Those Were Some Sweet Uniforms

WotAGuy

Not so, they were 9-5, 9-5 (playoffs) and then started 4-0 that year, and looked like a Super Bowl team that year. That year was an even bigger disappointment than the 08 season. But, they got totally ripped off in the Miami game, and then mailed it in that last game. Easily could have been 10-4.

Maybe it was later 70's. I just recall not being able to beat the friggin' Dolphins all decade. Kind of like the Pats* now.

PTR

Maybe it was later 70's. I just recall not being able to beat the friggin' Dolphins all decade. Kind of like the Pats* now.

PTR

Yeah, they were horrible from 68-72 and then from 76-79 (79 they started turning the corner)......But, they really turned the corner 9/7/80 when they finally beat those friggin Dolphins!........I was at most every one of those Dolphins losses (home games) and there were some real heartbreakers. It wasn't like they blew us out all the time or anything.

Nucci, I'm usually always with you, but I have to disagree here. Then again, I was alive for only the tail-end of the white-helmet era, so I really have no attachment to them.

That's cool. I understand. I just grew up with the whites. I also associate the red helmets with the beginning of the downfall of the '84-'85 seasons when they were changed by Kay because he thought it would help Fergy identify our players easier.

Having said that, the all white unis with red helmets during the Kelly era were sharp.

I absolutely hate the red helmets! They were Joe Ferguson's worst Idea. I do like Joe though!

Old Joe and the light reflecting off the helmets. It was a pretty good excuse at the time, but his aim didn't improve much after they changed to red. He was a pretty good QB with a horrible OL.

Not so, they were 9-5, 9-5 (playoffs) and then started 4-0 that year, and looked like a Super Bowl team that year. That year was an even bigger disappointment than the 08 season. But, they got totally ripped off in the Miami game, and then mailed it in that last game. Easily could have been 10-4.

Which year?

Sweet unis, mediocre teams back in those days.

PTR

Don't agree. There were two teams that wore those uni's that were actually pretty good.

1973-75 - Saban had a few very good teams in his second tenure. He needed to build up the defense but for some reason he quit.

1978- 80 - Knox built an excellent team that had great character and veteran leadership. An injury to Ferguson may have kept them from the Super Bowl.