OT: Looking for some good wing sauce recipes

There is a little preparation involved before the wings are dropped into the fryer. You must rinse the wings clean with cold water then let the water drain away from the wings. Best method is to put the wings in a strainer over a sink...rinse away then let them drain for a few minutes.

Drop the wings in the fryer....let them fry until crisp....lift them up and let them drain. For extra crispy drop them again for a minute or so (seems strange but i promise it is the best way for crispy wings). Use half salted butter and half unsalted butter when mixing with franks. Another great recipe is cutting open pit bbq sauce with half franks hot sauce/half open pit...gives it a nice zip. (hot bbq)

A few other tips:

cajun seasoning with franks for cajun wings

Cajun seasoning with open pit for cajun bbq

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a little preparation involved before the wings are dropped into the fryer. You must rinse the wings clean with cold water then let the water drain away from the wings. Best method is to put the wings in a strainer over a sink...rinse away then let them drain for a few minutes.

Drop the wings in the fryer....let them fry until crisp....lift them up and let them drain. For extra crispy drop them again for a minute or so (seems strange but i promise it is the best way for crispy wings). Use half salted butter and half unsalted butter when mixing with franks. Another great recipe is cutting open pit bbq sauce with half franks hot sauce/half open pit...gives it a nice zip. (hot bbq)

A few other tips:

cajun seasoning with franks for cajun wings

Cajun seasoning with open pit for cajun bbq

Good post, that is very important and worth mentioning.

I haven't tried the half and half. I think I will try that. Can it be any BB sauce or is the pit the best?

I know it's not a classic sauce, but I like to make a hot honey mustard bbq style wing sauce sometimes

real simple, just coarse brown mustard, cayenne pepper, white pepper vinegar, honey, and whatever else I happen to find that sounds good, its kinda a on the fly type recipe, but it always turns out well.

As far as cooking methods, I have 2 methods:

1: bake in oven at 400 degrees for 15 min, then fry till crispy

2: fry from raw till crispy, coat in sauce, then sear on grill, this will carmelize the sauce and adds some depth of flavor (good for thicker sauces like teriaki or my mustard style sauce).

good luck

The Central New Jersey Bills Backers had some wings at the TBD Tailgate circa like 2004 that were fabulous. Ok we are off to a good start. I'm into all types of sauces and want to add more to my recipe book. Thanks in advance.

Thanks! I (of course) use Frank's. I replaced the butter a long time ago with OLIVE OIL. Depending on the crowd - I also mix in a certain amount of Frank's xtra hot. I tailgate these days next to the Fieldhouse in Lot 1 on the same row as Kenny the Ketchup man and his Pinto.

My colleague, Ron, usually brings his cooker since he lives locally and I assist in the cooking for games I am at. This year it will be the Opener and the Jacksonville games.

-RichNJoisy

Add Salt and pepper to this and you're pretty much there. Also, add some tabasco for a little extra spice. Secret ingredient is a tiny bit of vinegar.

I add some dried parsley, and a bit of tumeric which adds it's characteristic yellow tint along with the flavor. I'll give the vinegar a try.

If you ain't coughing as you're raising the wing to your mouth, there ain't enough vinegar. <_<

This made me LOL because I miss the Hot wings from Duffs... It's been a few years. You all make it sound easy to make wings. Now I just need to get a deep fryer and I'll be making my own in no time!

This made me LOL because I miss the Hot wings from Duffs... It's been a few years. You all make it sound easy to make wings. Now I just need to get a deep fryer and I'll be making my own in no time!

Don't wait for a deep fryer. I know it's heresy, but the best wings I ever had were baked.

Don't wait for a deep fryer. I know it's heresy, but the best wings I ever had were baked.

Living in NC, everyone seems to bake their wings and they don't have that crisp that fried wings have. I like my wings crispy. Thanks for the tip, but I think I'll be purchasing a fryer in the near future.

Living in NC, everyone seems to bake their wings and they don't have that crisp that fried wings have. I like my wings crispy. Thanks for the tip, but I think I'll be purchasing a fryer in the near future.

If they're not crisp out of the oven your friends are doing it wrong. High temperature (like 450), and no sauce until they've been out of the oven for 5 - 10 minutes.

cooking just for yourself? then a small deep fryer will be fine. You can cook up to 12 wings at a time.

http://www.amazon.com/Presto-05420-FryDadd...1059&sr=8-1

don't forget the fries, celery, blue cheese (Marie's) and beer.

burp <_<