Tebow 5 years / $33 M - $8.7 M guaranteed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5421298

Seems like alot of money for the slot he was selected in. They say 18.5% more than Vontae Davis taken in the same slot last season.

Normally QBs taken in the earlier parts of the draft receive somewhat higher contracts than would have been the case, had they played any other position. If (for example) the 10th guy picked is a QB, he'll get more money than #9 or #11.

Here is how it has broken down so far:

Rolando McClain is the 8th pick and signed for 5 years 40 mil (23 guaranteed)

Tim Tebow is the 25th pick and agreed to terms for 5 years 33 mil (8.7 guaranteed)

Sean Witherspoon is the 19th pick and signed for 5 years 17.5 mil (10.5 guaranteed)

Devin McCourty is the 27th pick and signed 5 years 13.2 mil (7.825 guaranteed)

Jared Odrick is the 28th pick and agreed to terms for 5 years 13.07 mil (7.13 guaranteed)

Dez Bryant is the 24th pick and signed for 5 years 11.8 mil (8.3 guaranteed)

So Tebow was picked 17 spots after McClain but is making only 7 million less, but was 6 spots after Witherspoon and is making nearly 16 million more. Also McCourty & Odrick are going to make more than Bryant even though they were picked lower. :flirt:

Here is how it has broken down so far:

Rolando McClain is the 8th pick and signed for 5 years 40 mil (23 guaranteed)

Tim Tebow is the 25th pick and agreed to terms for 5 years 33 mil (8.7 guaranteed)

Sean Witherspoon is the 19th pick and signed for 5 years 17.5 mil (10.5 guaranteed)

Devin McCourty is the 27th pick and signed 5 years 13.2 mil (7.825 guaranteed)

Jared Odrick is the 28th pick and agreed to terms for 5 years 13.07 mil (7.13 guaranteed)

Dez Bryant is the 24th pick and signed for 5 years 11.8 mil (8.3 guaranteed)

So Tebow was picked 17 spots after McClain but is making only 7 million less, but was 6 spots after Witherspoon and is making nearly 16 million more. Also McCourty & Odrick are going to make more than Bryant even though they were picked lower. :flirt:

Which of those signed so far do you think will be the biggest bargain?

I say Bryant.

I am so glad that the Bills didn't draft Tebow. All indications are they wanted him badly and were beaten to the punch. Of course no one in the FO is going to admit this. I for one believe they were going to trade up and get him based on everything I read and heard.

I believe Gailey thought he could make this kid into a winner.

Now we will see what Josh Mcdaniels can do......