Jesse Jackson strikes again (link provided)

as someone who loves and routinely spends time with black folks i have to say this is outrageous and completely unacceptable comments by reverend jackson. he should immediately apologize to Gilbert, to white folks, to black folks, and to the international community for injecting such racist hyperbole into a situation that has no basis for it

youre not helping the cause brother jackson. i feel bad because i thought you had progressed nicely over the years but this is simply a case of doing some serious living in the past. you have seriously overreached and you are setting a terrible example regarding how we should be processing such situations

shame on you. retract these comments immediately

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be really really bad of me to say. I have black friends who i haven't asked this question of. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone but I've been curious of something for quite a while. Just asking for an honest and sincere response.

Why do some people say aks? or akx? when they really mean ask?

I mean, it's not that hard to pronounce. Just like saying nuclear instead of nukuler.

It's code talk for wanting to chop the head off (as in axe) of all ignorant jackasses!!! LOL

What I said was purely in jest. I live in the South and I hear the funniest things down here. There are a bunch of people down here who believe that Obama would cause many minorities to feel more respected. In some cases, they should. What his race did was gain him support in some minorities and opposition among some conservatives. It is sad that in this day race is stil an issue. Racism is not a black issue. It's a human issue that crosses all ethnicities.

There is a point in what Jackson said and LeBron was stupid enough to say what he is doing is a job. LeBron is paid millions for what he does and that means nothing. Money is not happiness. Anyone who wakes up and thinks of their responsibility to provide for themselves and their families through a career as just a "job" should consider changing what they do. If LeBron wakes up every morning and dreads goign to work than he should not wake up and continue to do what he is doing. On the flipside I would not call the hate and fear preachings of Jackson a job. The man is a dangerous lunatic, which is just as much as many commentators are.

For those that were offended by what I said, tough beans. For those that think I am a racist, I'm not. For those that see the world for what it is than you'll see my points and the humor in what I previously said.

I'm sure we all have opinions on various politicians. I support anyone who upholds the constitution. Upholding the Constitution to me matters more than any party a politician belongs too. And yes Jackson is a good speaker.

I hate politics. I don't like talking about it. But i can respect it when a man can orate.

I'm not in any way advocating any party. Just as long as the Constitution is always upheld and never messed with.

And i think it's been messed with by more than one party.

Ok back to football. Sorry about that.

Amen to that.

What I said was purely in jest. I live in the South and I hear the funniest things down here. There are a bunch of people down here who believe that Obama would cause many minorities to feel more respected. In some cases, they should. What his race did was gain him support in some minorities and opposition among some conservatives. It is sad that in this day race is stil an issue. Racism is not a black issue. It's a human issue that crosses all ethnicities.

There is a point in what Jackson said and LeBron was stupid enough to say what he is doing is a job. LeBron is paid millions for what he does and that means nothing. Money is not happiness. Anyone who wakes up and thinks of their responsibility to provide for themselves and their families through a career as just a "job" should consider changing what they do. If LeBron wakes up every morning and dreads goign to work than he should not wake up and continue to do what he is doing. On the flipside I would not call the hate and fear preachings of Jackson a job. The man is a dangerous lunatic, which is just as much as many commentators are.

For those that were offended by what I said, tough beans. For those that think I am a racist, I'm not. For those that see the world for what it is than you'll see my points and the humor in what I previously said.

I don't think you're a racist. I just couldn't make much of what you said before cause i'm on my 4th beer. I'm glad you clarified it tho.

This might be really really bad of me to say. I have black friends who i haven't asked this question of. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone but I've been curious of something for quite a while. Just asking for an honest and sincere response.

Why do some people say aks? or akx? when they really mean ask?

I mean, it's not that hard to pronounce. Just like saying nuclear instead of nukuler.

been covered

Thanks for the link Jim. I didn't realize it had already been covered. Still reading the thread and what a long one it is too. And finally someone brought up "irregardless" and "regardless" too. lol. about time. :rolleyes: It's really interesting reading.

F*ck Jesse Jackson.

He is, however, an excellent rhetorician and a classically trained orator, in possession of all the talents we wrongly impute our current president/turd with.

It's a talent you have being offensive in even the most benign posts. Not many can do it so consistently.

Anyone who thinks President Obama isn't a truly excellent rhetorician and orator has let hate seriously twist his views, to the point of not really seeing reality anymore. There are plenty of excellent orators on both sides of the aisle. The President is one of the best.

when did he ever have a good day?

