Trent will be a good QB again

nodnarb

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Nice post. Its hard to argue any point you made here. I really hope youre right, and Trent steps up in a big way.

But, I just dont think he will. I think he just doesnt have the proverbial "IT" from what ive seen. Hes not gutsy, or a gunslinger, or a vocal leader (at least doesnt seem it) and these things are hard to teach. I really hope he does, but my gut tells me we will be drafting a QB in round 1 come April. :beer:

Hmmm, I beg to differ, our glove Wearing Mary was scientifically proven to have a faster read/react time then the fastest gunslinger in the world.

TE's hand speed upon release was clocked at an astonishing 83 mph and this is a football he's throwing folks, not a baseball.

Myself personally, I have always believed TE is a championship caliber QB in the makings,

We just needed the right maker (Chan Gailey)

I will not like it and I would rather whack my junk with a hammer.

Hey, what do I know? Gailey's the coach. We will eventually find out if he knows what he is doing or like the other years somebody else is starting by mid season due to poor performance or injury. I don't really doubt his ability to get the most out of a QB but I do doubt that the most that can be gotten out of Trent is good enough.

darthice will **** on our parade in 3.....2.....1....

Ice is a genuine concern, he hasn't stopped in and ranted yet - do you think his head exploded maybe? And Marshawn Lynch is the third best RB on the roster.

As always, I look at the QB situation this way - Chan and Buddy are in charge, they know a hell of a lot more about the NFL and pro player personnel than I do. Plus, they've actually, you know, been working with the players; I'm going to go with what they say...

I think that Trent can be at *least* a serviceable QB that Chan can use to win while we build. Draft in a year or two if we have to. OR he can be the franchise guy we all hope we can find. Trent was at a pretty big disadvantage the past couple years, might as well give him a year with this staff to see if he's the guy.

None of us know what's going to happen yet, but I'm (as always) excited to see what the season brings!

Let's Go Buffalo!!

Ice is a genuine concern, he hasn't stopped in and ranted yet - do you think his head exploded maybe? And Marshawn Lynch is the third best RB on the roster.

As always, I look at the QB situation this way - Chan and Buddy are in charge, they know a hell of a lot more about the NFL and pro player personnel than I do. Plus, they've actually, you know, been working with the players; I'm going to go with what they say...

I think that Trent can be at *least* a serviceable QB that Chan can use to win while we build. Draft in a year or two if we have to. OR he can be the franchise guy we all hope we can find. Trent was at a pretty big disadvantage the past couple years, might as well give him a year with this staff to see if he's the guy.

None of us know what's going to happen yet, but I'm (as always) excited to see what the season brings!

Let's Go Buffalo!!

i agree.

Anyone get a load of Trent's side burns? Our QBs always seem to have some sort of strange facial hair/head hair. Flutie with the mullet like thing, then RJ with the long hair, then JP with the beard, now Trent's sideburns. Too bad they all stink/will go down as stinkers, besides flutie.

Anyone get a load of Trent's side burns? Our QBs always seem to have some sort of strange facial hair/head hair. Flutie with the mullet like thing, then RJ with the long hair, then JP with the beard, now Trent's sideburns. Too bad they all stink/will go down as stinkers, including Flutie.

Trent has shown NFL-quality talent in streaks - nobody can deny his talent exists.

Our QBs last year, including Trent, had probably the worst-ever combination of OL play/injuries and coaching that any QB has ever had. How some can solidify their opinions of Trent based on last year, is beyond me and wreaks of unknowledgeable, reactionary fandom.

I trust Buddy's and Gailey's judgement and they put Trent in the lead. This was my thought going in.

Glad to see that my white throwback #5 jersey is not irrelevant after just 1 year.

What do I know about anything, but healthy or not, I cannot remember ever thinking that Edwards had potential to be a great qb. I honestly can't think of one game where he showed that sort of potential, outside of maybe that KC game a couple years back that ended that losing streak.

But, that's just me. I hope he improves like hell under Gailey, but I just don't see it.

