Well, Someone like's the Bills at least

plenzmd1

So, I have not seen this yet, and found it interesting. The following was in Len Pasquarelli notes column on ESPN. He is a Pittsburgh guy, and I think pretty tight with Cowher, so I will take it this comes from Cowher.

Cowher's future

It might be insensitive to mention it so soon -- so we'll apologize now for doing so -- but folks have wondered if the passing of his wife at just 54 will result in Cowher returning sooner to the sideline or spending another year or two with his three daughters.

The guess here is that Cowher -- who is extremely devoted to daughters Meagan, Lauren and Lindsay -- will remain away from the game for a while. Cowher, who is only 53, has plenty of time. If he decides to coach again someday, Cowher will have no trouble finding a job. Only a year ago, Cowher was intrigued by the Buffalo Bills, feeling a lot of things, with the exception of a quarterback, were in place there. The bug will doubtless bite him again, but probably not for a year or two.

So wonder if that means he felt the O line was going to come together etc. Not quite sure, but encouraged by the positve thought!!!

Does the word Donovan come to mind?

The Bills did have an interest in trading for McNabb. McNabb was adamant that he didn't want to go to Buffalo. The Eagles did the right thing and made a deal with the Redskins, a divisional opponent.

The Bills did have an interest in trading for McNabb. McNabb was adamant that he didn't want to go to Buffalo. The Eagles did the right thing and made a deal with the Redskins, a divisional opponent.

McNabb is probably willing to come to Buffalo, if the coach at that point was Cowher. The Bills were caught in a chicken-and-egg situation.

McNabb is probably willing to come to Buffalo, if the coach at that point was Cowher. The Bills were caught in a chicken-and-egg situation.

Absolutely not. McNabb was smart enough to realize that at this late stage of his career coming to Buffalo would have been a mistake. The Bills are years away from being a serious team, with our without Cowher. Why would he want to spend his last hurrah time with a franchise known for its dysfunction?

Buffalo did have an interest in McNabb. They made some serious offeres to the Eagles for him. McNabb was absolutely against going to one of the most irrelevant teams in the NFL. The Eagles did the right thing by respecting McNabb's wishes.

Absolutely not. McNabb was smart enough to realize that at this late stage of his career coming to Buffalo would have been a mistake. The Bills are years away from being a serious team, with our without Cowher. Why would he want to spend his last hurrah time with a franchise known for its dysfunction?

Buffalo did have an interest in McNabb. They made some serious offeres to the Eagles for him. McNabb was absolutely against going to one of the most irrelevant teams in the NFL. The Eagles did the right thing by respecting McNabb's wishes.

If they are so irrelevant, why do you follow them and comment on them all the time?

I gotta wonder what our QB situation would have been like if he had accepted the job. Something tells me it would look different than the scrubs we have

He would have hired Chan Gailey as his OC and we'd be witth same crew now to see if they can play or pick one in next year's draft.

If Cowher was HC, I imagine that gailey would have been brought in as the OC, so not a lot would have changed on the QB front. I do believe Cowher would have made us a more legitimate contender for the McNabb sweepstakes.

But not smart enough to realize, for all the hype, the 4-12 Redskins are no more likely to contend for anything in the near future, except possibly, "Worst Allocation of Free Agent Money", which they contend for every year.

But not smart enough to realize, for all the hype, the 4-12 Redskins are no more likely to contend for anything in the near future, except possibly, "Worst Allocation of Free Agent Money", which they contend for every year.

The Bills will have a better record than the Redskins IMO.

PTR