Troy Smith More than a Backup

PDaDdy

I love how you come off as a complete moron yet get indignant about it. Classic.

You said Smith had experience, yet when we put holes in that, you backpedaled into OTAs and mini-camp 'experience.' And while you didn't say that was "all" you needed, you used it as one of your main points to trade for the guy. Everyone here read it, and now that it's been refuted you're getting insecure. Stop.

I put no holes in anything. It was you and Bills freak who are lacking in reading comprehension and TRIED TO READ TO MUCH INTO IT. Please don't try to twist what I clearly stated so that you have something to rail against. Nice try again buddy but your wrong. People that passed the 8th grade know what I wrote and don't make assumptions to give them something to argue against.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude,

I can not stand reading your posts. You write in a style and tone that is really difficult to read. Do you not have a life that you have to respond a dozen times to what someone else says?? And for god sakes get over Jason Campbell. He sucks. Have you watched him play over the years? He brings nothing to the table. He was horrible in the Bill-Redskins game at Fedex Field in 2007. And is Troy Smith even on an NFL roster? You are grasping at straws. If we get any kind of decent O line play, whoever starts for us will be good enough to get the job done.

If you are going to bore us with your babble in the future, try and discuss something marginally original.

You do realize that these are two way conversations with the "dozen times to what someone else says"???? Apaprently you don't have much of a life as you aren't even a valuable participant you just watch what others type. LOL. Unlike you I don't judge though. People can spend their free time as they like. America and all you know? Good arguments.

You are correct though. I am grasping at straws which is better than the **** we have currently. That is kind of my point. We could bring in competition and quite possibly upgrade the QB position with very little effort. A team committed to winning often tries to upgrade whenever possible.

You're back. Super.

Perhaps again I wasn't clear. Teams in need of a QB as of July 21st? That is the question I posed relevant to what WE can do now. Troy Smith was a real possibility until Marc Bulger was just signed a couple weeks ago.

Yes, and my point was that all these teams needed a QB and not one even showed any substantial interest in Smith.

But you imply Smith is no longer a possibility now that Bulger was signed which doesn't make any sense. No surprise there, of course.

I put know holes in anything. It was you and Bills freak who are lacking in reading comprehension and TRIED TO READ TO MUCH INTO IT. Please don't try to twist what I clearly stated so that you have something to rail against. Nice try again buddy but your wrong. People that passed the 8th grade know what I wrote and don't make assumptions to give them something to argue against.

Whatever you say dude. This isn't the first time you've failed to understand basic logic (remember the J. Peters 'debate'?). Some people here are arrogant. Some are 'mercurial,' I suppose. You've got other problems altogether.

The owners are arrogant successful bastards. They think they are always right until it becomes incredibly painfully obvious that they are wrong.

this, i believe, might apply to one or two posters here, eh?

jw

and why are we revisiting this Troy Smith discussion again. bring back Rob Johnson and that'll settle it.

You're back. Super.

Yes, and my point was that all these teams needed a QB and not one even showed any substantial interest in Smith.

But you imply Smith is no longer a possibility now that Bulger was signed which doesn't make any sense. No surprise there, of course.

Why would a team show interest in a QB that wasn't available when their are other options that are? I'm not saying that Troy Smith is Steve Young sitting behind Joe Montana hear. LOL. And yes I did mistype the original post which you pounced on immediately, soo..."You're back...Super". I have corrected it for clarity. Troy Smith wasn't a real possibility until the Ravens recently signed Marc Bulger.

Whatever you say dude. This isn't the first time you've failed to understand basic logic (remember the J. Peters 'debate'?). Some people here are arrogant. Some are 'mercurial,' I suppose. You've got other problems altogether.

Ah...that sounds like the admission of defeat without admitting defeat. If I don't agree with your point I don't understand basic logic right? I borrowed that one from your personal arsenal. I tell people they get it if they agree with me. Right? That's how you basically introduced yourself to this thread right?

