My God, look at the wobble on the deep ball attempts...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? No rush, no fear of getting hit, just throw the damn ball with some snap on it!

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...64-bfb85361eca3

You need to be medicated. If that doesn't work increase the dosage. If that doesn't work increase the dosage even more. If that doesn't work go higher with the dosage. If that doesn't work double down with the dosage. If that doesn't work it won't matter because you will be dead from an overdose. :thumbsup:

If you go to the 0:55 mark, you'll see why Green Bay let go of Brohm.

Some witch doctor shrunk the length of his arms after he got drafted! Perhaps it's just the camera angle, but those stumps barely go past his waist.

GreenBay didnt let him go, He was signed off there practice squad. Unless he was on there active roster they couldnt stop him.

except GB didnt let him go, they matched buffalos offer sheet and brohm chose to go to buffalo b/c he knew Aaron rodgers wasnt going anywhere, and he wanted the chance to start.

While I get what you are saying, technically, GB did let Brohm go. At least twice.

In order to qualify for the practice squad, the player has to be waived.

Even when Buffalo claimed Brohm off GB's PS, if GB was really interested in keeping Brohm, they would have upped the Bills offer.

IMHO, I think GB matched the Bills offer hoping Brohm would stay so they could move him in the off-season.

While I get what you are saying, technically, GB did let Brohm go. At least twice.

Even when Buffalo claimed Brohm off GB's PS, if GB was really interested in keeping Brohm, they would have upped the Bills offer.

IMHO, I think GB matched the Bills offer hoping Brohm would stay so they could move him in the off-season.

Im not sure they are allowed to up the offer, can only match.

Too many times over the last couple years that we have seen #5 appear to panic and leave the pocket and rush a pass or dump it off, as opposed to hanging in an extra second or so to deliver the pass to a receiver in stride.

I don't think the Bils even attmpted this last year. (Yes, I'm exaggerating to make a point.) I think their pass routes were buttonhooks at various places on the field. Seriously, I'm not sure any other team had as many passes to stationary receivers over the last 3 years.

Im not sure they are allowed to up the offer, can only match.

It's possible.

The NFL CBA does not really address that situation. The 2 things I found:

ARTICLE XXXIV

PRACTICE SQUADS

Section 1. Practice Squads: ...

Section 2. Signing With Other Clubs:

(a) Any player under contract to a Club as a practice squad player

shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any

Club at any time during the League Year, to serve as a player on any Club’s

Active or Inactive List, and any Club is completely free to negotiate and sign

such a Player Contract with such player, without penalty or restriction, including,

but not limited to, Draft Choice Compensation between Clubs or

First Refusal Rights of any kind, or any signing period, except that such

player shall not be permitted to sign a Player Contract with another Club

to serve as a practice squad player while under contract as a practice squad

player.

(b) Notwithstanding Subsection (a) above, a practice squad player

may not sign an NFL Player Contract with his Club’s next opponent later

than 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the sixth day preceding the game (except

in bye weeks, when the prohibition commences on the tenth day preceding

the game).

Section 3. Salary: (addresses the minimum salary a p/s player can make while on the p/s)

Section 4. Eligibility: ...

Section 5. Active List: If a player on the Practice Squad of one club (Club

A) signs an NFL Player Contract with another club (Club B), (1) the player

shall receive three (3) weeks salary of his NFL Player Contract at the 53-

player Active/Inactive List minimum even if he is terminated by Club B prior

to earning that amount, and (2) Club B is required to count the player

on its 53-player Active/Inactive List for three (3) games (a bye week counts

as a game) even if he is terminated or assigned via waivers to another club

or is signed as a free agent to another club’s 53-player roster or another

club’s Practice Squad prior to that time. If the player is terminated from

Club B’s 53-player roster and signed to Club B’s Practice Squad, he shall

continue to count on the club’s 53-player Active/Inactive List but shall not

count against the eight-player Practice Squad limit until the three-game requirement

has been fulfilled. If a player is terminated prior to the completion

of the three-game period and is signed to Club B’s Practice Squad or is

signed or assigned to another club’s 53-player roster or Practice Squad, any

salary (as that term is defined in Article XXIV, Section 1©) that he receives

from any NFL club applicable to the three-game period shall be an offset

against the three (3) weeks salary that he is entitled to receive from Club B.

The way I take it, a practice squad player is a free agent that gets to practice with a specific team during the year.

I see nothing in the above that would have prohibited GB from upping the ante, if they had wanted to.

I am very impressed with Easley. Looks like a total ball hawk.

If you compare the practice videos versus this year, you'll see the differences instantly. The "new" offense definitely has a click and electricity to it.

Ed Wang really needs to cut that hair. He can't pull off the long hair (and earring) without looking like a woman.

It's possible.

The NFL CBA does not really address that situation. The 2 things I found:

The way I take it, a practice squad player is a free agent that gets to practice with a specific team during the year.

I see nothing in the above that would have prohibited GB from upping the ante, if they had wanted to.

sorry wasnt saying you were wrong just what i thought.

What you found is interesting though.

Completed balls = good.

A dog once told me that.

If you compare the practice videos versus this year, you'll see the differences instantly. The "new" offense definitely has a click and electricity to it.

Ed Wang really needs to cut that hair. He can't pull off the long hair (and earring) without looking like a woman.

That is one butt ugly woman. :thumbsup:

eh.. A last cut player is a scheme that every team uses to try and get young players they like back on their roster as a PS'er. Since every team has to cut down to the league max, there's far more 'finagling' going on internally with all clubs, than scanning the waiver wire to steal somebody they don't have much 'book' on, just before the start of the season.

Since everybody has a HO, mine goes with Brohm wanting a chance to start vs. being one of Rodgers' back-up's.

eh.. A last cut player is a scheme that every team uses to try and get young players they like back on their roster as a PS'er. Since every team has to cut down to the league max, there's far more 'finagling' going on internally with all clubs, than scanning the waiver wire to steal somebody they don't have much 'book' on, just before the start of the season.

Since everybody has a HO, mine goes with Brohm wanting a chance to start vs. being one of Rodgers' back-up's.

Why do I care what your ho thinks?

Bringing attention to TE's long ball completions, good job ICE :thumbsup:

TE seems to be going deep whenever possible and hitting his receivers in stride.

TE hit a lot of deep balls in last years camp. Come game day, not so much.

Guess he better stay away from Lehigh Valley, PA then.

Oh the horror.. our QB threw a couple wobbly passes in practice.. that were completed. :):thumbsup:

I get where ICE is coming from. Edwards regularly has wobbly throws, which is a problem when the weather gets nasty at the Ralph. You ideally want someone who can throw a tight spiral as that can help cut threw the wind as opposed to a one that hangs in the air.

No doubt. I have brought this up in threads before. Edwards throws a terrible deep ball. Same old same old. And some wonder why many say that Trent can't/won't throw the deep ball. Certainly no surprise when you see those lame ducks that Trent chucks up there.