I Think

Why don't they?

kind of funny!

They do! Well, we want them to.

But I do think that they are being overhyped are over confident.

The Bills will be better this year, flying way under the radar until the season gets going. Whichever team's quarterback --Bills or Jets-- has the better year will have the better record. I'll have my money on Trent and the Bills, as I think the Jets are in for a letdown this year, need another year for Sanchez to grow and for the team (and coach) to mature.

The Bills will be better this year.

kind of funny!

The Bills will be better this year, flying way under the radar until the season gets going. Whichever team's quarterback --Bills or Jets-- has the better year will have the better record. I'll have my money on Trent and the Bills, as I think the Jets are in for a letdown this year, need another year for Sanchez to grow and for the team (and coach) to mature.

Why would their team go backwards from last year? More time to mature?

kind of funny!

I said last year at this time that "we better do it in '09 before Sanchez matures & before Brady gets back in form." Of course, we didn't. I think Sanchez & Ryan are the real deal. We can only hope that CHIX is the real deal as well. Even if they are, I see us 3rd or 4th in the division this yr. I sure hope you're right & I'm wrong. Time will tell.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

S-U-C-K SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!

IMO, the Jets are built to be a short-term winner. I can see them having a 2-3 year window of possibly winning the superbowl, then lose some players to FA and go through some rebuilding.

LMAO!!! That never gets old!

I agree with your assessment of the Jets. With Sanchez, I'm not sold on the guy yet, I'm interested in seeing how he does this year.

Why does everyone forget that the Jets backed into the playoffs when the stars all lined up the right way and the Colts tanked against them? Meanwhile they cut their leading rusher (Jones) in favor of moody and deteriorating LT; this reminds me of when OJ played out the string with the 49ers at the end. Their defense will be good (with two games a year vs.the Bills, its stats SHOULD be good) but they should starting getting burned for excessive blitzing when Cromartie turns back into -- well, Cromartie.

Rex Ryan gave a press conference after they lost 10-7 to Atlanta at home, falling to 7-7, and conceded that it was a decent season, and they're unhappy that they blew a chance at the postseason, but that there was a lot to be proud of.

Then, they got to play two games against teams who were laying down, Indy and Cincy, who barely played their starters, and the Jets got to 9-7 and earned a great matchup at Cincy in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Couple that with a nice win over SD in rd 2 and suddenly they jump from out of the playoffs to in the AFC championship game.

I'm not sold on the Jets either, I think Sanchez can be good, but we'll see. He progressed and regressed several times last season. It really will be up to him, they have the other pieces in place. But if they get off to a rocky start, it's a roster with a lot of questionable characters, who knows what could happen. On the other hand, if they get off to a hot start, they could roll to a division title, as the 1st half of their schedule (Balt, NE, @Mia, @Buf, Min, @Den, GB are 1st 7 games) is much tougher than the 2nd half of the schedule (@Det, @Cle, Hou, Cin, @NE, Mia, @Pitts, @Chi, Buf)

I do like Rex Ryan, I think the NFL needs more guys like him...I'd take his juvenile, honest, trash-talk press conferences over Belichick's monotone any day.

Rex Ryan gave a press conference after they lost 10-7 to Atlanta at home, falling to 7-7, and conceded that it was a decent season, and they're unhappy that they blew a chance at the postseason, but that there was a lot to be proud of.

Then, they got to play two games against teams who were laying down, Indy and Cincy, who barely played their starters, and the Jets got to 9-7 and earned a great matchup at Cincy in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Couple that with a nice win over SD in rd 2 and suddenly they jump from out of the playoffs to in the AFC championship game.

I'm not sold on the Jets either, I think Sanchez can be good, but we'll see. He progressed and regressed several times last season. It really will be up to him, they have the other pieces in place. But if they get off to a rocky start, it's a roster with a lot of questionable characters, who knows what could happen.

I do like Rex Ryan, I think the NFL needs more guys like him...I'd take his juvenile, honest, trash-talk press conferences over Belichick's monotone any day.

+ 1 except I'm really skeptical of Sanchez. There's nothing special about his arm and he's surprisingly short. He's not Drew Brees.

+ 1 except I'm really skeptical of Sanchez. There's nothing special about his arm and he's surprisingly short. He's not Drew Brees.

The only thing that really impressed me about him was his 3rd down conversions. On 3rd & 8, he'd throw a pass (usually to the tight end Keller) for 9 or more yards. Nothing is worse than watching a QB (like our buddy Trent) throw the 4-yard dump off on 3rd & 8.

Other than that, he showed solid arm strength, but certainly not cannon. He showed he could be quite boneheaded at times, which wasn't a huge surprise, considering he really only started one season at USC and then was a starting NFL QB in a tough division in a tough media market. The boneheaded plays can be solved with experience, which is why I think he has a chance to be good, especially with the help they've surrounded him with.

Why would their team go backwards from last year? More time to mature?

Because they're the Jets and 2007 is still fresh in everyone's mind. Not to mention they'd need to make the SB in order to progress, and that ain't happening.

I think when QB's start their rookie season they tend to show a lot of promise and do well. Then the 2nd season comes around and teams have more tape on them (especially division rivals) and DC's figure out their tendencies. I think he will struggle a bit in his sophomore season and throw more INTs. I still expect them to make the playoffs but they wont make another run to the AFC championship game. I think we will split with the Jets this year. We win one at home in a defensive battle with either Byrdman or Leodis coming up with multiple INT's on Mark "Sanchize"....

Da Bills

Why do I want to punch some guy on the internet just because he is one of millions of jets fans?

Because they are all scum, thats why.

Rex, I will definitely !@#$ you up.

It is going to be agony when you are solidly beaten by the Bills twice, the team picked by absolutely nobody to be good. We will beat you so badly that you will thank us for making providing you with the virtue of humility. I dont even feel anger toward jest fans. I feel pity. I am embarrassed for the human race that New Jersey exists at all, never mind has a football team to flaunt its classless mediocrity.

The Jets are so overrated people forget that while their D is killer (Although a little shallow on the front 7) their QB is one that isn't a championship QB. Also questions about their RB's (Tomlinson is old, Greene might not hold up over a season, and the rest of their RB's are unproven) and O-line (Rookie at LG) factor into some concerns for the Jets.