Another tackle possibility bites the dust.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/footbal...position=recent

Yeah...he's been to the pro bowl a few times, but we managed to sign a guy from Oakland who is a penalty machine, and look how Oakland did with him at tackle!

Nix and Gailey had better know something we all don't as I'm not seeing any improvement at either tackle position as of yet.

Yeah...he's been to the pro bowl a few times, but we managed to sign a guy from Oakland who is a penalty machine, and look how Oakland did with him at tackle!

Nix and Gailey had better know something we all don't as I'm not seeing any improvement at either tackle position as of yet.

So? He is a walking holding machine and past his prime. Are you seriously thinking JJ would dump a player that could help them get to a superbowl esp at the LT position?

Nix and Gailey know exactly what they are doing and arne't going to sign washed up POS's that have a name just to appease the fanbase. We have done that for 10 years now and have fielded a losing team.

So? He is a walking holding machine and past his prime. Are you seriously thinking JJ would dump a player that could help them get to a superbowl esp at the LT position?

Nix and Gailey know exactly what they are doing and arne't going to sign washed up POS's that have a name just to appease the fanbase. We have done that for 10 years now and have fielded a losing team.

Ahhh...now I understand why the Pittsburgh Steelers have been such a lousy franchise. Why would they sign a walking holding machine. Come to think of it..why would they put him in the pro bowl all of those years? We don't seem to have a problem with penalty prone tackles from Oakland.

Is there some rule that once you make a pro Bowl you never suck ever again? If this guy was so great why did the Cowboys dump him. I'm just saying there comes a point where you're actually better off developing your own younger players than constantly diving in other teams dumpsters looking for a gem.

PTR

On the other hand, we haven't given up any sacks yet.

Give the kids a chance.

I'm not a big fan of the tackle situation here, but ...

Flozell is just not a good fit for a rebuilding team. Just when we got decent, he'd retire. Better to make sure this year that we absolutely need someone and draft one high, or trade for or pick up a YOUNG free agent. Flozell was just too old for this young team.

It's not a surprise that he goes to a contending team, a team which needs an LT right now and can go deep into the playoffs this year.

Ahhh...now I understand why the Pittsburgh Steelers have been such a lousy franchise. Why would they sign a walking holding machine. Come to think of it..why would they put him in the pro bowl all of those years? We don't seem to have a problem with penalty prone tackles from Oakland.

Reuben Brown went to the Pro Bowl every year, and he was a penalty machine.

You do realize one of the main guys in charge of signing Free agents for Pittsburgh is now in charge of the same thing in Buffalo? Hummm ....

On the other hand, we haven't given up any sacks yet.

Give the kids a chance.

46 sacks last year, with the only change being a guy Oakland didn't want. I'd say there's a reasonable change they'll struggle in pass protection this season.

Lets remember that Gailey was on the staff that originally drafted him. If he wanted nothing to do with him now, I trust that judgment.

Jerry Jones and his boys make the call on draft picks in Big D. I don't think Gailey was instantly making choices on 2nd round picks if this is correct, especially in that 1998 was Chan's first year as a HC in the NFL.

I'm not saying Adams is the cure for an OL that will have issues in 2010, but that the team didn't sign Chester Pitts (SEA) and now eschewed another guy who has starting experience to go with guys who are not proven like Bell and Meredith. That's a huge gamble and I think the result of a lower budget. Not to mention draft picks are cheaper than veteran FA's.

We have??

Bledsoe, TO......yep, that's about it.

I don't think Bledsoe or TO were washed up when we signed them. And I think TO will prove that with Cincinnati.

Those are the only two "fan pleasing" FA's brought in over the past 10 years I could think of. Not sure what Darth is talking about.