They must step up or go as well:

Chris Ellis

James Hardy

John McCargo

Ashton Youboty

Kirk Chambers

Beastmode (trade hopefully)

Must step up but obviously staying:

Aaron Maybin (makes me cringe every time I watch Orakpo play)

Trent Edwards

What say you??

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsay, ellison, fitzy. Yup.

Hardy, chambers, yup.

I think Lynch is replaceable, but maybe it doesnt make financial sense to.

Clearly, maybin should have never been signed.

I think Simpson is a very good player, and was impressed with his limited playing time at Indianapolis. But he is similar to spiller and freddy and not so much like Lynch, who is more powerful. I think he gets cut despite his efforts.

Ellis fits our needs so well, and they say he has been improving, but I am just not convinced.

I dunno about youboty. I have been impressed with him every year until he gets hurt.

Sort of a negative post, but a unique one, so I give you props. I'll give it a try

Okay, I'll start:

Here's my cut wish list:

Chris Kelsay I would've agreed if schobel was coming back, but he's not, so i guess he stays

Keith Ellison totally agree, never liked him, a liability on D as far as i'm concerned

Ryan Fitzpatrick tough to call with our QB situation. I reserve judgment until after I see Brohm in a few preseason series

Chris Ellis He already has stepped up from what i've read. He's good give him a chance

James Hardy At best he is situational. He will only contribute in red zone/goal line offense. He makes it tho.

John McCargo Agree. Cut.

Ashton Youboty Disagree. Good nickel/dime corner. Keep him.

Kirk Chambers I would say cut, but we need the depth, so he stays.

Beastmode (trade hopefully) Ambiguous since Spiller just signed today and there is no data on him in camp yet. I think he stays and we roll no FB this year.

Aaron Maybin (makes me cringe every time I watch Orakpo play) You and everyone else has to get over it now. I admit I wanted Orakpo too last year; I even predicted we would take him once he fell to us. But we have Aaron, we lost Schobel, so let's see what he does at his new position. He may thrive, you never know. He is a better 34 olb than a 43 de anyways.

Trent Edwards He's our starter, at least for now. Hey, I try to stay positive. Before Adrian Wilson scrambled his brains, Trent was showing some potential. Hopefully he has finally got over that hit and is ready to perform.

What say you??

Sort of a negative post, but a unique one, so I give you props. I'll give it a try

The approach is a bit odd to me in that while I think there are players who I believe will get cut it is the rare player that I actually wish he gets cut. However, some fans get enjoyment out of seeing others suffer so I guess whatever floats one's boat.

ok i'll give it a go

Okay, I'll start:

Here's my cut wish list:

Chris Kelsay

Keith Ellison

Ryan Fitzpatrick

roosevelt

John McCargo

Ashton Youboty

Kirk Chambers

lonnie harvey

kavika mitchell

bryan scott

Aaron Maybin

donte whitner

leodis mckelvin

marcus stroud

What say you??

yeah, aside from the obvious UDFA's and scrubs, thats the main group cut list

I want to see all the guys that can't help the Bills win as much as the others get cut. I've never been a big Chris Ellis fan but if he can help the Bills better than anyone else on the current roster then I hope they keep him.

It's sad that so many guys here are busting their tails and yet won't make the team. No wonder HC's hate cut down days. Whether or not some guys make this team the vast majority of them seem to have been busting tail since the offseason started. JMO

I want to see all the guys that can't help the Bills win as much as the others get cut. I've never been a big Chris Ellis fan but if he can help the Bills better than anyone else on the current roster then I hope they keep him.

It's sad that so many guys here are busting their tails and yet won't make the team. No wonder HC's hate cut down days. Whether or not some guys make this team the vast majority of them seem to have been busting tail since the offseason started. JMO

I hear ya and totally agree. I don't think me, you or anyone can say they're a Ellis fan; he hasn't been on the field enough to make a good impression. But that is the best part of this 43 - 34 transition: players (i.e. Maybin, Ellis) who failed to make noise in the previous system have another chance to prove their worth in a slightly different skill set. We don't know if they'll fail in their new roles or not. Maybe that is false hope, but I'll take it. We'll see soon enough if they can perform in those new roles anyways.

I have no delusions about the Bills' talent pool compared to others in the league; we still have to improve in several areas. That doesn't mean there aren't players on the roster this year (maybe Ellis) ready to step up their game and be standouts in the league.

Guys with name recognition - Ellison, Kelsay, Fitz, McCargo, Ellis, Stupar, Chambers

All the FB's

I think it is safe to say the DB's are pretty set (Wilson, Byrd, Whitner, Scott, McGee, McKelvin, Florence, and Corner) and it will just come down to whether they keep an extra safety or an extra corner. My bet is they keep Lankster and Youbouty and go with the four listed safeties. All the rest are just training camp bodies. That's 10 db's. I think they had 11 last year. My guess is they keep an extra LB this year especially with the move to a 3-4.

Okay, I'll start:

Chris Kelsay - NO - Kelsay is a veteran who gives 110% every play. He will not be cut.

Keith Ellison - NO - Another vet with good work ethic - adds excellent depth at OLB.

Ryan Fitzpatrick - YES - Bills must keep Levi Brown.

Chris Ellis - NO - Might actually be coming into his own as a future star at OLB.

James Hardy - NO - (You are joking, right? - 6'5 young WR who hasn't even had a chance to play yet)

John McCargo - YES - first round bust.

Ashton Youboty- NO - Why cut him??

Kirk Chambers - NO - they cannot afford to cut veteran OL's - at least not this year.

Beastmode (trade hopefully) - NO - After Schoebel walked away for nothing, I'm sick of the Bills cutting "tradeable" players.

Aaron Maybin (makes me cringe every time I watch Orakpo play) - NO....KIDDING! :worthy:

Trent Edwards - Really?? :D

What say you??

I have no idea who the Bills will actually cut. Considering how young the team is, they should keep every vet "on the bubble", at least for experienced depth WHEN the injuries begin to pile up. That say I.

Career loser Kelsay. 7 years of FAIL makes for a bad influence.

Agreed. I am not one for saving Ralph's money, but when your performance only justifies about 10% of your salary something needs to be done. Additionally, he's at the age now where he is going to start breaking down and durability is the only thing he's had going for him in recent seasons. We really do need a change. At best, Kelsay represents the Donahoe era where the Bills were known for lacking mental toughness. At worst, he's a reminder of the Bills lack of playmakers.....the trademark of the Levy/Jauron era. It would be refreshing to see him let go.

:worthy:

You would definitely be on my first cut list for TSW. Others may overlook you because you never actually offer one ounce of Bills related content, but you have my vote because your hackneyed responses are boring and always an attack on TSW or it's posters.

Anyone who is not better at their position than someone else currently on the roster. Anything else reeks of being more interested in 'being right on a message board' vs wanting the team to win.

Agree. As I've written before, I won't root against anyone who is a member of the Buffalo Bills.

If we trust Nix and Gailey and Co. to make the wisest choices, I would say that I'm rooting for the best 53 players to make this football team. And I would wish good luck to those who don't make the final cut.

p.s- And to those posters here who have their favorite "whipping boys" on the Buffalo Bills, what will all of you say if Kelsay and/or Whitner and/or Trent have a great season? How many of you will own up to their former opinions and eat their words?

I would guess not many. Most of you will play it off like "it's all good" and pretend that there was never a problem, even though you took nearly every opportunity to defame that player that you love to hate.

There are unfortunately lots of "crusaders" on this board…and those types of people just target a new whipping boy when their old one is finally deposed, because that's what crusaders do.