Chan's plan for training camp

I think Gailey being let go from K.C. was more to do with the new coach and "power of personality" struggles than anything Chan was or wasn't capable of.

He's a guy who has had success, who seems to know how to create an environment condusive to success - yet, as we know, there are a lot of truly good Head Coaches in the NFL, but only one wins the championship per year. Losing doesn't mean a coach needs to go, or that his way is wrong. Along those lines, Gailey winning in his first year will not be as indicative of his success as a coach as will the way the players play, the way the schemes are set up - are we playing to win, are our guys in it with conviction, confidence. The Patriots team that won the first Super Bowl was a good example of a bunch of hard working mid level players all buying into a system and playing their hearts out.

As for our talent level - I think we'll have much more talent in the Defensive front seven than most people assume. I think our defense will be good enough to win with. I think our offense will put up more points, will stay on the field a lot longer, and will look more professional, too. I just think that a coach envisions a certain type of team - and it takes two, three years to have them in place to really play out the type of football he wants played. So, we'll see guys playing hard this year, and a competitive team, but there will be some players that just don't fit the style Gailey's looking for for the first year or two.

I think Gailey being let go from K.C. was more to do with the new coach and "power of personality" struggles than anything Chan was or wasn't capable of.

Probably. Haley is known to be a major Richard and Gailey was the only member of the previous regime's coaching staff who was retained.

getting this thread back on track...

I really like the fact that Chan isn't naming a QB before camp. keept he competition up as it is the only way these guys might improve. keep 'em hungry, keep 'em motivated. and he seems to be doing the same thing for other positions as well.

hopefully, we'll come into camp and have a very competitive, very physical summer. let the team bond while hitting each other and stay mean for the real games. then we might actually be ready to whip some ass in the 4th quarter for once.

i like it.

Thanak you, as well, for the effort. Unfortunately, I doubt it'll work. But, I'll add my 2 cents to the cause...

I agree. I like the approach so far. All QBs got equal reps with each unit up to this point. So, there's no way anyone can say that one is favored over the other. But, you've got to have a number 1 guy in TC; you just have to. But, Chan's clearly stated that although he'll do that, it's really more of a pecking order and he may change that order as camp/preseason moves forward.

I'm not at all excited by the Gailey hire, but that's a solid and reasonable approach.

It definitely seems as though he's going to have a much more physical camp. Which we've needed for 4 years! It'll be interesting to se how many 2 a days he has. He did say in that same interview thatyou don't need that many.

Ahhh the old "I am not a negative douche that nobody can stand, I am a realist" argument. Classic. As far as being "one of most disliked one here," you need to remember that you aren't that important. There are 1000's of disenchanted miserable pricks just like you, many of whom are far more scathing than yourself.

Be true to who you are...you do you, son. You seem to be doing well with that. However, as the little window to your soul opens, and we all see the hurt child inside, it would be easier if you just told us who hurt you. Who did this to you? A problem shared is a problem solved, and then, maybe only then, you will be able to truly be true to yourself.

:beer: chin up, bucco!!

Easy reply, the Buffalo Bills have hurt me for the last ten years. Nevertheless, I still keep coming back for more...

Thanak you, as well, for the effort. Unfortunately, I doubt it'll work. But, I'll add my 2 cents to the cause...

I agree. I like the approach so far. All QBs got equal reps with each unit up to this point. So, there's no way anyone can say that one is favored over the other. But, you've got to have a number 1 guy in TC; you just have to. But, Chan's clearly stated that although he'll do that, it's really more of a pecking order and he may change that order as camp/preseason moves forward.

I'm not at all excited by the Gailey hire, but that's a solid and reasonable approach.

It definitely seems as though he's going to have a much more physical camp. Which we've needed for 4 years! It'll be interesting to se how many 2 a days he has. He did say in that same interview thatyou don't need that many.

when they first announced it, i wasnt happy with the hiring either. but that was based simply on my own expectations and pipedreams. after seeing Gaily and Nix's approach to building a team and the attitude it needs, i feel a bit better. they're doing some things that ive been waiting years to see.

hopefully the new energy can keep the team angry and motivated, and HEALTHY

Nice avatar. Gotta love faux Commies.

I love historical fact.

Even Slate thinks Che-worship is retarded.

Seems everyone who saw the man in real life thought him a bloodthirsty criminal.

Thank God for the National Review. Hilarious!

So, I don't know if you're mocking the "Che is Cool" crowd, but if you're not, I hope you found the above links enlightening.

I am friends with a guy (an American) who fought with Che and Fidel in Cuba. He says Che was a real douchebag. But he respected Fidel, to a degree, though.

But, as you probably already know, plenty of capitalists have been douchebags, too.

I have an idea of what this team is going to look like. A team that needs a QB, and offensive left and right tackle, two wide receivers, a pass rusher, and someone who can stop the run...I am excited too!

blah, blah, blah. No QB Blahblahblahblah. No Lt Blahblahblahblah.

Don't even leave the house today, chances are you are going to be disappointed with EVERYTHING!

