The Pats are done

Haley wanted Gailey gone, That's common knowledge. Haley is an offensive minded coach who wanted to run his own system and not Gailey's. So maybe Pioli technically "fired" Gailey, it was Haley who wanted and got him gone.

Its nice to see a pats* bashing thread make you defend the pats* again and show your true colors of being a bahston-loving, brady knob gobbling scumbag fan of the cheaters*.

I'm sorry, did you say something? No? Back in the closet then.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, did you say something? No? Back in the closet then.

I didn't say anything, yet you responded?

I'm sorry you are PMS-ing. I know its been a rough season with your celtics choking in game 7 and your bruins blowing a 3-0 series lead.

I didn't say anything, yet you responded?

I'm sorry you are PMS-ing. I know its been a rough season with your celtics choking in game 7 and your bruins blowing a 3-0 series lead.

To clarify, you said nothing new or clever, hence the "no".

What do you do with yourself all day, man? What a mess.

Haley fired Gailey. Not Pioli. And neither Pioli nor the Pats are exactly lighting the world on fire with their draft picks the past few years.

Haley fired Gailey did he? Let me guess, Haley also hired Pioli's guys C Weis and R Crennel to run both offense and defense too right :unsure:

The Patriots may still be competetive, but their reign as a top flight team is over. Their GM whose moves have made Bellichick a legend is gone, most of their veterans are old/retired/gone, their defense is a shell of its former self, the anchor of their line is disgruntled, and Tom Brady has a wife and kid to chase around instead of living and breathing football.

I'm not predicting they'll flat out suck, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them finish under .500.

Last season they showed a lack of leadership after guys like Bruschi, Vrabel, etc left

Haley fired Gailey did he? Let me guess, Haley also hired Pioli's guys C Weis and R Crennel to run both offense and defense too right :unsure:

Do a search on "Todd Haley Fires Chan Gailey" and "Scott Pioli Fires Chan Gailey" and see what comes up.

Do a search on "Todd Haley Fires Chan Gailey" and "Scott Pioli Fires Chan Gailey" and see what comes up.

Search not required. Common sense should prevail.

Pioli's buds are running the offense and defense for him. Who do you think hired them?

To be expected when those 2 descending win totals years are due to the fact that your future HOF QB misses one of the seasons entirely and isn't 100% healthy the following one.

By all accounts Brady is back to 100% health for this season meaning that trend for less wins is over with.

I don't think so. Teams whose key players are moving into their mid-30s inevitably suffer a decline. It happens to the best of them. It happened to the 49ers, to the Cowboys, to the Bills, all of whom dominated the 1990s and then declined when players like Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt Smith, Montana/Young, Rice, Kelly, Thomas, Reed and Bruce Smith got past 32 or 33.

You have some examples of QBs that play well into their late 30s, but a QB can't carry a team. Montana couldn't carry the Chiefs when he got traded to them. Aikman couldn't carry the Cowboys when Irvin and Smith declined. Brady will be 33 on August 3. Moss was 33 in February. Wilfork is 29. Welker is 29, has a lot of miles on him, and coming off a serious injury.

The Pats record is resting heavily on the shoulders of Brady, Moss, Welker and a couple of linemen all of whom are getting long in the tooth. I'm not saying they will collapse in 2010, but then can and will sooner or later unless there is a huge infusion of first rate new talent. And I don't see that on their roster.

Not of this is to say the Bills are as good or better than they, but that's beside the point.

In today's NFL it's all about being strong at QB and at HC. Without a doubt the Pats are the best in the division at those two spots and, arguably, are the strongest team in the league at those two spots. So long as they have Brady and Belichick they'll be the team to beat in the division and will be a very strong combatant to represent the AFC in the SB.

Guess it depends on your reference.

Brady put up pro bowl numbers despite coming off a major knee surgery.

Passing 	  Comp 	Att 	Comp %	Yds	  Y/Att 	TD 	Int 	Rating
Tom Brady 	371 	 565 	65.7 	 4398	7.78	   28 	13 	 96.2

Key injury to any superstar player like the ones you mention would potentially cripple any team, including the Pats.

Neither Springs nor Thomas will be missed.

Like it or not ...... the Pats will keep winning because they have Brady and Belichick. The rest of the team is interchangeable.

Belichick is a "pretty good coach" who has "had top talent throughout his tenure" Good grief man did you just starting watching the Pats the last couple of seasons?

