Trent will be a good QB again

nodnarb

Ahh ! The old adage; "You get what you pay for" ! And we fans are gonna pay ! Thank You Chan; I thought you were going to do the right thing. The rest of the league is laughing in their beer, while we cry in ours. Already looking forward to the next draft. Call me or Stevie Wonder if you need any help with that draft. Geeeeez !!

Trent Edwards = Rob Johnson, part 2 / and of course it's coming to a theater near you.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's training camp day 2. Let's see who is the starter against Miami when the bullets fly for real.

A question for the more knowledgeable here, when does Chan have to announce the starters against Miami? The way things are going, it will be at 1 minute before game time on opening Sunday, and everyone here will have either collapsed from stress, prematurely drank themselves into oblivion, or spontaneously combusted.

Do you all what to know who the true Captain Checkdown is?...It was Jauron.

How many times did Trent say last year, when questioned, I'm just doing what

the coaches tell me to do. And behind an injured, porous Oline, with nothing

resembling an offensive plan and a head coach playing not to lose, they were

telling him get the ball out as fast as you can. There was no time for long plays

to the WRs to develop and the coaches were afraid to call inside slants. And what are you

going to do as the starting QB, disobey the head coach? Well then you'll be riding

the pine.

Yeah

good thing we improved the OL and tackle play so Trent will have time in the pocket to make decisions on where to go with the ball - because he proved conclusively that he takes a damn long time to make any decision other than a dump off 

Do you all what to know who the true Captain Checkdown is?...It was Jauron.

How many times did Trent say last year, when questioned, I'm just doing what

the coaches tell me to do. And behind an injured, porous Oline, with nothing

resembling an offensive plan and a head coach playing not to lose, they were

telling him get the ball out as fast as you can. There was no time for long plays

to the WRs to develop and the coaches were afraid to call inside slants. And what are you

going to do as the starting QB, disobey the head coach? Well then you'll be riding

the pine.

Its tough to have swagger, or be "It" when you're losing, probably questioning

the game planning, not being allowed to show what you can do, not being allowed

to sling it and try to win a game, etc. And if the coaches don't show that confidence in

you, then the team starts to question you to, and frustration sets in.

I'm not saying Trent is going to light it up, or become the next coming, but I bet he'll

look better, be more confident, and take control of the offense better this year because

the coaches and therefore the team will have more confidence in him and he'll be in a

position where he feels like the guys will follow when he leads. You can have all the

swagger in the world, but if no one is following, it means nothing.

Now we just have to hope he makes good decisions, is accurate, and can stay healthy. But

I'm rooting for him (just as I am still rooting for Brohm, Fitz, Brown, and every other guy

on the team).

And Trent's new look made me think of Broadway Joe, the scraggly hair and the sideburns.

Maybe he can steal a little swagger from Namath.

Right! and what exactly did Trent do when Perry took over for limp Dick? That's right he did the ole' checkdown play AGAIN and continued to do it, and then found his arse benched in favor of someone who would throw the damn ball down the field.

TRENT SUCKS!

First off, I know, I know...nothing is carved in stone, it's just a pecking order because one has to exist.

But our QB is going to be Trent. Recall how he played when he first started playing for us. Remember how impressive he was. Recall how his teammates were rallying around him, with some saying that he will be in the same discussion with some of the best in the game today. Then he got his noggin bashed in, teams picked the lock of our offense, and our offensive coaches were never able to readjust and catch anybody by surprise anymore.

Last year everyone had had enough of Trent because our offense was just horrid - no matter who pulled the trigger. Trent's regression was due to a colossal failure of COACHING and preparation. Nobody would have fared well with the young, inexperienced line in front of him and a first-time coordinator running a simple bastardization of his own version of Turk's offense, which was his modified version of Fairchild's version of Martz' offense.

Last year was an absolute joke offensively. A desperate HC cuts his LT and OC a week before the games begin and gives the responsibility to a first-year QB coach? And then DOES NOT HIRE A QB COACH to keep an eye on Trent's mechanics. Unbelievable. The only team in the NFL with no QB coach. Read between the lines with the comments Trent made this year comparing last year to this year. It was a horrid operation and no player had a realistic chance to be productive.

We finally have an offensive HC, and a wise one with lots of experience. We might not be a playoff team but we're going to be fun to watch again because we're going to participate in high scoring games and not those 6-3 snoozefests that were a constant exercise in futility.

Trent is going to shine - he'll have his best year this year. Actually, I think any one of these guys would have their best year under Gailey. But Trent will earn back the respect people gave him in his early days.

Besides, when it comes to release, nobody on the roster comes close to Trent. He has an exceptional release and a much better deep arm than he's given credit for.

Betcha

I like Trent, I really do, but I think his past injury situation, especially the concussions he received means his playing time is short. The NFL has really heightened its message about concussions. If he has another I don't expect to see him back

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MensHealthSpo...ory?id=11289869

First off, I know, I know...nothing is carved in stone, it's just a pecking order because one has to exist.

But our QB is going to be Trent. Recall how he played when he first started playing for us. Remember how impressive he was. Recall how his teammates were rallying around him, with some saying that he will be in the same discussion with some of the best in the game today. Then he got his noggin bashed in, teams picked the lock of our offense, and our offensive coaches were never able to readjust and catch anybody by surprise anymore.

Last year everyone had had enough of Trent because our offense was just horrid - no matter who pulled the trigger. Trent's regression was due to a colossal failure of COACHING and preparation. Nobody would have fared well with the young, inexperienced line in front of him and a first-time coordinator running a simple bastardization of his own version of Turk's offense, which was his modified version of Fairchild's version of Martz' offense.

Last year was an absolute joke offensively. A desperate HC cuts his LT and OC a week before the games begin and gives the responsibility to a first-year QB coach? And then DOES NOT HIRE A QB COACH to keep an eye on Trent's mechanics. Unbelievable. The only team in the NFL with no QB coach. Read between the lines with the comments Trent made this year comparing last year to this year. It was a horrid operation and no player had a realistic chance to be productive.

We finally have an offensive HC, and a wise one with lots of experience. We might not be a playoff team but we're going to be fun to watch again because we're going to participate in high scoring games and not those 6-3 snoozefests that were a constant exercise in futility.

Trent is going to shine - he'll have his best year this year. Actually, I think any one of these guys would have their best year under Gailey. But Trent will earn back the respect people gave him in his early days.

Besides, when it comes to release, nobody on the roster comes close to Trent. He has an exceptional release and a much better deep arm than he's given credit for.

Betcha

Either you are on the payroll or you are drinking the kool aid!

Guest dog14787
I can't see any QB on the roster having much success behind this offensive line.

While the LT position is still a question mark, we do have some good football players on the O-line who are more experienced now with a year under their belts and will be playing in a much better system this season then last.