Should we hope the bills lose games, like Jerry Sullivan said?

Hossage

I am not in favor of rooting for my favorite team to tank this year but I am in favor of letting the younger guys play this year to see what they can do and if that means we go 4-12 so be it. I do believe it is crucial that we land one of the top 3 quarterbacks coming out of the draft next year. The qb class next year with locker, luck, and mallett may be held in the same regard as the class in 2004 when manning rivers and roethlisberger came out. Whatever happens, Go Bills.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone think the Bills are going to be worse than last year? They have the same QBs, Same line(although now more experienced), some new talent on defense, strong secondary, strong runningbacks and a new head coach who is clearly lightyears better than dickie jauron. So why does this all add up to the team taking a step backwards from 6-10?

if a business hires a completely new management team who comes in and changes all the business and computer systems but retains all the rest of the employees will that business suffer a short term productivity hit when compared with other similar businesses that didnt change all those things?

if we start 1 & 9 and are eliminated from the playoffs the argument has merit. if we are 0-0, Sully's argument has no merit. give the players and coaches a chance to prove themselves or not. that said I expect a 5-11 season, i hope for an 11-5 season.

Sully is nothing more than a weenie with a keyboard. If you think of it that way, his behavior doesn't really bother you because it is so true.

Sullivan has balls calling out the Bills for having a loser's mentality, then he suggests they tank games for a draft pick. If you have good scouting you don't need a high daft pick to find players. The Bills will be better served learning how to win now than act like they're doing everyone a favor by losing.

Sorry John, but this is what I hate about Sully.

PTR

John, I know it is in bad form to trash people in your field, but Sullivan is on the same talent level as Bob Matthews.

There's some really good ones out there (including you) so I disagree with the previous poster's generalization about "our journalists", but ugh. Sullivan. Ugh.

uh, boy.

jw

:devil:

Rock on Sully!

No member of the Buffalo Bills organization should agree with Sullivan. Their job is to win games not throw them. As an objective third party which Sullivan should be as a member of the press he may be right. I personally hope that the Bills make the playoffs. One of our QB's would need to step up and become a franchise QB. In that case there is not a need for a first round pick. I do not believe that it will happen though. As a fan of the Buffalo Bills if they can't finish 10 and 6 then I want them to finish with 4 wins or less.

I can respect John's view of the conversation, but there is a self esteem issue here with Sully. The banning highlighted it.

IDK, I would think that if you start thinking of your team losing as desirable, at that point you really stop being a fan. Even if you are thinking long-term.

I would also think that if you are un-biased and you bring that up to a biased fan, the fan is not going to react positively to you. You may want to develop thicker skin if you are going to throw that at a fan.

John, I know it is in bad form to trash people in your field, but Sullivan is on the same talent level as Bob Matthews.

There's some really good ones out there (including you) so I disagree with the previous poster's generalization about "our journalists", but ugh. Sullivan. Ugh.

Ive' long felt that Sullivan's basic issue is that he doesn't really like football all that much. He gets very animated when he writes about basketball and baseball, which are clearly his first true loves. Since he's based in Buffalo, though, he has to focus on the Bills. That's not a criticism, by the way.

edit: I've been critical of Sully for a long time, but he has finally grown on me.

if a business hires a completely new management team who comes in and changes all the business and computer systems but retains all the rest of the employees will that business suffer a short term productivity hit when compared with other similar businesses that didnt change all those things?

If the new management comes in and has more experience and knowledge then the previous one, and makes everyone work harder than they have in previous years, I could see productivity going up.

P.S. I've played football and I work for a business, and the two aren't even comparable

Dude sounds like a real tool bag. Do I think the Bills are going to be extremely successful this year? No. Do I think they have talent? Yes. No team should ever lose on purpose to gain higher draft picks. Draft picks don't always pan out anyway. The Bills should be focusing on the switch to the 3-4 and the more complex offense we are beginning to run. Let these media heads talk, though...that's what they are good at.

Jerry Sullivan is clueless- saying Detroit will be in the running for the top pick- they will win between 7 and 9 games.

He is like talk radio- he appeals to MORONS, which unfortunately are in the majority.

Personally, I would enjoy making him tap- but he wouldn't last long enough

He wrote a very good piece on Schobel. Did a good job describing the inconsistencies of his career.

And Clayton broke the Spiller signing.

Bad day for the Haters.

But he also said that even after nine years he never got to know Schobel. That speaks volumes to me. Sullivan is a blowhard prima-donna who can't be bothered to do a little legwork.

But he also said that even after nine years he never got to know Schobel. That speaks volumes to me. Sullivan is a blowhard prima-donna who can't be bothered to do a little legwork.

I think it is funny that he thinks Schobel was not joking about his kids not liking him. Aarons kids like him just fine. If he knew Aaron, he would have known he was joking. So I guess he was right in that he did not know him.

:devil:

Rock on Sully!

Bills fans won't have to "hope" to lose games, it will happen anyway.

Delusions of grandeur have infected anyone who thinks the Bills will not be cellar dwellers in the AFC East this year.

This is reality.

As a fan, I cheer for the Bills to win. I really don't take into consideration their record and where they land in the upcoming draft. Perhaps, I am being a little "closed minded" because there is validity to what Sully said. I have a difficult time agreeing with it but I understand it. I myself find it very difficult to encourage my team to lose. Long term, maybe it is best to try to get the best draft pick. One might ask? What's the difference between 2-14 or 4-12. Both are really horrendous seasons. However, the 2-14 might be able to land the top QB in the next draft and the 4-12 team might not have that chance.

What do you guys think?

I think that's crazy. There are no guarantees. Jim Kelly was what the 14th pick. Dan Marino was 27 I believe. And neither one of those were top 10 picks. Tim Couch was. Ryan Leaf was. Jamarcus Russell was. I could go on, but you should get the point. LOSING is no remedy. Win and win as much as possible.

If the new management comes in and has more experience and knowledge then the previous one, and makes everyone work harder than they have in previous years, I could see productivity going up.

P.S. I've played football and I work for a business, and the two aren't even comparable

Or if the new management engages talents of the workers there that were not tapped into before they can also get better production and overall results. Leadership matters.