I think that since this is Chan's first HC job in 11 years, he'll want to make a good impression. I expect him to put the best players we have into the most favorable position to win. If that means Trent is the starter, so be it. I am reserving judgement until the end of September. If we can go 2-2 in that month, I think this team has possibilities.

official mh guaranteed to happen© results likelihood for trent as qb:

5% - franchise level qb

20% - a reliable nfl starter

20% - journeyman second tier starter

30% - career backup

25% - scrapes bottom a few seasons then out of football

Trent Edwards? Honestly? Best of the crap pile I guess. Going to be absolute torture watching this.

I agree. I cannot stand Trent. I wish he was better. But he isn't and unless he comes out this year and plays completely differently than he has so far in his career, I will have a very difficult time watching. But I'll be at every home game praying he grows a pair.

First off, I know, I know...nothing is carved in stone, it's just a pecking order because one has to exist.

But our QB is going to be Trent. Recall how he played when he first started playing for us. Remember how impressive he was. Recall how his teammates were rallying around him, with some saying that he will be in the same discussion with some of the best in the game today. Then he got his noggin bashed in, teams picked the lock of our offense, and our offensive coaches were never able to readjust and catch anybody by surprise anymore.

Last year everyone had had enough of Trent because our offense was just horrid - no matter who pulled the trigger. Trent's regression was due to a colossal failure of COACHING and preparation. Nobody would have fared well with the young, inexperienced line in front of him and a first-time coordinator running a simple bastardization of his own version of Turk's offense, which was his modified version of Fairchild's version of Martz' offense.

Last year was an absolute joke offensively. A desperate HC cuts his LT and OC a week before the games begin and gives the responsibility to a first-year QB coach? And then DOES NOT HIRE A QB COACH to keep an eye on Trent's mechanics. Unbelievable. The only team in the NFL with no QB coach. Read between the lines with the comments Trent made this year comparing last year to this year. It was a horrid operation and no player had a realistic chance to be productive.

We finally have an offensive HC, and a wise one with lots of experience. We might not be a playoff team but we're going to be fun to watch again because we're going to participate in high scoring games and not those 6-3 snoozefests that were a constant exercise in futility.

Trent is going to shine - he'll have his best year this year. Actually, I think any one of these guys would have their best year under Gailey. But Trent will earn back the respect people gave him in his early days.

Besides, when it comes to release, nobody on the roster comes close to Trent. He has an exceptional release and a much better deep arm than he's given credit for.

Betcha

I was a big Edwards fan but he lost me a bit last year. But if you look at Gailey's records with Jay Fiedler, Kordell Stewart, and Tyler Thigpen (a 7th round draft pick), it won't be the craziest thing in the world if Edwards had success.

Anyone who doesn't anknowledge Trent has had some moments as a QB here is just a blind hater. Trent is no more of a question mark than many young QBs in this league. In fact in our division, next to Brady, Trent is the most accomplished. There are no guarantees about Henne or Sanchez. It's be great to see Trent step up.

nodnarb, anyone on this board who doesn't hope you're right can't rightfully claim Bills fandom.

Well said but I still think there are people who will hate on Trent no matter what. For some reason, people get personal feelings towards someone they have never met. It's weird.

Guest dog14787
Trent Edwards? Honestly? Best of the crap pile I guess. Going to be absolute torture watching this.

Brohm and Fitzpatrick are also good QB's both capable of leading the Bills to victory and Fitzpatrick has proven it winning 9 of his last 14 starts in the NFL, numbers like that generally equate to playoffs.

I like all four of our Guys and in my opinion given time the QB position will prove to be one of the deeper positions on the team.

Well said but I still think there are people who will hate on Trent no matter what. For some reason, people get personal feelings towards someone they have never met. It's weird.

I have been truly hoping he plays well just so we get some semblance of stability at the QB position.

I, for one, do not hate Trent. What I do hate is people giving him credit for much more than he has accomplished on the field besides looking 'poised'.

I think TE is a sub par QB. We have had plenty of footage on him and you can make all the excuses you want. He doesn't have the "it" factor, the "swagger", or what ever you want to call it. Not to mention this year the Bills are weak in the OL and WR roster. That's not a good sign for anyone we have under center. I think too many of our fans our expecting too much from coach Gailey. He simply doesn't have the talent.