Trouble Brewing for Patriots?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welker might have passed his medical but he is on the sidelines.the pats cant risk a re-injury to him.living in NH i get to hear a lot about it.he might even start on pup list.hopefully he is on it till game three. no welker no win. :ph34r:

Welker passed his physical and has been activated to practice meaning he's no longer eligible to be placed on PUP from this point on.

Translation: Welker has been deemed ready to go by the Pats.

they still have great coaching and a great offense which will get them a lot of wins. the defense has taken a step back but if welker still has the speed he can move those chains keepin the def off the field. it'll be tough beating the pats but i think with our secondary and the new def line i think we have a chance to split.

they still have great coaching and a great offense which will get them a lot of wins. the defense has taken a step back but if welker still has the speed he can move those chains keepin the def off the field. it'll be tough beating the pats but i think with our secondary and the new def line i think we have a chance to split.

Indeed, the Pats offense will be top 5 in the league and more than good enough to get them into the playoffs. When there, it'll be up to the defense to determine how far they go.

Wes Welker passed his medical, is back on the field practicing, and will be good to go game 1. I think he's superhuman. pumped full of HGH and several other steroid combos.

edited for accuracy

Anyone else notice a theme emerging with the Patriots this week? To wit:

7/29 Tim Graham reports OLB Derrick Burgess is mulling retirement. The Patriots LB corps was weak last year (22nd in sacks). The team already released OLB Adalius Thomas

7/28 OLB Shawn Crable is released. Crable was a 2008 a 3rd-rounder from and failed to live up to expectations, despite ideal measurables for a 3-4 OLB.

7/28 Andy Hart reports on what's left of the Pats' 2008 and 2007 drafts:

2008 - 1st Round - Jerrod Mayo (LB) - Stud

2008 - 2nd Round - Terrence Wheatley (CB) - Fighting for a roster spot

2008 - 3rd Round - Shawn Crable (OLB) - Cut

2008 - 3rd Round - Kevin O'Connell (QB) - Cut

2008 - 4th Round - Jonathan Wilhite (CB) - Sliding down the depth chart

2008 - 5th Round - Matthew Slater (WR) - Special teams player

2007 - 1st Round - Brandon Meriweather (S) - Starter

2007 - 4th-7th Rounds - Kareem Brown, Clint Oldenburg, Justin Rogers, Mike Richardson, Justise Hairston, Corey Hilliard, Oscar Lua, Mike Elgin -- Not much to say about this group.

Now, granted the Patriots have been known for building through free agency, and have used the draft primarily for depth. Still, two draft classes and only two starters? A linebacking corps revealing more and more holes?

Anyone else see us taking advantage of the cracks in the armor?

in my opinion this has part to blame from them constantly trading back in the draft. sure they stock pile picks, but the talent level is not the same.

All those misses by the pats does seem promising for us. Their armor might be getting more brittle by the season. Someday we'll give it one good whack and it'll shatter. Maybe that will be the day Belicheat decides to move on.

The problem is our draft classes have been equally weak....If we had done well in those drafts, then we have a better shot at them now.

They have nothing, except for Brady, Belichek, Moss, a good offensive line, and the refs. So um, we are going to have to take it from them this year.

And an aura on game day. Our coaching staff has been continuing to get out coached every game against them

in my opinion this has part to blame from them constantly trading back in the draft. sure they stock pile picks, but the talent level is not the same.
The talent level in players after the top choices in each draft are almost interchangeable. I mean, once you get done with the first 10 or so players in any 1 draft the rest are almost interchangeable. So, from where the Pats have been picking in the draft the last decade (ie very late in each round) they are not in position to grab blue chippers and, instead, have their work cut out for them trying to find top players. Challenging for any team, even one that functions as well as the Pats do. They simply blew a couple of draft classes.

It looks as though they have remedied things as their last 2 draft classes look chalk full of promising players.

edited for accuracy

I agree 100%, Dan--coming back from an ACL in less than one year is a bit fishy to me. That, plus the history of Rodney being caught with HGH, the fact it can't be tested for, all combined with Galea's documented visits to Boston last August to treat two athletes there, one of them twice (Tommy Boy anyone?) add up to a healthy dose of skepticism of whether Welker's "miracle cure" didn't get some non-League-sanctioned help. That's the problem with cheating--once you do it once, you'll always be suspected of it in the future, pneumonic, so you'll just have to deal with it.....

