What is the best golf course you have ever played?

Hossage

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have played some really nice courses. I can't top those, but I will LAMP it up a bit here by saying I'm playing with Jay Haas tomorrow at Rockbarn. Got a media pass to play with last year's champion of the Greater Hickory Classic, a Senior Tour event held annually at the course.

I played Pebble Beach once. It cost me some serious dough, but it is all it is said to be.

I also managed to play Oak Hill once, and Bethpage Black back before it was glorified by the US open.

I'll concur with the Love Course at Barefoot Landing in Myrtle Beach.

TPC in Myrtle Beach was pretty good also.

I played the Seneca Hickory Stick Golf Course in

Lewiston on Sunday.. Nice course. It just opened in July

and is in very nice shape.

I am going to play at the Greenbrier this fall as I

have a half off coupon after attending the Greenbrier Classic

that Stuart Appleby won.

Alas, my 59 will be achieved after the front nine.

Wow I am jealous of some of you guys, playing on some truly amazing courses. My resume is not as impressive, the nicest course I've ever played was in Erie, PA which I thought was gorgeous compared to anything I've ever played in WNY but it probably isn't that impressive compared to some of these courses you guys have played.

So aside from the great courses we've played around the world, what are your favorite courses in WNY?

My "home courses" (the ones I'm most familiar with) are Dande Farms CC and Elma Meadows. Probably the most fun I've ever had was at the Links at Ivy Ridge. Buffalo Tournament Club is a promising course, but it's still relatively new and underfinished (fairways are wispy and bare is the biggest problem).

So aside from the great courses we've played around the world, what are your favorite courses in WNY?

My "home courses" (the ones I'm most familiar with) are Dande Farms CC and Elma Meadows. Probably the most fun I've ever had was at the Links at Ivy Ridge. Buffalo Tournament Club is a promising course, but it's still relatively new and underfinished (fairways are wispy and bare is the biggest problem).

grew up playing Elma and Delaware park, best course I played was Torrey Pines South, the best course I played where golf is secondary to the scenery is the Nicklaus Breckenridge Colorado muni course.