53 man roster 8(PS)

NishP

I wasn't trying to stir things up. I wanted to know why he called it the most non-biased (or "non-bias"). I didn't know if he meant the most non-biased on the board, he could come up with, etc. It's kind of an odd claim and I just want to know what he meant.

And I also thought someone should mention there are other threads where the very same thing is currently being discussed.

I've got it! The author is James Hardy's cousin. By leaving Hardy off his roster, he was clearly demonstrating his "most non-biased" attempt at guessing the roster...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got it! The author is James Hardy's cousin. By leaving Hardy off his roster, he was clearly demonstrating his "most non-biased" attempt at guessing the roster...

Ah, excellent. Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense.

Knowing that it MIGHT even warrant its own thread.

I don't think its really even that difficult of a decision. The only thing Hardy really gives them that Chad Jackson doesn't is height, but even that advantage has been largely negated by the additions at the WR position this offseason. Eight of the ten WRs on the roster are at least six feet tall. Considering that Jackson is a more talented overall prospect and that, by most all accounts, he's clearly outperforming Hardy in practice, I think the writing is on the wall should it come down to a choice between those two.

If they want a WR with Hardy's height, they can always keep David Nelson on the practice squad, plus they could even use Shawn Nelson outside some as well.

Yes, I think Nelson is a shoo-in for the PS. I'm pretty sure Felton Huggins is still eligible, too, and he's a dangerous deep man.

There's no way we're going into the season with 2 QBs, one who has never done anything in the NFL & a 3rd QB on the practice squad. Obviously the OP has a strong anti-Fitzpatrick bias that has tainted any logical conclusion as to the QBs we will keep.

Fitzpatrick is a virtual lock to make the team. Gailey is not going into the season without a veteran backup as the 2nd stringer, especially with Edwards' injury history. The scenario as posted would put Brohm as #1 & Levi Brown elevated from the PS as #2 if Edwards went down. That's ridiculous. Gailey would never put himself in the position of the totally unproven Brohm being backed up by the 7th round rookie. He has to be aware that Edwards is odds on to get injured at some point.

More logical scenarios:

Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm or Brown with Brown on the PS if it's Brohm & Brohm in the UFL if it's Brown.

Say Edwards gets hurt in preseason: Then it would be Fitzpatrick or Brohm with the loser as #2, Brown #3.

I cannot think of 1 scenario that doesn't have Fitzpatrick 1 or 2, unless he gets a serious injury in preseason.

Sorry, but anyone who thinks Fitzpatrick is gone who doesn't plan on him being replaced with a veteran backup doesn't understand how NFL rosters are put together. You have your starter. If he's fully entrenched and has shown durability, then you can go with one backup, who can be an unproven guy. Otherwise you have 2 backups. In an unsettled situation as the Bills have, you always keep 3 QBs. One of them, either the starter or #2 is a veteran. If Fitzpatrick goes, a QB with NFL starting experience, like Thigpen will replace him. Odds: slim & none that Fitzpatrick isn't there on opening day.

First Fitz is horrible and should be gone by the second preseason game.

Second I would not be opposed to any other QB with experience being added at the expense of Brohm

Third Brown is going to be the third QB. They will not expose him to the waiver wire having just drafted him, which is what would need to happen to place him on the PS.

Second I would not be opposed to any other QB with experience being added at the expense of Brohm

Third Brown is going to be the third QB. They will not expose him to the waiver wire having just drafted him, which is what would need to happen to place him on the PS.

Have to agree, at least that there will be 3 QB's on this team, and that Trent and Levi are #1 and #3. That means Fitz or Brohm are outta here.

PTR

There's no way we're going into the season with 2 QBs, one who has never done anything in the NFL & a 3rd QB on the practice squad. Obviously the OP has a strong anti-Fitzpatrick bias that has tainted any logical conclusion as to the QBs we will keep.

