Chris Simms Stoner

I once drove my car through a youth soccer practice on heroin, adderall, flexerall, neurontin, and most of a fifth of cheap vodka mixed with grape pop. I distinctly remember thinking I was doing the right thing.

He admitted to smoking it.

On another note - how stupid is his wife? If she was sober why didn't she drive?

Allegedly admitted to it, actually. The prosecutor said he admitted to the cops he did.

Granted, yes, you're probably right, he most likely said it, and is now backtracking to help strengthen his case.

I once drove my car through a youth soccer practice on heroin, adderall, flexerall, neurontin, and most of a fifth of cheap vodka mixed with grape pop. I distinctly remember thinking I was doing the right thing.

Maybe next time you can drive off a cliff? :rolleyes:

Oh no an NFL player smoked some weed. My goodness stop the presses there is a scoop to be had here. Not.

I always find myself bemused at all the self-righteous who criticize NFL players for smoking weed then they sit down and polish of a case of Labatts. Get over it, nothing to see here.

Why someone would risk millions of dollars to smoke pot is beyond me. There will be plenty of time to get high after your career is over, dumbass.

Smoking weed is not a big deal, so there's really no reason to risk your career over it.

People who drive high are extra paranoid, so they are extra careful. That is unless they are eating a sandwich while they are driving because they are so hungry.

It was me, and it showed that high drivers were just as able to avoid collisions as sober people, but they slowed down to do it. Driving while stoned is still far more dangerous than sober, however.

Hossage, Shut up dude. You're not funny. Its people like you that give decent smokers a bad rep.

I wasnt high on weed when I did that. I dont see what that has to do with smokers.

Didn't someone post an article recently that a study showed stoned drivers were safer then sober drivers?

Not sure about that, but sober drivers can also be stoned drivers.

The threshold for pot is very small. something like 4 ml/litre or something strange (the .08 for weed). A guy who is a regular can apparently be pot free for almost 2 weeks, and if tested, still test positive for a THC level that would get him a DUI. Someone who never smokes, their system clears in two or three days I think.

Not sure about that, but sober drivers can also be stoned drivers.

The threshold for pot is very small. something like 4 ml/litre or something strange (the .08 for weed). A guy who is a regular can apparently be pot free for almost 2 weeks, and if tested, still test positive for a THC level that would get him a DUI. Someone who never smokes, their system clears in two or three days I think.

There is no presumptive impairment level with drug impairment cases like there is with alcohol impairment cases. Drug impairment is harder to prove - mainly for this reason. Sure, his urine (assuming they got a urine sample) may come back with THC in it. But, the officer(s) still has to tie any impairment observed at the scene with the evidence of cannabis consumption. Many symptoms of THC impairment are similar to alcohol impairment, but a lot are different as well. And, yes, slurred and mumbling speech is a symptom of THC impairment. Either way, it should be an interesting case to follow - and it will surely be a tough one for the prosecution to prove.

But what this clearly depicts is how weak the NFL drug testing program is. First, Chris Sims is not the only NFL player that smokes pot. And I would venture a guess he is a heavy pot smoker, as an occasional user wouldn't be driving their 8 month pregnant wife when they are high as a kite. When was the last time a player was randomly checked by the NFL for drugs and caught with pot in his system? Baseball, football NBA's testing programs are a complete joke. Time for blood tests and time to get HGH, steroids and these idiots out of sports. The only time the NFL tries to catch a pot smoker is at draft time because owners want to make sure that they are spending their first contract dollars on players smart enough not to get high two weeks before the combine. After that they don't give a rats @ss.

Personally, I partake and believe pot should be legal but if you are going to test players, test them and straighten this out.

PS - i'd test mrs sims for pot and i f that came up clean, I'd test her for a brain. I don't know any woman that would let someone that is stoned drive them around when they are pregnant. Why wasn't she driving? My guess she was high herself. But high or not she endangered her unborn child just as much as Sims. Both should be cited for child endangerment.