CJ moving up to first team

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing that CJ Spiller is already gonna start running with the starters after just signing, and is already #1 option at KR and PR.

So this being the case, should we trade a McKelvin for a Gaither clean if he is healthy?? If Gaither is healthy enough to play LT, that gives us a whole different outlook on the line. McKelvin not being there would barely change our backfield at all, so what's more important?

IMO, it only implies that he's rotating with the ones--just like the QBs...

Yes, and there's absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be.

He's got raw top talent and he's got to begin to refine his craft at the Pro game level.

They better have him in there a ton with the ones this week, so he doesn't step on his johnson in public at DC this Friday.

I am not a fan of Spiller returning kicks or punts...just use him as a RB and leave it at that.

why not?

he was the best returner in college the past few years and could provide an immediate spark on returns, why wouldnt you want to take advantage of that

its football, you cant be afraid to play guys in fear of getting hurt

Exactly. On top of that, has anyone actually looked into whether returners get injured more frequently than non-returners? Seems to me that there isn't really a high number of injuries to kick/punt returners in NFL games...

why not?

he was the best returner in college the past few years and could provide an immediate spark on returns, why wouldnt you want to take advantage of that

Actually he's more worried about looking like a dummy when Spiller helps the Bills make the playoffs.

PTR

why not?

I don't really care either way but don't the Bills have about 5 other really good return candidates. McKelvin, McGee, Lankster just to name a few.

Hearing that CJ Spiller is already gonna start running with the starters after just signing, and is already #1 option at KR and PR.

So this being the case, should we trade a McKelvin for a Gaither clean if he is healthy?? If Gaither is healthy enough to play LT, that gives us a whole different outlook on the line. McKelvin not being there would barely change our backfield at all, so what's more important?

McKelvin has a chance to be a great corner and McGee isn't getting any younger. You don't make this team better by breaking up the best unit.

Of course Spiller is going to get reps with the first team. I suspect even before he was drafted, now quite obvoious he was their target the entire time, they were creating plays exclusively for him likely with another RB on the field.

I don't really care either way but don't the Bills have about 5 other really good return candidates. McKelvin, McGee, Lankster just to name a few.

Probably would work best to give them all a chance. Even Jackson was not that bad plus putting him back there gives a little extra size for a blocker.

Since there is no practice today, and the coaches are evaluating film, I would say Jason at this point is guessing trying to be first with news. let's wait to see tomorrow.

Agree on the timing, he's guessing right now.

I wouldn't mind seeing what CJ can do in the KR game, but as far as PR goes I would stick with Parrish.

Just field an entire unit of returners on kicks and punts. Sure, they can't block, but it would be incredibly funny to watch.