Jason Lacanfora just reported Bills and Spiller not close

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is supposedly a 13 million dollar difference between the 8th pick and the 11th pick. That's alot of money to try and come up with a agreement on.

It's my understanding that the negiotiations revolve around length of contract, how much money in each years salary, and the amount of guaranteed money.

Spiller will get killed on Twitter like Maybin if he holds out for to long.

There is supposedly a 13 million dollar difference between the 8th pick and the 11th pick. That's alot of money to try and come up with a agreement on.

It's my understanding that the negiotiations revolve around length of contract, how much money in each years salary, and the amount of guaranteed money.

I blame the !@#$ing raiders. Every year they try to !@#$ up the slotting.

I don't know why, but I just have a gut feeling that Spiller is going to hold out for a while.

I am probably 100% wrong on this (I usually am), but I just get the feeling that Spiller is going to want top dollar like Crabtree did last year. I started to get worred when he was already talking **** last week about not rusing into a deal.

I'd much rather get killed on twitter than lose 13 million $$$. !@#$ twitter.

This is about an agent trying to get top money for himself. What rookie football player decides on his own, except for Crabtree, that he should be better compensated? Spiller isn't stupid, he'll be in camp relatively soon after he tells his agent to stop #$%&ing around and complete the deal.

Says it could drag on like Maybins did last year. I don't get it, there is a slotted amount sign it and move on

If it drags on too long, just like Maybin, he becomes less and less of a factor for this year. I wish these guys would have more incentive laden deals. This rookie salary fiasco needs fixing.

First off, it will not surprise me if he holds out for a bit given his public comments about not rushing into a deal. At the same time, this is a business and this is a moment that will set him up for life. No one knows if he will be any good for sure, no one knows if will get hurt or not, etc etc. This may be his only big payday as another one isnt guaranteed. So, I dont blame him (or Maybin) for being commited to getting the right deal (within reason of course).

Second, Agents are going to come in and go way above market and the team is come in and try to get a deal for as low as they can. I am sure the team is using the fact we have 2 good RB's as leverage (I know I would) as to them not being in a rush, and I fully expect his agent wont shut up about how he was a top 3 player and the best RB and offensive weapon in the draft and should be paid accordingly.

So its not really a surprise that they are far apart right now, but I also think there is a little game of chicken being played here as each week of camp goes by someone is going to start sweating and more realistic negotiations will commence.

If it drags on too long, just like Maybin, he becomes less and less of a factor for this year. I wish these guys would have more incentive laden deals. This rookie salary fiasco needs fixing.

If C.J. Spiller is as good as most people say he is, then a hold out - even as long as Maybins' last year, won't make any difference as far as him being a "factor" this season. Maybin was an undersized pass rusher coming off one good season and he needed every rep he missed - not to mention 30 more pounds on his frame he didn't have. (The new strength and conditioning coaches have helped him beef up better for this season, and he still can't beat out a journeyman OLB recently cut by the Dolphins for the first team. Maybin will be a project again this year, but he is still young, so there is no reason to give up on him yet!)

Spiller, on the other hand, is a lightning fast running back who can catch passes out of the back field. He is not being counted on as the every down starting RB to begin with, so all he has to do is keep himself in top condition, study his play book, and be ready to go once he gets to camp. And unlike Crabtree, he also does not need to learn how to run precise pass patterns and find seperation as a full time WR. He pretty much knows how to catch punts and kick offs and run in the direction the play calls for. For once, a first round pick can go ahead and hold out for a while, with no serious consequences for him or the team, in my humble opinion.