TIME TO DROP THE SHOUT SONG!

Why don't we poll ESPN announcers, who try to bring the gameday atmosphere through your TV screen. If you recall, which I'm sure you don't, but during the Dallas Monday Nighter two years ago, Mike Tirico stopped Jaws from talking so that the ESPN guys could stop and just listen to the crowd sing the Shout song. The cameras panned the crowd and the announcers said nothing during the duration of the last half of the song. Yeah, let's get rid of that. :w00t:

His comments were something like this: "Let's just be quiet and let the country here this place sing".

I remember that. Awesome game, absolutely unlike any MNF game in years! God, I just wish we could win one of those. It seems every great game we're involved in... we lose.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its time for bills fans to either get a new song parody or just drop the concept all together, that song makes me wanna "puke" (sung to the tune of shout). really its a terrible "oldie now", besides it has embodied 25 years of failure for the bills, while celebrating every field goal........worst song ever :w00t:

They should change it to the "POUT" song...thats all the Bills make me wanna do the past 15 years.

its time for bills fans to either get a new song parody or just drop the concept all together, that song makes me wanna "puke" (sung to the tune of shout). really its a terrible "oldie now", besides it has embodied 25 years of failure for the bills, while celebrating every field goal........worst song ever :w00t:

Whatever...nope.

They still sing 'Hail To The Redskins' down here in DC...
Could be a whole lot worse. Could be "Hail to the Redskins". That makes me puke without drinking.

Some of my friends here in Richmond are Deadskin fans. I sing this version for them just to piss them off:

To hell...

With the Redskins...

They didn't get a vic-tor-reeeeee...

To hell...

With the Redskins...

They SUCK...

Just like...

DC!!!!!

Sometimes I'll change it up on them and make the last two lines:

So bad...

You see!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Why don't we poll ESPN announcers, who try to bring the gameday atmosphere through your TV screen. If you recall, which I'm sure you don't, but during the Dallas Monday Nighter two years ago, Mike Tirico stopped Jaws from talking so that the ESPN guys could stop and just listen to the crowd sing the Shout song. The cameras panned the crowd and the announcers said nothing during the duration of the last half of the song. Yeah, let's get rid of that. :w00t:

His comments were something like this: "Let's just be quiet and let the country here this place sing".

It's not the song my friend, it's the FANS!

like i said. poll the players, and ignore my post already jerk

:rolleyes:

The Shout Song is great. It's fun and a nice tradition. It would be a bad idea to scrap it.

:w00t:

Why poll the players, the song is for the fans anyway...... not too sure the players would poll the fans what plays they want them to run. I'm pretty sure the players wouldn't care if you played the chicken dance as long as the fans were going nuts and they still got paid.

Really? It just seems like BS to me. It's one of the most anticipated parts of a Bills game. From my season tickets, I usually see about 95% of the crowd clapping to the song. Usually about 90% of the crowd singing the song, especially the "Lets Go Buffalo" part. So, I'm not sure where you sit, or how alert you are, but you seem kind of out of it.

Not to mention, all of the people in the tailgates blasting the song. Or the impromptu singing of the Shout in hundreds of tailgates before and after the games. This doesn't take into account, after our few and far between wins, the constant singing of the shout song in the hallways of the Ralph's concourse, that usually gets started by about 10 different groups before you can exit the stadium.

Or the busload of Bills fans in Indianapolis that came off the bus with a boombox blasting the song. The impromptu Shout takeover in Carolina when the Bills were last there. Or even all of the You tube videos of countless Bills fans singing the song at parties, weddings, graduations, at the stadium, all across the country, or just for the hell of it. How about the New York City Bills Backers bar where all of the Buffalo transplants are screaming the song after the Raiders win? Wonder where they learned it? Same in Atlanta. I've actually worked in about 2/3 of all NFL stadiums in the late 90's and early 2000's, and there wasn't another stadium in the league where the fans sang the fight sone so well, and so loud. It's awesome.

Yeah, let's get rid of the Shout song. About the only good thing about this franchise over the last ten years. As I said before, Tom Donahoe, is that you?

Well said. Don't touch the shout song!

you have and still are missing the point, i dont care about any of those songs, any of them, why do we need some cheesy song to celebrate to? what is the point, the score that was just made makes the crowd erupt, the music comes second.

Yes.

Why could

thank you "count dorkula" and rob johson fan, you have made my day. lol

i guess that means no awesome remarks from you two geniuses. :thumbsup:

You not

the funny thing is you cant, you just cant :lol:

put all

These in

+1000 (emulating the haters)

one post.

on closer inspection, goy i found you in your avatar, you are under the bisons mascot, and floating in the bowl, and there is a piece of you stuck to his butt too. awesome, lol :beer:

Awesome enough for you?

on closer inspection, goy i found you in your avatar, you are under the bisons mascot, and floating in the bowl, and there is a piece of you stuck to his butt too. awesome, lol :thumbsup:

hardy har har.

Do you put a wig on your dog to make him seem more human when you two are in bed?

It's not the song my friend, it's the FANS!

So tell me then, what other song do they play on gameday that gets ANY participation from the fans? Oh, that's right, out of about 50 during the course of a gameday......that correct answer would be.......NONE.

Oh wait, I take that back. Sweet Caroline, after a win, after the game, gets a pretty good response too. Other than that......NONE.

:thumbsup:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, right, you must mean players like T.O., who last year said on his twitter page, after the TD vs. Tampa......something to the effect of....."man the Ralph was rocking today after the touchdown." Hmmmm, wonder what that meant.

You really are a combative idiot, who clearly is in the minority. You're almost like the MSNBC network. A TON of talk like you actually know something, but in the end, your ratings suck, no one watches you, and the more you try, the more idiotic your arguments get.

Come on Donahoe, just come out and tell us it's you.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, right, you must mean players like T.O., who last year said on his twitter page, after the TD vs. Tampa......something to the effect of....."man the Ralph was rocking today after the touchdown." Hmmmm, wonder what that meant.

You really are a combative idiot, who clearly is in the minority. You're almost like the MSNBC network. A TON of talk like you actually know something, but in the end, your ratings suck, no one watches you, and the more you try, the more idiotic your arguments get.

Come on Donahoe, just come out and tell us it's you.

Just read all of the posts ... you will get a sense of the author's maturity and respect for other people's opinions.

The players seem to get into the stadium being up on our feets shouting and singing SHOUT but frankly the song is for the fans ... young and old ... it is not the players choice ...

But, to resolve this I suggest we check the MADDEN ratings ... haha ...

So tell me then, what other song do they play on gameday that gets ANY participation from the fans? Oh, that's right, out of about 50 during the course of a gameday......that correct answer would be.......NONE.

Oh wait, I take that back. Sweet Caroline, after a win, after the game, gets a pretty good response too. Other than that......NONE.

It's the magic of the "Shout" song that compels the people!

"Rout" might be more appropriate.

I'm actually kinda offended that you think it's the song and not the fans. Trust me, Bills fans will find an outlet for their fervor, with or without "Shout".