His best day was when, after a career of race baiting and selling himself as the leader of "Black America" he got caught on tape saying he wanted to cut the balls off the guy who a few months later would become the first black President. How much pull you think he has in the WH now?

Oh the long lonely road back to relevance.

It's a talent you have being offensive in even the most benign posts. Not many can do it so consistently.

Anyone who thinks President Obama isn't a truly excellent rhetorician and orator has let hate seriously twist his views, to the point of not really seeing reality anymore. There are plenty of excellent orators on both sides of the aisle. The President is one of the best.

Too bad that's ALL he's good at doing. Outside of deception and chicanery. :thumbsup:

For Jackson to imply that Dan Gilbert is a racist is wrong- he should have implied that Dan Gilbert is a butt-hurt little cry baby whiner. Remind me of the company executives who fire anyone for any reason and then write butt-hurt articles decrying the lack of worker loyalty.

For Jackson to imply that Dan Gilbert is a racist is wrong- he should have implied that Dan Gilbert is a butt-hurt little cry baby whiner. Remind me of the company executives who fire anyone for any reason and then write butt-hurt articles decrying the lack of worker loyalty.

I agree. IMO, it is more the way LB went about it. LB played by the rules, still he did it classless and IMO his brand suffers. I don't think DG would be crying if LB just gave him a heads-ups and some courtesy. DG has been painted into a corner and he came out swinging wildly, telling all. It makes for great entertainment when these sport's schmucks eat their own. Let's bring the popcorn and get it on! Right now I am in DG's camp... Hope the swings go around and around. I want to see everybody in this situation tore down a peg... It is the only thing the fans got going. Lebron took a lot less, stuck it to his fellow NBA player's earning potential... Will the fans get lower ticket prices and merchandise? :thumbsup: This is the only thing we fans have in our court!

So, you are relating racism to "some conservatives"?

His best day was when, after a career of race baiting and selling himself as the leader of "Black America" he got caught on tape saying he wanted to cut the balls off the guy who a few months later would become the first black President. How much pull you think he has in the WH now?

Oh the long lonely road back to relevance.

Jesse's on a roll. Duke Lacrosse and then this? Did he speak up along with the NAACP about the Hallmark card that mentioned black ho(le)s? I do feel bad that he really doesn't get much press anymore. :thumbsup:

Obama is not a good speaker. He is cloying and cliche, mixes metaphors, butchers traditional phrases, has a small vocabulary, and is long-winded. He stutters and stumbles, pauses and buys time, and uses a preacher's cadence and crescendo on points mundane as well as inspiring. He clearly is not a trained public speaker. There are very few good speakers in congress. Almost to a person, they are awesomely poor at it. Should you doubt it, view the one minute speeches when a session opens on c-span.

Jesse Jackson, however, is able to organize his thoughts. He lays out his points, refutes possible objections and ties it all in with a sweeping restatement of the main idea, like you are supposed to. He thinks quickly on his feet. He is a deeply corrupt man, but his breeding shows what is in our president exposed.

You have inspired me to write a poem about our president's fabled talents:

It is always tempting to impute

unlikely virtues to the cute

but when all has been said and all have been heard

It all smells like a giant turd.

He clearly is not a trained public speaker.

Is he a trained pianist, at least?

And 3rdnlng, I was not saying that all conservatives are racist, or even most. I am just saying that I have found that there a racist is more likely to be a conservative than a liberal. Conservative and Liberal are not the real definitions of Republican or Democrat. In the South you will find many older folks who are Democrats yet are as conservative as they come...and still racist.

Jesse Jackson once again proves his stupidity. I saw the headline on SI.com this morning and had to click on it. How can good old Jesse spin this into a racial thing? I think the Cavs owner is fuming mad because he realizes that his team's franchise value just dropped a few $100 million dollars. Comparing professional sports owners to slave owners is ludicrious. Who wouldn't want to be a "million dollar slave"? This wasn't just a "Employee - Employer" thing. Gilbert probably viewed LeBron as part of his family, the Cavs family. I thought the player/slave card was tired when professional athletes play it but this schmuck needs to stir it up. I hope someone calls Jesse on this and he has to issue a public apology for this trash. Could Gilbert sue Jackson for deformation?

I am tired of Jesse spouting off at the mouth. What good things has Jesse Jackson done in the community lately? How about he starts putting his money where his mouth is and start donating some of his money that he has earned profiting off the plight of others into the community. He just swoops in whenever it is convenient. What a vulture.