First depth chart

Heitz

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most notable is Drayton Florence ahead of Leodis McKelvin at right cornerback. Last year's 11th overall draft choice, Aaron Maybin, is behind Miami Dolphins castoff Reggie Torbor at outside linebacker.

Third-round rookie Alex Carrington is the top backup at left defensive end ahead of 2006 first-rounder John McCargo.

Right there is a major reason why this franchise is suffering. First rounders that can't make it as starters. And we traded up for McCan'tgo! :)

Guest dog14787

STUPARMAN!!!!!!

That's awesome, from some of the reports I've seen, the guys been mowing people over and we need good blocking /plus good hands,

Jonathan Stupar has them both and he's fearless on the football field, great to see him get rewarded for all of his hard work. :)

Apparently the coaching staff doesn't think Nelson is a good enough blocker to be the #1 TE.

Would it have killed them to actually show us the entire depth chart? BuffaloBills.com doesn't have one listed, and the one listed on ESPN's site is noticeably different from what's in the article.

Stupar makes sense since you need good blocking on pretty much every play and you only occasionally need a TE with good speed/hands. Stupar's hands aren't so bad either.

Especially when you consider the size of our backs (when it comes to blocking) ML would probably be the best of the bunch and I'm sure that's not a role that he would be happy filling very often.

Stupar over Nelson?

Barf.

I have a funny story about Stupar that might explain his lack of playing time last season, take it for what it's worth. I was at a bar in hoboken watching the games last year wearing a Bills jersey. A group of guys yell go bills and I asked if they were from Buffalo. They said that they were from state college PA, but were good friends with Stupar (they were staying with a friend in Hoboken while in town for a bachelor party in NYC). I was saying how he looked promising in preseason and its a shame he got buried on the depth chart. They told me that his chances for playing time greatly decreased after he hooked up with Jauron's daughter. I assumed they were kidding around, but they went into some pretty vivid detail about it, and they all seemed to know the story. Not sure if its true, but I thought it was pretty hilarious.

I thought Stupar looked great in last year's preseason, and I couldn't figure out why we didn't play him more when he was healthy. Our recievers coach said, recently, that there are guys who look good in practice but who don't show up as much on game day, and then there are guys who don't stand out as much in practice but who show up big time on game day. Stupar seems to very often be making big plays. I like it.

I'm surprised about Stupar over Nelson. Imo looks much more muscular and i think that should translate to a better blocking game for him, since we've seen his good set of hands in the passing game. I'm still expecting a big year from him.

I have a funny story about Stupar that might explain his lack of playing time last season, take it for what it's worth. I was at a bar in hoboken watching the games last year wearing a Bills jersey. A group of guys yell go bills and I asked if they were from Buffalo. They said that they were from state college PA, but were good friends with Stupar (they were staying with a friend in Hoboken while in town for a bachelor party in NYC). I was saying how he looked promising in preseason and its a shame he got buried on the depth chart. They told me that his chances for playing time greatly decreased after he hooked up with Jauron's daughter. I assumed they were kidding around, but they went into some pretty vivid detail about it, and they all seemed to know the story. Not sure if its true, but I thought it was pretty hilarious.

That story may be true, but I just figured it was because Jauron couldnt evaluate the talent they had until it hit him in the face (and sometimes didnt realise it even after it hit him in the face) See Greer/Jackson/Leonard - even Pat Williams could be on that list. Last preseason Stupar was very impressive and this whole board saw it. It was pretty obvious. Im not that suprised he has worked his way up the depth chart.

I'm surprised about Stupar over Nelson. Nelson imo looks much more muscular and i think that should translate to a better blcoking game for him, since we've seen his good set of hands in the passing game. Still expecting a big year from him.

Unfortunately, for some reason it doesn't.

I'm surprised about Stupar over Nelson. Nelson imo looks much more muscular and i think that should translate to a better blcoking game for him, since we've seen his good set of hands in the passing game. Still expecting a big year from him.
Someone who attended camp reported here that when the TEs did a drill involving pushing a blocking sled, Nelson was noticeably worse at it compared to the other TEs. Of course, he should have been doing work in the offseason to increase his upper body strength. If he wasn't, he has nobody to blame but himself. Maybe it's just going to take a little longer for him to build that strength up.

Stupar's home town is listed as State College PA. And Jauron does have two daughters. He is 59, so you would think his daughters are probably somewhat older than Stupar, but not necessarily.

Someone who attended camp reported here that when the TEs did a drill involving pushing a blocking sled, Nelson was noticeably worse at it compared to the other TEs. Of course, he should have been doing work in the offseason to increase his upper body strength. If he wasn't, he has nobody to blame but himself. Maybe it's just going to take a little longer for him to build that strength up.

Stupar's home town is listed as State College PA. And Jauron does have two daughters. He is 59, so you would think his daughters are probably somewhat older than Stupar, but not necessarily.

Crypt-cougars?

I've seen him do that drill a couple times this year, he doesn't seem to far behind the others and even if he was his pass catching ability should put him passed Stupar, since we haven't seen Stupar in an actual regular season game against starters.

Maybe we'll see a lot of two tight end formations.

:)

I was thinking the same thing a while back. With no dominant #2 WR, and a surplus of effective RBs, and a precarious OT situation, you might need quite a bit of 1 WR 2 TE 2 RB sets. Assuming Nelson is one of the TEs and Spiller is one of the RBs, then you could potentially create matchup problems by splitting out either/both.

Personally, I don't see the excitement over Shawn Nelson. His physique is "maybinesque" and had all of 17 receptions last year for a TE position that was devestated by injuries. Why the hype going onto 2010?

Personally, I don't see the excitement over Shawn Nelson. His physique is "maybinesque" and had all of 17 receptions last year for a TE position that was devestated by injuries. Why the hype going onto 2010?

In his defense he did have nagging injuries all year.