No need to reply Mr Negative. :thumbsup:

when they first announced it, i wasnt happy with the hiring either. but that was based simply on my own expectations and pipedreams. after seeing Gaily and Nix's approach to building a team and the attitude it needs, i feel a bit better. they're doing some things that ive been waiting years to see.

hopefully the new energy can keep the team angry and motivated, and HEALTHY

I agree; hence, my depressed state and black stripe. I see little reason for optimism going into this season. But, I do agree as well, that they are doing some things we've all been waiting years to see. But, until I see it translate to wins on the field I'll reserve any real judgement. It's extremely rare to change the FO, change the coaching staff, change the offensive and defensive schemes, hire a very average HC, a very below average OC and DC, and fail to address the team's primary needs either in the draaft or FA - and come out winning in the fall. To say the cards are stacked against this team is a huge understatement.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that all would be right in the world with Cowher. But, it would have at least assured a great many of us that the FO was truly trying to improve the team as opposed to putting on a band iad and hope they get lucky approach. Only time will tell, though.

What's NEVER brought up nearly often enough is the FACT that with this new regime in place, Bills fans won't be able to recognize the roster in a year or two! Nix and Gailey will quickly realize who is "in it" for the long run and who "mails it in" on Sundays' and the cuts or trades will be made accordingly. Rebuilding is taking hold at One Bills Drive, and that alone makes me an optimist because I believe the previous players and staff got extremely comfortable with LOSING. Change, in this sense, will weed out the undesireable and allow for Nix and Gailey to find winners, going forward!! There will be ample reasons for fans to throw their Bills hat at the telecast, but true fans that dig deeper will see hope on the horizon, IMHO.

I have an idea of what this team is going to look like. A team that needs a QB, and offensive left and right tackle, two wide receivers, a pass rusher, and someone who can stop the run...I am excited too!

While I understand these are concerns, but they have a addressed many of these positions. For the areas they haven't addressed they believe they will benefit from the other moves. You can't fix everything in one off season, especially when you're not sure if it was the player - scheme - how he was coached - etc.

What's NEVER brought up nearly often enough is the FACT that with this new regime in place, Bills fans won't be able to recognize the roster in a year or two! Nix and Gailey will quickly realize who is "in it" for the long run and who "mails it in" on Sundays' and the cuts or trades will be made accordingly. Rebuilding is taking hold at One Bills Drive, and that alone makes me an optimist because I believe the previous players and staff got extremely comfortable with LOSING. Change, in this sense, will weed out the undesireable and allow for Nix and Gailey to find winners, going forward!! There will be ample reasons for fans to throw their Bills hat at the telecast, but true fans that dig deeper will see hope on the horizon, IMHO.

Absolutely. After a loss the players sounded pretty darned chipper these last couple years.

I am friends with a guy (an American) who fought with Che and Fidel in Cuba. He says Che was a real douchebag. But he respected Fidel, to a degree, though.

But, as you probably already know, plenty of capitalists have been douchebags, too.

Yeah capitalist douchebag, fidel is a douchebag, same thing. Huh, there's douchebags everywhere all in all about the same.

The guy who said that in that movie was a fanatic lunatic who condoned a murder that resulted from his orders, then tried to cover it up.

I'm just saying..... :thumbsup:

exactly. he was ranting about on the front line...where? ah yes. cuba. there wouldn't be a front line there if we didn't insist on maintaining a cold war base.

if anyone couldn't handle the truth, it was the colonel. it was a fine rant though. i think jack did something like fifty times before he was satisfied.

So negative. Either root for your team or stop posting. Sick and tired of the same old sh.... give the team a chance. Give the coach a chance. At least wait till the pads go on and at least one preseason game!!

Mpi6876 specializes in p*ssing on cheerios and likes to bait any positive posters. Just ignore him. He sings the same tune every post. I thought it was Jerry Sullivan at first but he doesn't write any where as well. Just ignore him like many of us do.

I don't think Gailey is a second rate coach. And I don't think Nix is second rate, either. If we'd had hired Whaley from Pittsburgh as our G.M., then a lot of media would've said we were finally willing to hire from outside and take a serious shot at keeping up with the ever changing NFL landscape. Now, if Nix were the kind of guy who feels lucky to have the job he's got because he's not qualified, he never would've hired his replacement! That really points to his confidence in the system they're installing. I think Nix is much more respected within the league than he's known outside it. And, for being 70, the guy looks healthier than some 40 year olds I've known.

As for Gailey and his coordinators - we'll have to see. The offensive side is more or less a helper; someone to help keep the guys on track, someone to contribute to game preparations. On the defensive side - I like that our coordinator has a lot of experience seeing defenses built up from the ground, and defenses that've had to use hybrids, even, for awhile to maximize the potential of the personnel.

I was so tired of seeing the Bills go after coaches and systems that are on the downward slide in the NFL - getting people who were coming in and implementing systems that were not innovative, but rather worn out - like the tampa 2. I'm alright with having a handful of guys who need to prove themselves, and I'd rather have a bunch of coaches that are going to make their names here, and rise up here, and bring the Bills with them.

I think 80% of it is mentality. That is where we'll see the difference in our team - hopefully. We'll see creativity, aggressiveness, toughness, and a need, above all, to win. No excuses. That would be a nice motto for our training camp this year.

Here's to our new coaches and F.O. - I, for one, like them, and think we'll be competitive this year, and that the posters on this site that are negative now will be singing the praises for Gailey and Nix by season's end.

Did someone just complain their opinion wasn't being heard? :thumbsup:

Congrats...you've made my ignore list.

PTR