JaMarcus Russell arrested for possession of a controlled substance...

boyst

Lots of players get hooked when they take them for injuries. Then it's just a lifestyle, because these guys are basically injured for the rest of their lives. It's no excuse for his poor play though, many good/great players have the same problem. Bret Favre comes to mind. It's way more common than the NFL wants the fans to know.

Coaches too--ask Sean Payton.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The key difference here is that JaMarcus wasn't hooked on painkillers, an addiction brought on by the treatment of the excessive pain of playing football, but was busted with a recreational drug that people use to get high.

I don't know that much about purple drank, but my sense is that it's not something you use to recover from a torn ACL, or the chronic muscle and joint pain that football players suffer from, and treat with strong drugs.

I can't be sure of his motivations, but it will certainly kill the pain.

Not all that different. They both fall into the class of a narcotic. Just different narcotics...

Percocet is a synthetic derivative of morphine I believe. Was on it for a couple of months after hip surgery. Really enjoyed being sick. Problem is the withdrawal symptoms. Not worth the ride. Wonder how ballplayers deal with it. Just take more Percocet I guess. Not a great decision IMO. JR is pathetic.

Purple Drank makes you fat, LOL.

Russell posted bail after police arrested him for allegedly possessing the illegal drug codeine. Codeine is used to produce a beverage called "purple drank" that is dangerous and can lead to weight gain.

Actually, they would be smokin and jokin on peach street.

So, would drinking some purple dank on Peach Street be considered a "Fruit Belt"?

So, would drinking some purple dank on Peach Street be considered a "Fruit Belt"?

purple dRank. as in drink, drank, drunk. also known as lean, sizzurp (syrup), or just drank.

now, there is such a thing as purple dank, which i think you and i would be more interested in. but the syrup is purple drank.

purple dRank. as in drink, drank, drunk. also known as lean, sizzurp (syrup), or just drank.

now, there is such a thing as purple dank, which i think you and i would be more interested in. but the syrup is purple drank.

Ahh. thanks for the correction.

no worries, would just hate to see you place a "wrong order" and end up with something you didnt want :thumbsup:

Yup. I got ya. Of course, I'd probably prefer whatever I would get had I ordered "purple dank".

seriously i dont blame jamarcus for gettin high you have to be numb to watch any raiders games....honestly us bills fans could really try it every sunday.... it might be a fun 2010-2011 season

haaa

since theres nothing but senseless chatter in the offseason.....does anyone remember travis henry? remember when he played a full game on a broken leg.....

Why do they bother mixing in Sprite and all kinds of other sweet stuff. Why not just drink the cough syrup?.......Although, either way, it's a losing proposition

same reason people mix sprite and other mixers with booze.

so girls drink it.