TIME TO DROP THE SHOUT SONG!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tired, awful, and something for middle-aged (and the middle-aged at heart) women to clap their hands to at Bills games.

I know some of you have danced up and down the aisles with your grandma to this number, but it's time to let it go.

Kinda like "The Charleston" or "The Lindy Hop".

I wonder what some of the current players think about that song? They probably hate it.

I would like to see the Shout song stay, but be played more strategically. In other words, play it after all TDs, but only play it after a FG if those points give the Bills the lead. The FG to cut a deficit from 21-0 to 21-3 is hardly reason to stand up and dance/clap.

I think the all-time worst team song was the old Houston Oilers song. I'm sure lots of fans here still remember that one. It sounded like some stupid children's song composed by a music school dropout…just singy-songy and lame. "Houston Oilers…Houston Oilers…Houston Oilers all the way…"

The chorus is the same as the dfags fight song.

Whammy Weenie…sorry to sharpshoot you, Conch. It's just that the historical importance of the Weenie must be preserved for all time.

Not to mention the lead paint.

BTW, the song was shelved in an unannounced decision sometime in the 90's. The official explanation was that the royalties that the team had to pay to the Isley Brothers and their publishing company were too high. They wheeled out some song that also had "shout" in the lyrics and actually choreographed some video to go along with the new ad campaign.

Absolutely brilliant.

Shout by Tears for Fears. Why didn't I think of that?

Shout, shout let it all out,

These are the things I can do without,

COME ON, I"M TALKING TO YOU, COME ON!

Edit: SJBF is correct, there was a brief substitution of a different "Shout" song. I was just being facetious.

Back in '93 - '94 at the divisional game we won against teh Raiders, a cold, cold day, we came back to win. I was standing up with my wife and the other 60,000 or so people, just enjoying the win. The Shout song was playing and the stadium was going wild. I don't mean the last 10 years or so wild. For those of you that were there, or remember, it was different back then when we were winning. There was "fandemonium." I wanna feel that again, and I want to SHOUT !

a

really? seems like you are an absolute !@#$ing moron to me. absolute !@#$ING MORON, peace out tbd. and to you and your !@#$ing moron friends, you are a bunch of !@#$ing morons

0:)

And, now it becomes clear that you are one of the new generation of fans who come to the games not to enjoy the experience but to scream curses from the stands that ruin the atmosphere for those of us who want to bring our children for a fun-family-tradition building experience.

Sure, let's lose tradition and scream obscenities because that is a way to modernize the game experience. Can't have any songs everyone can sing with - what the heck let's not allow any songs at all or choose something that most in the stadium and in Bills' Backers' clubs around the world can't sing or dance to.

It truly is a sad reflection on our world when you even feel the need to repeatedly curse out those who disagree with you here on this board. When things don't go your way or you hear another point of view are those the only words you can come up with as you stamp your feet, turn all red, and throw things?

"Shout" is a connection amongst Bills' fans worldwide. It is easy to sing/shout with and for those of us with some standards of decency, we'd rather connect with an energizing song than shout four letter curses at the ref's, the other team or the Bills just to impress those around us with our extensive vocabulary of obscenities.

Shout needs to go, agree 100% . There has to be better options.

Its not about better options, as mentioned before, it wasn't in use for awhile and the fans hated it.... it is as much a part of the Bills as anything, and should continue to be enjoyed, for those who don't like it, the easiest solution is not to go to the games, therefore you don't need to hear it, and will need to find something else to complain about

I can't go to games, I am in Thailand and have been for 3 and a half years, but I do have to hear it when I can watch it on the net. I always disliked it though and just like everyone I have an opinion and an asswhole. I will complain about what I want, it is my right as an sanctimonious internet presence.

Cheers

You are totally wrong. The time to drop this song was about 30 years ago. It should have gone the way of the Mean Weenie from Bells Supermarkets long, long ago.

I think it was actually the Whammie Weanie if my memory serves me. When did they start using the Shout song? It wasn't 30 years ago was it? I don't mind the song, I don't like that they play it every time we score, regardless of the game situation. For example, when we are down by 4 touchdowns and the most our offense can muster is another field goal, why play the song? Is that really a time to celebrate? If it is a close game and the score has a direct effect on the outcome of the game or it is still a close game, fine the song is cool, but it looks kind of stupid to play a celebratory song when we are too far behind to win.

Seriously? Disturbed?

Disturbed certainly doesn't have balls. If you want balls - play something like REIGN SUPREME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISW2n_Vprfk

You kids and your "nu metal"

LOL. A kid I am definitely not. We are talking about music that by nature pretty much has to be popular. You can't play "music to stomp babies to" at a professional sporting event.

lol, good to know that our 80+ year old owner still has better taste in music than you.

Disturbed?!? gtfo

It's a team song clown. LOL. It's not my favorite music. I don't even have a disturbed CD. "My music" probably wouldn't do well for team fight songs. Can you imagine? "Suicide Messiah" by Black Label Society. Actually, maybe this could work! "No More Tears" might be a great fight song for weary Bills fans.

How about a compromise??? We definitely need a new song. How about we play the song when the Bills lead the fourth quarter, score TD's during that period and after winning games?

While I agree that the shout song is part of Bills tradition, there has to be something for everyone.

I actually want to keep the song. The few times that the Bills score you get to watch the inebriated uncoordinated overweight fans attempt to dance to that outdated ridiculous song. Classic.

And in that same vein, bring back Reuben Brown.