I agree 100%, Dan--coming back from an ACL in less than one year is a bit fishy to me. That, plus the history of Rodney being caught with HGH, the fact it can't be tested for, all combined with Galea's documented visits to Boston last August to treat two athletes there, one of them twice (Tommy Boy anyone?) add up to a healthy dose of skepticism of whether Welker's "miracle cure" didn't get some non-League-sanctioned help. That's the problem with cheating--once you do it once, you'll always be suspected of it in the future, pneumonic, so you'll just have to deal with it.....

Deal with it? Don't worry bud ..... I won't lose any sleep over it. :devil:

Glad to see that you don't care whether your team cheats to win--typical Pats* fan.....

Not that I can do anything about it anyhow but, believe me, whatever cheating association you, or anyone else, applies to the Pats doesn't bother me in the least. Not when I know that the Pats, and its players, aren't the only team/player that cheat in the NFL.

Anyone else notice a theme emerging with the Patriots this week? To wit:

7/29 Tim Graham reports OLB Derrick Burgess is mulling retirement. The Patriots LB corps was weak last year (22nd in sacks). The team already released OLB Adalius Thomas

7/28 OLB Shawn Crable is released. Crable was a 2008 a 3rd-rounder from and failed to live up to expectations, despite ideal measurables for a 3-4 OLB.

7/28 Andy Hart reports on what's left of the Pats' 2008 and 2007 drafts:

2008 - 1st Round - Jerrod Mayo (LB) - Stud

2008 - 2nd Round - Terrence Wheatley (CB) - Fighting for a roster spot

2008 - 3rd Round - Shawn Crable (OLB) - Cut

2008 - 3rd Round - Kevin O'Connell (QB) - Cut

2008 - 4th Round - Jonathan Wilhite (CB) - Sliding down the depth chart

2008 - 5th Round - Matthew Slater (WR) - Special teams player

2007 - 1st Round - Brandon Meriweather (S) - Starter

2007 - 4th-7th Rounds - Kareem Brown, Clint Oldenburg, Justin Rogers, Mike Richardson, Justise Hairston, Corey Hilliard, Oscar Lua, Mike Elgin -- Not much to say about this group.

Now, granted the Patriots have been known for building through free agency, and have used the draft primarily for depth. Still, two draft classes and only two starters? A linebacking corps revealing more and more holes?

Anyone else see us taking advantage of the cracks in the armor?

In the near future, yes. This year, not so much.

I have really loved seeing them draft poorly, though, really loved it.

Not that I can do anything about it anyhow but, believe me, whatever cheating association you, or anyone else, applies to the Pats doesn't bother me in the least. Not when I know that the Pats, and its players, aren't the only team/player that cheat in the NFL.

That's some pretty good rationale you got there:

"Yes my team cheats, but they aren't the only team that cheats."

So, that helps you feel better about rooting for a cheating team?

That's some pretty good rationale you got there:

"Yes my team cheats, but they aren't the only team that cheats."

So, that helps you feel better about rooting for a cheating team?

All teams cheat so the Pats are no different in this respect. They just happened to get caught filming video from too close a distance. BFD, next time do it at an allowable distance like all the other teams do!

As for me rooting for a cheating team ....... i'd not have a favourite team if I had to pick a team that didn't cheat.

All teams cheat

Any evidence to support that warped view?

Cheaters usually assume others cheat, liars assume everyone is lying, thieves regularly suspect others of stealing, etc.

Any evidence to support that warped view?

As a simple example of what's been going on since the dawn of football. From a stealing other teams signals like the Pats did ...... teams cheat weekly out on the field when they try and steal the other teams calls, audibles, etc. Whether it be the players out on the field, the coaches on the sidelines, the scouts up in the stands. They all do it!

Further, if you don't believe every team has a steroid/HGH user in its midst then ...... what can I say.