After unsuccessfully trying to put words in my mouth or imply something other than what I actually said and unsuccessfully pulling it off you resort to the usual personal insults which I am obviously not above either. :rolleyes: I have never claimed to not be arrogant on here which isn't a lovable trait. I have only claimed to be correct. Hopefully you won't need counseling or lose sleep due to my arrogance. Arrogant or not ...you have said nothing what so ever to prove me wrong.

I am optimistic for the direction the team is going to be taking under Nix and Gailey but like any other realist I am deeply concerned about the LT and QB position. Our plan at LT is apparently to try to hit the lottery and turn another UDFA or 7th round pick into a probowl LT. Good luck with that. Really, good luck with that. I hope somebody steps up.

Or as Nix/Gailey have stated:

1. Cannot fix everything in one year
  2. 1st and 2nd round draft picks are expected to start immediately
  3. Will not over pay to acquire players

From everything I have seen, the Bills had 2 OT in mind they would have grabbed at the 9th position, if they were available. They were not.

QB is even more or a gamble. I get that they want to give the guys they have a chance in a real system with real coaching but the cupboard looks pretty bare. Even if 1 of the three candidates can step up mentally I am not overly impressed with any of them physically. Brohm is probably the best thing we have from a physical perspective and might have the best of a group of mediocre arms.

Actually, no.

They wanted Bradford. He was gone by the 9th pick.

They tried to acquire a veteran starting QB.

They are going with what they have, because they felt what was available was not necessarily better and/or needed additional development.

The Bills already have projects. Bringing in more projects solves nothing, except for making fans like you happy.

That being said I just can't agree with Nix/Gailey about not bringing another to guy to compete at the QB position. I think we really screwed the pooch on Jason Campbell as he has already in an even worse situation in Washington outperformed the motley crue we have. Troy Smith is another guy that could come in to compete. What is the worst that could happen? He PROVES that he is better than the fodder we have. How could that be a bad thing? His team mates and seem to think that he is more than just a back up.

Actually, none of Troy's team mates are stating Troy "is more than a back up".

The title of the article is "Ed Reed: Troy Smith more than qualified to be a back up".

Or as Reed says: "I honestly think Troy was the guy and is the guy [at the backup spot]. . . ."

Nothing in there stating Smith being a "more than a back up".

If you follow some of the links, Flacco defends both Smith and Beck, saying how well he got along with those two.

He doesn't know how well he'll get along with Bulger, and there might be some tension between them.

If anything, from reading some of the other links, Flacco feels threatened by Bulger's signing.

jw

and why are we revisiting this Troy Smith discussion again. bring back Rob Johnson and that'll settle it.

It does indeed and yes I include myself in that group. Arrogant I may be but honest I also am. That sounded like Yoda. LOL.

So yes the reasons to revisit the Troy Smith thing which is 99% unlikely to happen is that since Bulger has been signed it is actually a possibility that the Ravens could let him go. Ed Reed a tough as nails veteran who has been around Smith for 3 years feels that Troy is more than a back up and was actually bold enough to say that he could lead a team to a championship. I don't know if I agree with that but it is certainly high praise from a guy that knows Smith and football a HELL of a lot better than we do. I guess many on here are arrogant enough to disagree with him from their desk at work.

You may think my opinion is meaningless, which it pretty much is, but this guys carries some weight with me.

jw

Some people just cannot accept the fact the Bills are doing things the Nix/Gailey way, and not their way.

Both have been pretty straight forward with how they want to approach things, and when the Bills go out and do it (just like they said they would), some posters are shocked, and do not understand why the Bills did "that way".

Or as Nix/Gailey have stated:

1. Cannot fix everything in one year
  2. 1st and 2nd round draft picks are expected to start immediately
  3. Will not over pay to acquire players

From everything I have seen, the Bills had 2 OT in mind they would have grabbed at the 9th position, if they were available. They were not.

Actually, no.

They wanted Bradford. He was gone by the 9th pick.

They tried to acquire a veteran starting QB.

They are going with what they have, because they felt what was available was not necessarily better and/or needed additional development.

The Bills already have projects. Bringing in more projects solves nothing, except for making fans like you happy.

Actually, none of Troy's team mates are stating Troy "is more than a back up".

