I'll be In WNY Next Week

Chef Jim

I have heard of the sloan steamer, the dirty depew, and the scajaquada swallow, had a hamburg hummer, an orchard park pull, a sloppy snyder sandwich, a lockport love roll, a cheektowaga double cream, a thru-way threeway, a queen city queef, and a west seneca split, been to two county fairs and an ice cream church social, but I have never had Tonawanda Toast.

Get in touch with The Dean, he'll show you.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your plans? (not asking for stalker level detail)

I'm late getting back to you on this but I just got back from my trip so I'll tell you what I did.

Friday fish fry.......good stuff

Saturday at my sister's beach house on lake Ontario. Lots of sun and beer

Sunday at my dad's in Ellicottville for a jazz festival

Monday Seneca lake for wine tasting (Fox Run, Herman J. Weimer, Red Newt and Standing Stone)

Tuesday Little Feat at Artpark

Wednesday hanging out with friends.

Great week, great weather but now back to the grind.

I'm late getting back to you on this but I just got back from my trip so I'll tell you what I did.

Monday Seneca lake for wine tasting (Fox Run, Herman J. Weimer, Red Newt and Standing Stone)

Now that you're back home, are you open to suggestions?

Two quick questions:

1. Where did you go for the fish fry?

2. How did Feat sound?

Two quick questions:

1. Where did you go for the fish fry?

2. How did Feat sound?

1. Believe it or not the dive known as The Attica Hotel. I'm from that area and when I was back in February I had a FF there for the first time and it was the best one I've had since I the FF I had at my dad's restaurant. And I was not disappointed this time.

2. Feat was good. They did a great Dixie Chicken>Willin'>Don't Bogart That Joint>Dixie Chicken Jam. A great night of free music with my brother and a dear friend who I hadn't spent time with since high school.

And I want to thank you all for your "advice" and allowing me to be the !@#$ that I am. It's just a fun game I like to play here. I'm a planner and the last thing I need when I travel is advice on what to do, just ask my wife. This was a great trip with great weather and someone asked if I'm not a Bills fan why I post here on this board. Well I may bag on Buffalo but the people there are all the !@#$ing best and this trip made me, at times, wish I never moved away, so I love all you guys. Now go !@#$ yourselves.

Well I may bag on Buffalo but the people there are all the !@#$ing best and this trip made me, at times, wish I never moved away, so I love all you guys. Now go !@#$ yourselves.

So ...... we're still on for bowling, right?!?

1. Believe it or not the dive known as The Attica Hotel. I'm from that area and when I was back in February I had a FF there for the first time and it was the best one I've had since I the FF I had at my dad's restaurant. And I was not disappointed this time.

2. Feat was good. They did a great Dixie Chicken>Willin'>Don't Bogart That Joint>Dixie Chicken Jam. A great night of free music with my brother and a dear friend who I hadn't spent time with since high school.

And I want to thank you all for your "advice" and allowing me to be the !@#$ that I am. It's just a fun game I like to play here. I'm a planner and the last thing I need when I travel is advice on what to do, just ask my wife. This was a great trip with great weather and someone asked if I'm not a Bills fan why I post here on this board. Well I may bag on Buffalo but the people there are all the !@#$ing best and this trip made me, at times, wish I never moved away, so I love all you guys. Now go !@#$ yourselves.

I just got back from WNY too, moved to Charlotte 15 years ago. After seeing all of the neglected and rotting homes from West Seneca to the Falls, I was convinced that escaping was the right move.