Chris Ellis and John McCargo

Not gonna lie. I used to defend the hell out of McCargo. Very disappointing because I thought he showed flashes in 2007. Never saw a thing out of Ellis. I expect nothing out of either but I guess I would have higher hopes for Ellis. At least, he hasn't completely let me down since i never believed in him in the 1st place.

Not gonna lie. I used to defend the hell out of McCargo. Very disappointing because I thought he showed flashes in 2007. Never say a thing out of Ellis. I expect nothing out of either but I guess I would have high hopes for Ellis. At least, he hasn't completely let me down since i never believe in him in the 1st place.

I had hopes for McCargo as well as a 3 technique DT. Maybe his back is worse than anyone knows.

ellis is very much like maybin, he's better suited at OLb NOT DE, so maybe he gets a stay of execution, but mccargo should be booted on day one of camp, no questions asked.

Agreed. Plus look at the OLB competition:

Schobel - probably retiring

Kelsay - will be slowest OLB in the history of pro football

Batten - rookie from small college program

Moats - same, plus more of an ILB

Torbor - seems more of the solid backup type than a legit NFL starter

Ellison - :angry:

Manalac - who?

Coleman - undrafted rookie, though I've read promising things about him on this board

Harris - converted safety, undersized, no known pass rushing skills

Mitchell - health concerns, more of a 3-4 ILB

Sorry folks, but we may be looking at a Maybin-Ellis starting OLB duo in September :angry: .

Batten - rookie from small college programP

Manalac - who?

Coleman - undrafted rookie, though I've read promising things about him on this board

Sorry folks, but we may be looking at a Maybin-Ellis starting OLB duo in September :angry: .

Above is pretty much on target. Can't see Kelsay as OLB unless they are playing a hybrid and not true 3-4. Let's hope Batten is for real and Ellis pans out. The player I feel badly about is Harris. He's tough and good for a hard stick and sure tackle. Seems undersized for a 3-4.

Batten - rookie from small college program

Manalac - who?

hey hey hey, wtf is wrong with you, you are killing my appetite right before breakfast!

bryce paup was pretty slow too.

He would take 2nd place. Any Bills fan that had the privilege(?) to see Chad Pennington make like Barry Sanders and leave Eddie Robinson on the ground in the 2002 game will recall the slowest LB in Bills history. I look back at our 2001-2003 rosters and wonder when Cobb's team planted the ticket purchase idea in my mind?

Anyone heard anything about these high draft pick busts? My guess is both are in the first round of cuts especially if Schobel returns. Anyone heard anything good about either from the OTA's?

McCargo has 4 lousy years in so far. That's enough, I'd dump him. Ellis - he deserves some time.

Eddie Robinson says otherwise. :lol:

I know the "Pennington Two-Step" was a few years ago now... but CMON!

Eddie Robinson was actually an OLB, although he had, ahem, lost a few steps by that time.

This year we have a bunch of guys that have played DE being asked to switch to OLB.

I don't know about anyone else, but if the underneath pass defense is anything more than all out suckitude, I'll be happily surprised.

For his draft pick, Ellis has been horrific.

McCargo was a tremendous reach at the time, because he played on a defensive line that had other all-stars on it. McCargo was good by association.

Sad, but true.

And to think that boner Donahoe traded up into the 1st round to take him.

For his draft pick, Ellis has been horrific.

McCargo was a tremendous reach at the time, because he played on a defensive line that had other all-stars on it. McCargo was good by association.

Sad, but true.

And to think that boner Donahoe traded up into the 1st round to take him.

Marv drafted McCargo

Anyone heard anything about these high draft pick busts? My guess is both are in the first round of cuts especially if Schobel returns. Anyone heard anything good about either from the OTA's?

:lol: With or without Schobel McCargo just doesn't seem to have anything that will keep him on a NFL roster. It might be the back but whatever the reason he has only played with motivation for a few series ever since he arrived in Buffalo. He is definitely a TOP FIVE #1 Pick Bust.

I actually think that Ellis has a chance to make it through a few cutdowns if he comes to camp in shape and ready to play.

MaCargo drafted by marv in the year of the reach;

and with the 8th pick the Buffalo Bills select Donte Wilnot sorry whitner.

Want to laugh go back and look at the players they oassed on at 8, second thaught don't you will cry!!!

I am not sure about Kelsey being the slowest OLB in the league, I did a quick check of his 40 time

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...ayers/2573.html

This draft grade in interesting, read what they say

or just read this...the analysis is the most interesting part, oh and his 40 time was 4.71...Calvin Pace was 4.75 Lance Briggs was 4.74

POSITIVES: Explosive and athletic pass rusher who may be best standing up over tackle. Tough but also smart and plays an intelligent brand of football. Quick anticipating the action, disciplined and stays with his assignments. Gets off the ball with a good first step, keeps his pads low and feet driving up the field. Immediately alters his angle of attack, flatens and pursues from the backside displaying great range with the ability to make plays in any direction of the field. Effective off the line playing in space and quickly closes on the action with a burst of closing speed. Fast enough to beat ball carriers to the flanks or cut off the corners from running backs. Works hard to rush the passer, deceptively strong and defeats two blockers on his way up the field. A warrior who plays while injured.

NEGATIVES: Lacks bulk and has difficulty with big blockers. Though he held up against the run in college, may not be able to do so at the next level.

ANALYSIS: Kelsay's athleticism and tenacity, coupled with his football intellect gives him the possibility at a variety of positions. Could grow into an every down defensive end in a four-three alignment but his movement skills and ability to immediately redirect to the action gives him a lot of potential at outside linebacker in a 34 defense.