If You Had the World's Crappiest iPod......

WotAGuy

1. Afghan Whigs: Black Love

2. Eat Skull: Sick to Death

3. Woods: At Echo Lake

4. Congos: heart of the Congos

5. Guided By Voices: Alien Lanes

of course tomorrow I will have 5 totally different albums. Wait, let me add Red Red Meat: Bunny Gets Paid. So six albums, but this isn't an exact science

The Whigs kick ass!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. BoDeans: Joe Dirt Car

2. Van Morrison: Moondance

3. Neil Young: Comes a Time

4. 10,000 Maniacs: Our Time in Eden

And I have to break a little away from the artsy, fartsy, folksy (you can tell my leaning):

5. Donald Fagen: The Nightfly

And really breaking away towards old-school techno:

6. Yaz: Upstairs at Eric's... :rolleyes:

I know that is six... :unsure:

1. Steely Dan: Citizen Steely Dan (4 Disks)

2. Captain Beyond: Captain Beyond

3. Glenn Gould: The Complete Original Jacket Collection (80 disks. That's cool, right?)

4. A Van Morrison album. (Probably one of the following: Astral Weeks, Moondance, Veedon Fleece, What's Wrong With This Picture?)

5. Chet Baker: My Funny Valentine

At least that's tonight's list.

An outstanding choice for "world's crappiest iPod"!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry The Dean, couldn't resist...I miss the Steely Dan jabs!

My 5 discs would be:

1- "Return Of the Grievous Angel"- Gram Parsons

2- "Let It Bleed"- Rolling Stones

3- "Exile In Guyville"- Liz Phair

4- "London Calling"- The Clash

5- "Feel Like Going Home"- Charlie Rich

These are all albums that I have loved for years, and never tire of hearing... but choosing 5 albums is an impossible task.

Sorry The Dean, couldn't resist...I miss the Steely Dan jabs!

My 5 discs would be:

1- "Return Of the Grievous Angel"- Gram Parsons

2- "Let It Bleed"- Rolling Stones

3- "Exile In Guyville"- Liz Phair

4- "London Calling"- The Clash

5- "Feel Like Going Home"- Charlie Rich

These are all albums that I have loved for years, and never tire of hearing... but choosing 5 albums is an impossible task.

god I love Gram Parsons so much. In 1994 the mother of my closest friend gave me a bunch of lps in return for introducing her to Robert Forster and telling her some Nixon stories. Weird but true. Gilded Palace of Sin and GP were two of those LPs. Both of those records have been some of the defining music of my life.

Sorry The Dean, couldn't resist...I miss the Steely Dan jabs!.

:unsure:

Bastard!

Of course it is impossible. But you have the right idea, IMO.

I understood the situation to be, you only get 5, and you are stuck with those 5 for life. Sort of like "Desert Island" albums. I couldn't understand why people would pick 5 from the same genre, or something new they like a lot at the moment. Wouldn't you want a mix of music, and something you know you will still like many years later.

But, Looking back at the question, it doesn't say you can't change the albums on the iPod, or that you are stuck with only those 5 for life. So maybe other people didn't use the Desert Island standard.

:unsure:

I understood the situation to be, you only get 5, and you are stuck with those 5 for life. Sort of like "Desert Island" albums. I couldn't understand why people would pick 5 from the same genre, or something new they like a lot at the moment. Wouldn't you want a mix of music, and something you know you will still like many years later.

But, Looking back at the question, it doesn't say you can't change the albums on the iPod, or that you are stuck with only those 5 for life. So maybe other people didn't use the Desert Island standard.

There's really no rhyme or reason...just trying to get exposed to some music/artists I may have never heard before. Seen some interesting selections and it will keep me busy for a while checking them all out.

Many thanks to all who have played along! Keep playing!

Led Zeppelin - Physical Grafftti

Alice In Chains - Dirt

Metallica - Black

Beatles - Abbey Road

Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street

I guess I'm somewhat stuck in a time warp...... Yet, this is impossible, I'd be changing them all the Time.

Some great works to be sure but I'm surprised no mention of classical, blues, and jazz, other than a Coltrane reference. Granted I didn't read the entire thread and I apologize if I missed them. I'd want at least one CD from every genre except hip-hop rap. Nothing against it but it never took with me. Narrowing it down will take me awhile.

Some great works to be sure but I'm surprised no mention of classical, blues, and jazz, other than a Coltrane reference. Granted I didn't read the entire thread and I apologize if I missed them. I'd want at least one CD from every genre except hip-hop rap. Nothing against it but it never took with me. Narrowing it down will take me awhile.

Well, yes. you missed mine.

1. Afghan Whigs: Black Love

2. Eat Skull: Sick to Death

3. Woods: At Echo Lake

4. Congos: heart of the Congos

5. Guided By Voices: Alien Lanes

of course tomorrow I will have 5 totally different albums. Wait, let me add Red Red Meat: Bunny Gets Paid. So six albums, but this isn't an exact science

You have great taste!

1. Lee Scratch Perry - scratch the upsetter again

2. Jonathan Richman - Rockin' and Romance

3. Daniel Johnston - Hi, How are you?

4. The Shaggs - shaggs own thing

5. Iggy Pop - Fun House

Alice Cooper "Welcome to My Nightmare!" :beer:

Love Iggy & the Stooges, crazy Daniel Johnston...and the Shaggs are the greatest awful band of all time...but you would seriously want to live with those three albums shuffling in your head the rest of your life? You will need a bath...Byrd!

I finally have determined my answer and can only do so if I select collections...

1) The Who - Ultimate Collection

2) Garth Brooks - The Hits

3) Angels and Airwaves - We Don't Need to Whisper

4) Willie Nelson - One Hell of a Ride

5) Hank Williams III - Straight to Hell