Vick Possibly In HOT Water Again

H2o

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...tion-with-vick/

Will this guy ever learn?

edit: This just may bring down the hammer from Goodell. Vick may have just kissed his NFL career goodbye.

Whether Vick was directly involved or not I doesn't matter.

This character seems to be a magnet for major drama and

issues. He is qualified to drag a team thru the sewers with not

much thought except to his selfish needs.

I am glad we didn't pick him up. What a severe idiot this fool is.

I'm relieved our team is being molded with character.

WOW!

Because he celebrated his own 30th birthday party and somebody else fired off a gun...Michael Vick is gonna get in trouble?

Haha, this is so rediculous...and half the reason I cannot even read through this garbage on here anymore!

You people keep grasping at ANYTHING to beat-down some of these football players...

I bet he does not get in trouble...and once again, if some of you had a brain...you would realize that Michael Vick is still a darn good football player....and yes folks, yes he WOULD help this team.

If this indeed was a private party then Vick would have adequate security set in place

and if he was intelligent one of his stipulations would be to make sure no one on hand

had a hand gun. Just to make sure no drama such as this might occur. If Vick had two

brain cells to rub together he would do his utmost to do anything possible to keep his

future NFL contracts and party goers safe from harm.

Incorrect sir...he actually didnt violate a single condition of his reinstatement unless he can be linked to the shooting. Having a party was not something that violated his conditions...getting in an argument doesnt violate his conditions. Now, if further info comes out further implicating him in the events leading to the shooting, then yes, he has an issue. But all that is confirmed now is that Vick argued with him, then allegedly left, and this guy had further altercations leading to a shooting.

So as of now (and I am not saying Vick is innocent, I dont even like him), there isnt enough info available to say he violated any conditons or laws. So its a wait and see until further details are known.

If he's guilty, throw the book at him...but there is nothing known right now that implicates him in any actual wrong doing other than an argument with someone who showed up at his party that wasnt supposed to be there.

You are trying to have a level head here. That I can respect.

...In the adult world, these things are not hard to avoid. Especially the shooting part.

How about not having your birthday party in a club.. not at 2 AM?

Vick is an idiot. He's on PROBATION. He has to live the life of Beaver Cleaver until he's off probation. But no, he has to go have a birthday party at a club at 2 AM.

So the club part is just the part we know of. Now that attention is on Vick, the probation office will dig deeper. I'm sure there is more to come.

How can Vick be responsible for someone showing up? He has no control over others actions.

Vick has no control over who is allowed to attend his own private party? Riiiiiight.

For $19.95.......you TOO can get the Tony Dungy, rubber stamp of approval.

:beer:

what if this guy showed up uninvited and the argument was because Vick was asking him to leave his party, thus why the argument continued outside? Bet you never thought about that did you?

Everyone is awfully quick to judge, before this incident sorts it self out..

People are quick, but in the case you mention, Vick shouldn't have gone outside. He should have kicked him out and threatened to call the police if he didn't go, and then he should have stayed inside.

How can Vick be responsible for someone showing up? He has no control over others actions.

By having a very small party, maybe, and only inviting ten or twelve friends and having it at home, maybe, and not publicizing it? Or was that beyond his control?

By having a very small party, maybe, and only inviting ten or twelve friends and having it at home, maybe, and not publicizing it? Or was that beyond his control?

Yeah, I don't get the Vick apologists who are acting like it's unreasonable to suggest that Vick not throw a big party at a club for his birthday. First of all, he's turning 30, not 21, not 50. It's not a real big imposition to expect him to tone down the celebration, maybe just a small thing at home. Second, when one of the terms of your reinstatement is not using alcohol, maybe it's not a good idea to throw a big party at a club for anything.

It doesn't matter if the guy showed up uninvited. Vick had a party where:

1) Firearms were allowed

2) Someone got shot

Vick makes bad decisions (I'd say his decisions *on* the football field are actually worse as he's a terrible player). He made another poor decision. I think it's obvious that he's still associating with a crowd that thinks taking firearms to a Birthday party is a good idea and that the best way to remove an uninvited guest is to get the Police there as quickly as possible by shooting him.

Don't blame Dungy. He's not the one who made the decisions.

Nothing wrong with trying to teach the guy a bit and hoping that maybe he learns.

Dungy: "Hey Mike, you know it's bad to smoke drugs, smuggle them through airports, have unprotected sex with dozens of women, commit assult by knowingly having sex with a teenage girl and concealing that you have STDs, concealing your identity from medical and law officials, running an organized illegal gambling ring across state lines, doing business with known fellons, commiting tax fraud, throwing innocent creatures in a 5 foot ring to fight to the death, facilitating violent raping of those animals, then taking a few hundred dogs out to the woods, drowning them, throwing them against giant tree trunks, and strapping car batteries to their head? Right?"

Vick: "Yo' where my Xbox at?"

Dungy: "Good! I'm glad we had this talk and you learned something. Praise Jesus! Here's your stamp."

Incorrect sir...he actually didnt violate a single condition of his reinstatement unless he can be linked to the shooting. Having a party was not something that violated his conditions...getting in an argument doesnt violate his conditions. Now, if further info comes out further implicating him in the events leading to the shooting, then yes, he has an issue. But all that is confirmed now is that Vick argued with him, then allegedly left, and this guy had further altercations leading to a shooting.

So as of now (and I am not saying Vick is innocent, I dont even like him), there isnt enough info available to say he violated any conditons or laws. So its a wait and see until further details are known.

If he's guilty, throw the book at him...but there is nothing known right now that implicates him in any actual wrong doing other than an argument with someone who showed up at his party that wasnt supposed to be there.

I think if alcohol was available that is a violation with the NFL.

I think if alcohol was available that is a violation with the NFL.

Again, there are no current reports of him drinking...its not against his conditions to be in a place that serves alcohol otherwise he would be banned from just about any restaurant there is. Again, at this point in time there are no known violations.

A good friend of mine got a DUI and swore off drinking when he drives somewhere, not even a single beer kind of thing. And this is a guy who really enjoys to have a drink with his friends...to this day, I have never seen him ever violate that despite being around people drinking it up when he has had to drive there. Why...because he has a lot to lose if he drinks and gets pulled over and its not worth it...doesnt keep him from watching football with us at the bar when he has driven there despite others drinking.

So, just because he was there does not mean he was drinking...so again, at this point, from what is known, there have been no broken conditions of his reinstatement nor any laws. If he did break something, then throw the book at him, but in this country you are innocent until proven guilty and many of you guys are declaring him guilty depsite not a single report of any actual violations of his reinstatement or any broken laws.