The title of the article is "Ed Reed: Troy Smith more than qualified to be a back up".

Or as Reed says: "I honestly think Troy was the guy and is the guy [at the backup spot]. . . ."

Nothing in there stating Smith being a "more than a back up".

If you follow some of the links, Flacco defends both Smith and Beck, saying how well he got along with those two.

He doesn't know how well he'll get along with Bulger, and there might be some tension between them.

If anything, from reading some of the other links, Flacco feels threatened by Bulger's signing.

Cynical, you may not have read the whole article. His teammates have said EXACTLY that he is more than a backup. "Speaking on 105.7 The Fan, Reed said that Troy Smith would be more than equipped to lead the team to a championship if asked. " Again read the article.

To say a guy can win a championship goes WAY beyond thinking he is a backup. Wanting Bradford means nothing as their was no way he was falling to 9. What is news to me though is what veteran QB did we go after. I missed that news.

Why would a team show interest in a QB that wasn't available when their are other options that are? I'm not saying that Troy Smith is Steve Young sitting behind Joe Montana hear. LOL. And yes I did mistype the original post which you pounced on immediately, soo..."You're back...Super". I have corrected it for clarity. Troy Smith wasn't a real possibility until the Ravens recently signed Marc Bulger.

Yet Troy Smith was making waves long before Bulger was signed, and was speculated to be available before the draft. He even changed agents in March to get it done. Yet there was little-to-no interest in him, as there continues to be.

Ah...that sounds like the admission of defeat without admitting defeat. If I don't agree with your point I don't understand basic logic right? I borrowed that one from your personal arsenal. I tell people they get it if they agree with me. Right? That's how you basically introduced yourself to this thread right?

After unsuccessfully trying to put words in my mouth or imply something other than what I actually said and unsuccessfully pulling it off you resort to the usual personal insults which I am obviously not above either. :rolleyes: I have never claimed to not be arrogant on here which isn't a lovable trait. I have only claimed to be correct. Hopefully you won't need counseling or lose sleep due to my arrogance. Arrogant or not ...you have said nothing what so ever to prove me wrong.

No, that was me trying to wind down this **** show without calling you a !@#$ing moron. Too late, I guess. You obviously think highly of yourself, you think your sly, and you think you can simply reverse what others pickup about you, but it doesn't work. Nothing you're saying is making any sense, and yet you continue...

It's impossible to "prove" that Troy Smith isn't worth trading for. It would also be impossible for you to realize it if it happened.

I am optimistic for the direction the team is going to be taking under Nix and Gailey but like any other realist I am deeply concerned about the LT and QB position. Our plan at LT is apparently to try to hit the lottery and turn another UDFA or 7th round pick into a probowl LT. Good luck with that. Really, good luck with that. I hope somebody steps up.

QB is even more or a gamble. I get that they want to give the guys they have a chance in a real system with real coaching but the cupboard looks pretty bare. Even if 1 of the three candidates can step up mentally I am not overly impressed with any of them physically. Brohm is probably the best thing we have from a physical perspective and might have the best of a group of mediocre arms.

That being said I just can't agree with Nix/Gailey about not bringing another to guy to compete at the QB position. I think we really screwed the pooch on Jason Campbell as he has already in an even worse situation in Washington outperformed the motley crue we have. Troy Smith is another guy that could come in to compete. What is the worst that could happen? He PROVES that he is better than the fodder we have. How could that be a bad thing? His team mates and seem to think that he is more than just a back up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ed-than-bulger/

When does it stop?

Some people just cannot accept the fact the Bills are doing things the Nix/Gailey way, and not their way.

Both have been pretty straight forward with how they want to approach things, and when the Bills go out and do it (just like they said they would), some posters are shocked, and do not understand why the Bills did "that way".

This post nails it. The Trolls just cannot grasp that Nix and Gailey have their plan, they are sticking to it and they cannot get it through their heads that they know a lot less about football than Buddy and Chan do. We are in year one of a rebuild. Deal with it. We're not going to fill all the holes in one year. What the HEll is so hard to understand about that?

