Bit of a morbid question

No I am not dieing But I saw a old gunsmoke [is there any other kind?] where this fellow wanted to be buried next to his wife in a town that hated him. Well of course there was the usual angry mob,etc,but naturally sheriff Dillon handled it.

It made me wonder, do you think about, or care where you are buried?

I would like a crypt on the moon if it is not to much trouble.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I am not dieing But I saw a old gunsmoke [is there any other kind?] where this fellow wanted to be buried next to his wife in a town that hated him. Well of course there was the usual angry mob,etc,but naturally sheriff Dillon handled it.

I would like a crypt on the moon,if it is not to much trouble.

I'd like to be cremated and have my ashes slowly fed to my worst enemy.

I would like a crypt on the moon,if it is not to much trouble.

The best thing you can do is sit down with loved ones and talk about death and your wishes. My wife of forty years passed suddenly last week,and if we had not had communicated to family about this subject it would have been much harder to think.

To make sure everyone knows is not morbid- it is a comfort in an impossible time.

The best thing you can do is sit down with loved ones and talk about death and your wishes. My wife of forty years passed suddenly last week,and if we had not had communicated to family about this subject it would have been much harder to think.

To make sure everyone knows is not morbid- it is a comfort in an impossible time.

I am very sorry for your loss Rob. My heart goes out to you.

Sorry for your loss Rob.

Personally I've told my wife to have me cremated. That may change in the future, but I doubt it. We're not tied to where we live by anything but employment and our 3 kids may live in different areas of the country. The days where you were born, lived and died within a 30 mile radius are over.

Rochester Rob thank you for the kind thoughts and sorry to hear of the loss of your wife.

As for me, this was a very important issue for my wife. She was prompted to have to think about it upon the death of her mother. We discussed the issue and have now a will and record of our wishes in place.

God rest her soul in peace.

My heart goes out to you. I can't even imagine what that is like. I'm sure you have many amazing memories and I'm sure she was an amazing woman. Stay strong, my Bills brother.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Fortunately you and your family communicated your concerns ahead of time.

Sorry for your loss Rob. If my wife goes before me I'll be devastated. But you are absolutely right about talking about this with your family. It's one of the hardest things to cover with what I do. Fortunately it is mainly passed on (no pun intended) to our estate attorney. Get your wishes in your trust. And Fezmid even though you don't care because you'll be dead make that decision ahead of time with your family. Regardless of who makes the final decision make it now. That will probably be the last thing your family will want to try and figure out when you've passed. If you feel so flippant about it now have a family meeting now and have fun with it, but whatever you do make the decision now.

Thanks to all for the condolences.The real point was weather you care or haven't thought about it,you should. Then make your decisions and communicate them to all who need to know. It makes an impossible time at least doable.

Wills,living wills,health care proxy, DNR,etc all good to have and know. Remember just because you know wishes ,you are likely in shock and others in family need to know to carry on.

Joan was a hardcore bills fan and I hope she smiles on them as I know she is to me.

Thank you

Rob

Thanks to all for the condolences.The real point was weather you care or haven't thought about it,you should. Then make your decisions and communicate them to all who need to know. It makes an impossible time at least doable.

Wills,living wills,health care proxy, DNR,etc all good to have and know. Remember just because you know wishes ,you are likely in shock and others in family need to know to carry on.

Joan was a hardcore bills fan and I hope she smiles on them as I know she is to me.

Thank you

Rob

Miss Me, But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road,

And the sun is set for me,

I want no rites in a gloom filled room,

Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little, but not too long,

And not with your head bowed low,

Remember the love that once we shared,

Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must make,