OT: Looking for some good wing sauce recipes

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried it the other night. THe sauce came out a little brothy. Shouldn't it have a more carmelized look and texture?

Context? To which recipe are you referring?

Franks and butter. I tried it again today and I think it came out a little better. I threw in some cayanne pepper and some salt and black pepper. Nice hot flavor.

:wallbash:

Good to hear. Now you have the basic sauce and you can tweak to your taste.

And to answer your earlier question, no the traditional sauce doesn't look caramelized at all.

Today I ordered takeout wings extra crispy with no sauce and then tossed them in my homemade (Frank's and butter) sauce once I got them home. They were spectacular. It's a good alternative for an out of towner that wants good sauce but doesn't have a deep fryer. I trust the local place to deep fry a wing, but the sauce just isn't right around here (Jersey).

Today I ordered takeout wings extra crispy with no sauce and then tossed them in my homemade (Frank's and butter) sauce once I got them home. They were spectacular. It's a good alternative for an out of towner that wants good sauce but doesn't have a deep fryer. I trust the local place to deep fry a wing, but the sauce just isn't right around here (Jersey).

:lol:

Excellent move. I used to do the same thing. At one place in SF, I'd bring my own sauce in and ask the kitchen to use it. It was a Phiily Cheesesteak takeout place so it wasn't too big of a deal. In fact, I always brought extra sauce for the guys in the kitchen. They loved it.

Franks and butter. I tried it again today and I think it came out a little better. I threw in some cayanne pepper and some salt and black pepper. Nice hot flavor.

Replace butter with margarine and thank me later.