Fitzpatrick is a virtual lock to make the team. Gailey is not going into the season without a veteran backup as the 2nd stringer, especially with Edwards' injury history. The scenario as posted would put Brohm as #1 & Levi Brown elevated from the PS as #2 if Edwards went down. That's ridiculous. Gailey would never put himself in the position of the totally unproven Brohm being backed up by the 7th round rookie. He has to be aware that Edwards is odds on to get injured at some point.

More logical scenarios:

Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm or Brown with Brown on the PS if it's Brohm & Brohm in the UFL if it's Brown.

Say Edwards gets hurt in preseason: Then it would be Fitzpatrick or Brohm with the loser as #2, Brown #3.

I cannot think of 1 scenario that doesn't have Fitzpatrick 1 or 2, unless he gets a serious injury in preseason.

Sorry, but anyone who thinks Fitzpatrick is gone who doesn't plan on him being replaced with a veteran backup doesn't understand how NFL rosters are put together. You have your starter. If he's fully entrenched and has shown durability, then you can go with one backup, who can be an unproven guy. Otherwise you have 2 backups. In an unsettled situation as the Bills have, you always keep 3 QBs. One of them, either the starter or #2 is a veteran. If Fitzpatrick goes, a QB with NFL starting experience, like Thigpen will replace him. Odds: slim & none that Fitzpatrick isn't there on opening day.

I think that Gailey keeps 3...Edwards, Brohm and Fitzpatrick...going in THAT order.

The Dolphins went with Pennington and Henne, when Henne was a Rookie. Brian Brohm was rated higher than Chad Henne...and that worked out pretty well for them. Pennington is just as injury, if not more, than Edwards. I believe that our Offense with be innovative like the Wildcat was, and at some points, it wont matter who are QB is.

I think Gailey would be fine going with just Edwards and Brohm, with Levi Brown on the P.S.

Just because you say Fitzpatrick is horrible, doesn't make him horrible. The truth is we were able to win games with him in there last year. He has intangibles like intelligence & leadership that you're totally ignoring. The coaches who see him every day and are around him about 12/6 know a lot more than anyone here. He is exactly what every team wants in their second string QB-an intelligent player who can win you games when your 1st stringer is out. He may not look pretty to you out there, but he gets the job done. If he was waived, he would be with another team within 24 hours.

I only have a few minor quibbles with your guesses, which I've already mentioned in other similar threads. But I have two different questions:

Why do you believe your list is "most non-bias attempt"?

Why didn't you simply add your thoughts to one of the other similar threads?

Well i have 1 simple answer for you........ because i didnt feel like it hombre! it has a few pages of comments so i think i will be ok man. lmao

More logical scenarios:

Well thats why it was my guess at the 53 man roster, but im thinkin chan will wanna keep as many people on the practice squad as he can, so if he moves a 3rd QB to the roster that makes 7 eligible for the practice squad and then if he puts brown on the practice squad that only leaves 6 spots on the practice squad so i really dont see that happening.... But this is just what im thinkin ya kno!

Your backtracking is shameful.

People won't notice so many repetitive threads when hall monitors stop sounding the alarm.

Training camp is a monotonous evolution. I'd read a new roster prediction every 4hrs(if available)

yeah i'd second that notion, its always interesting to see what other people think

and if you dont like it do something about it and stop damn crying lmao people these days, cry cry cry cry cry that all they do....

I wasn't trying to stir things up. I wanted to know why he called it the most non-biased (or "non-bias"). I didn't know if he meant the most non-biased on the board, he could come up with, etc. It's kind of an odd claim and I just want to know what he meant.

And I also thought someone should mention there are other threads where the very same thing is currently being discussed.

OK i called it the most non bias because my cousin plays for the bills but i put him on the practice squad, plus alotta people dnt like kelsay but i included him, i personally dont see the bills cuttin kelsay this season. Is tht good enough for you i mean if its tht big of a deal just have the damn thread erased my feeling wouldn't be hurt at all "SIR"

Aye i know your jus B.S'in but your pretty damn close lmao, and thats why it would be my most un bias attempt!

Ah, excellent. Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense.

Knowing that it MIGHT even warrant its own thread.

Damn your still talkin about this lol, way to kick a dead horse i mean that thing is mutilated

Have at it people, The extra DB's and LB's are for kick and punt squads!