Cynical, you may not have read the whole article. His teammates have said EXACTLY that he is more than a backup. "Speaking on 105.7 The Fan, Reed said that Troy Smith would be more than equipped to lead the team to a championship if asked. " Again read the article.

First, it would be teammate (singular), not teammates (plural).

One man, Reed.

To say a guy can win a championship goes WAY beyond thinking he is a backup.

Actually, no it's not. I cannot even begin to count the number of times players on different teams, over the years, have said the very same thing about their back up QB. They all believe their back up QB is capable of leading them to the ultimate goal. If they truly don't believe that, then the team is in big trouble if the starter goes down.

IIRC, during the glory years, even the Bills felt that could win it all under Reich.

And for all we know, Reed and Smith could be close friends on the team, and Reed is just sticking up for Smith.

Wanting Bradford means nothing as their was no way he was falling to 9.

See 1, 2, 3 in my previous post, especially #2.

Don't focus on who he is, but on what he is: a QB.

What is news to me though is what veteran QB did we go after. I missed that news.

McNabb.

Again, don't focus on who he is, but on what he is.

Geezus...how many hopeless threads are going to be started about a QB who we are not going to sign? I mean, this guy showed so little, that Balt drafted Flacco in the first round instead of giving Troy a shot, then this year they had so little confidence in him to lead this team if Flacco went down that they went out and signed an old Bulger who hasnt been good in a while and then cut Troy.

I get a bunch of threads being started for someone like McNabb, who we had interest in and tried to get, but for Troy Smith? This board is hysterical...

Eh the haters will hate I guess. As already stated it is 99% unlikely that Troy Smith will end up in Buffalo I know. The point is Ed Reed believes that he is more than a back up and is capable of leading a team to a champion ship. So to sum up.

Ed Reed, probowl professional football player who has seen Troy Smith every day for all team activities for the past 3+ years says that he is capable.

Buffalo Bills forum members, he sucks he will never be anything and isn't as good as what we have.

Some may call me arrogant but you chose who's opinion you would listen to. Like Leonidas likes to point out about considering the source. Are you going to listen to some nameless, faceless schmuck with his hat on backwards typing away on an internet forum or a professional football player of the highest caliber has worked side by side with and seen the Troy Smith's game from the Safety position for 3+ years?

You decide. *sheesh*

Ah yes, rotating caps automatically invalidate my opinion. OR...you could use your brain and see the merit of my statement. Lazy small minded people focus on insignificant things like that instead of engaging their brains and actually thinking.

Any-who...You are correct. Troy Smith was a 5th round pick so in theory WE WOULD HAVE TO GIVE UP EVEN LESS!!!! Thanks for strengthening my point :rolleyes: If you have been living under a rock Troy Smith has been in the league going on his 4th year. NFL team. NFL training camp. NFL OTAs. NFL locker room. NFL film room and experience in the offense. NFL starts in preseason and regular season. So...ya...NFL experience.

Start using that big brain of your Leonidas, look outside the box and see the big picture.

P.S. Also you apparently have very little insight to the level of arrogance that people at this level posses. It would never be like any of us to never admit they are wrong ;) To be so arrogant as to think that they are always right and it is just a matter of finding the right system and coach to prove that they were right all along and Edwards is a star. You keep thinking that buddy. LOL

We have looked "outside the box" and Troy Smith is not a savior. Heck, at OU, he wasn't even a decent passer for crying out loud. Time to move on.

Troy Smith ???

Really????

This is for real right???

Troy Smith????

I feel confident in saying that all 4 of our fairly inept "stable" of Qb's are better than Troy Smith will ever be.

Where does this stuff come from?

We have looked "outside the box" and Troy Smith is not a savior. Heck, at OU, he wasn't even a decent passer for crying out loud. Time to move on.

Don't remember stating he was a savior. Just that he could easily end up being better than what we have.

Troy Smith Trent Edwards???

Really????

This is for real right???

Troy SmithTrent Edwards????

I feel confident in saying that all 4 of our fairly inept "stable" of Qb's are better than Troy Smith Trent Edwardswill ever be.

Where does this stuff come from?

FIXED! LOL