Neither Rex nor Chan are in the same stratosphere as Belichick as a head coach. Dude, many of the experts believe Belichick may well be the best head coach ever.

Check the Pats roster the first two times they won the SB. It's chalk full of other teams rejects and just another guys.

What have either Rex or Chan done to warrant even being talked about as a good HC never mind one of the best ever. Gailey's a habitual failure and Rex is a blowhard.

Seeing how they are defending AFC East Champions, and the only year in the last forever it seems that they didn't win the division, they won 11 games, yeah they are through? Their future Hall of Fame quarterback is healthy this year, last year he was still recovering. Last year they went through about half a dozen backs because their starter was hurt, he is back as his his backup. They are still the team to beat in the division and one of the 3 or 4 to beat in the AFC. If they have a fork in them, the Bills have the entire silverware drawer in them. Tom Brady isn't the only NFL player with a wife and kid to "chase around"? Belicheat is there, so they are always going to be competitive. I really wish your post was accurate, but it is way off sadly, in fact it would be nice just to be able to beat them for a second time in what the last 18 or 19 matchups?

Are you serious? The Scandal was revealed early in 2007, since then:

2007: 16 wins 0 losses - AFC East Champs, played in the Superbowl

2008: 11 wins 5 losses- with a backup quarterback all season

2009: 10 wins 6 losses - AFC East Champs

Regular season since then: 37 wins, 11 losses

Post season: 2 wins, 2 losses

Yea they haven't won anything since then? Wow, if that is nothing what do you call what the Bills have done?

To be expected when those 2 descending win totals years are due to the fact that your future HOF QB misses one of the seasons entirely and isn't 100% healthy the following one.

By all accounts Brady is back to 100% health for this season meaning that trend for less wins is over with.

U have got to be kidding me. I have heard some innane posts on here, but this has got to take the cake. Last I looked the Pats still have Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Welker will be back. As long as they have Brady, they are good for 10 wins minimum. Hopefully, we will be able to compete with them now that we have a real coach who will hopefully play to win, instead of playing not to lose. What you say is plain WRONG!! They were the length of the football away from beating the Colts in Indy when the Colts were still playing all their starters. Sure they got wupped by the Ravens, but don't you think that was a wakeup call for them? Do you think the players and coaches they have are just going to mail in the season? Seriously, if you want to write something, think before you start typing.

Didn't that legend-making GM fire Chan Gailey?

The above are prime examples of posters who absolutely never have anything good to say about the Bills but will leap to the defense of the Cheatriots*, Bellicheat, and/or Marsha any time any TRUE Bills Fan dumps on their favorite team.

I'll ask for probably the 100th time... Why are we so tolerant of Obvious Fricking Trolls? No other teams boards are. Go to patsfan.cheat and post about the Cheatriots* in the manner that these trolls post about the Bills. You'll be banned and all of your posts will be deleted in record time.

Enough is enough! It's time to run the trolls off of this board!

The above are prime examples of posters who absolutely never have anything good to say about the Bills but will leap to the defense of the Cheatriots*, Bellicheat, and/or Marsha any time any TRUE Bills Fan dumps on their favorite team.

I'll ask for probably the 100th time... Why are we so tolerant of Obvious Fricking Trolls? No other teams boards are. Go to patsfan.cheat and post about the Cheatriots* in the manner that these trolls post about the Bills. You'll be banned and all of your posts will be deleted in record time.

Barry Bonds still has his supporters. And he's the home run king!

I agree with you about what Pats*fans.com will do to anyone who doesn't toe the line to their orthodoxy--I myself was banned several times there in Jan/Feb. 2008 for simply asking questions about their views on Spygate. Part of me would still love to go back under a new name and resurrect my all time favorite Cheatriots thread "Who Else Here Smells a Blowout?" started two days before the G-Men handed their arses to them on a platter. I'm sure it's been locked down or forever deleted, but a guy can dream, can't he?

That said, I am NOT in favor of banning people here--let folks like our friends above (one of whom claims to be a Bills fan, but his posts all say otherwise) post here and let us refute them. Simple as that.....

Yet they still manage to keep atop the AFCE well ahead of the Bills Neeraj.

On the first part, actually, uh, no, didn't Miami win the division two years ago? Expect a similar result this season, except it will be the Jets about 2 games ahead of the Pats*. Can't argue with you too much on the last part.....