That's a lot of DB's but that's a hard area to cut. I don't mind multiple threads like this as one dedicated one gets too cumbersome to follow. Your list is reasonable, but I don't think Kelsay survives if Ellis keeps playing like he has. He's got more speed than Kelsay by a long shot. I'm checking practice out on Wednesday.

As for other "here's my roster" lists that follow this, guess away but PLEASE don't say Marshawn is not on the final roster because we traded him for a starting LT. That will instantly dissolve any facade that you know what you are talking about.

I went to camp friday and saturday. Edwards was the worst qb there but he is going up against the #1 defense but he HAS not improved. dont believe the hype! He threw one bomb to Lee Evans but Evans was open by 10 yards! he looks the same; Fitzpatrick looked surprisingly good both days but Brohm throws the nicest looking passes and looked very good. I truly do not understand how he is the #1 QB but again I was there only 2 days

Spiller looked electrifying - Troup and Carrington both look like they're going to be very good contributors.

Chad Jackson was very involved in the offense. Lee Evans is smooth and Aaron Maybin behaves like a baffoon

More logical scenarios:

I dont understand how you can say he is a lock to make this team. He has had easily the worse camp of all 3 QB's, was not very good last year when he played, and has the highest price tag. How does that equal a lock? I dont want to hear about how he led us to some wins last year, he still was not very good in most of those games. Yes, the team rallied more around him than Trent and he showed more moxy, but that doesnt change that he didnt play very well and was incredibly inaccurate at times.

More importantly, last year is last year and Chan has said consistently he doesnt care about what they did in the past. This is a new regime and the performance he is putting up in camp is not one of someone who is a "lock" to make this team. And in all honesty, unless he starts stepping his game up in practice and the preseason, then I think he is the one in the most danger of not making this team.

Many backup QB's are unproven and have very little if any starts under their belts. So its quite reasonable to think that Brohm could easily end up the sole acive QB behind Trent assumingTrent can hold onto the starting job. You dont even have to look outside our division to see this...NE did that with Brady backing up Bledsoe and Cassel backing up Brady (and Cassel had not started a single game since he was in High School).

More logical scenarios:

Thank you for that little ray of sanity. I believe the same thing - Fitz is basically penciled in as the #2 as we speak. To take it farther, Brown is likely penciled in as the #3, in my opinion. Unless they really think that he can pass through to the practice squad, I don't think they will risk it.

You are right on with your e v a l of Fitz. He was signed last year to be the veteran backup for three years. He has a contract in place. And, when he was called upon to fulfill those duties and play, he won games behind a putrid OL and with awful offensive game plans to support. And those posting that "Fitz is gone" are saying that why exactly? Because he's misfired on a couple of balls when everyone is wearing shorts? Are you kidding? Do you want this team to be 2 - 14?

Maybe you do, but Gailey sure doesn't, and he's not as crazy as some here.

I believe that Brohm and Edwards are fighting for the #1 spot and also a spot on the roster. Unfortunately, the loser gets cut. Fitz will stay because of the above reasons and Brown will stay because he is the only one actually chosen by this regime and even if he plays fourth best in practice and preseason, they will hold on to him for development later.

The only thing Fitz's reported poor play has done is cost him (apparently) a shot at the #1 job, but even there I say there are still preseason games to play.

I just don't see why the Bills will trade Lynch at the end of training camp. It will not do any good for getting an OT who will have to come and learn the new playbook. The Bills had chances to get Brown from the Saints and the tackle from Dallas, but they chose not to.

I believe Lynch will be in the thick of things and if this offense can have a rhythm then we will see him take back his starting job. Lynch is too valuable and scores TDs, something that he differentiates from Fred Jackson.

This is one of those lines that gets repeated so often people begin to believe it. Last year neither saw much of the end zone, but FJ had 4 tds (2 rec) to ML's 2. In previous years Lynch saw the bulk of carries and virtually all redzone carries. I'd like to see what FJ does as a starter in an NFL offense before deciding he can't score.