Somewhat comforting read here

Meredith

Nothing major here it just thought it was nice to here something out of our LT position. Maybe our oline isnt as far off as we are claiming it to be. Meredith played well being instantly plugged into our line last year, maybe he can be atleast servicable at LT, if Bell does start he most likely will be injured at somepoint. Wood and Levitre now have a full year under our belts maybe Hartgarner will be our weakest link.

Meredith

Nothing major here it just thought it was nice to here something out of our LT position. Maybe our oline isnt as far off as we are claiming it to be. Meredith played well being instantly plugged into our line last year, maybe he can be atleast servicable at LT, if Bell does start he most likely will be injured at somepoint. Wood and Levitre now have a full year under our belts maybe Hartgarner will be our weakest link.

I mentioned this before, but if you go to PFF Meredith atually graded out pretty well.

Is Meredith outplaying Bell or is Bell still gimpy? If Bell is healthy and Meredith is outplaying him, just stands as testament to the absolute insanity that preceded last season's opener.

Bell won't be ready until training camp. He is still recovering from a torn ligament in his knee.

As long as they identify who they want to start at LT early-on, have him take the starting reps, and DON'T cut him and promote his inexperienced underling to starter just days before the season starts, the LT spot should be infinitely improved over last year. But beyond that, Meredith seems to have what it takes to play LT, and is actually pretty strong unlike Bell. He's also healthy, unlike Bell.

Meredith

Meredith should look great at LT all the way up until the point he plays against even average pass rushers.

The Bills D has no one even close to a quality pass rusher, so the OL will look much better in practice than they really are

Remember too, Meredith will have 2 big benefits going into this season as opposed to last season:

1. He's going thru an entire training camp with our team, not serving as a mid-season pickup.

2. He'll benefit from going through a complete offseason of strength and conditioning, so an improvement isn't out of the question. Young players can take big steps in year 2, especially along the lines, because of this reason.

Meredith should look great at LT all the way up until the point he plays against even average pass rushers.

The Bills D has no one even close to a quality pass rusher, so the OL will look much better in practice than they really are

:flirt:

Meredith

I have said this multiple times on this board. I wouldn't be surprised if he is our starting LT on day one. I don't understand why everyone has assumed Bell will be the starting LT.

Meredith

Thanks for the link. Good writeup.

I don't see Meredith being serviceable, at least at LT. But it would certainly be nice if it happened.

IMHO, even though I'm not thrilled with Hangartner, our weakest link is going to be LT, barring a trade, and RT and possibly C will be close behind.

I wasn't thrilled that the Bills didn't address the LT position in the offseason but so many OL have come from nowhere it leaves me with a glimmer of hope that one of these fat guys can do the job.

Meredith is going to be the starting LT. I think the guy has great potential and coach Gailey can see that. I believe he is content to stick with him and watch him develop. By the end of the year, he will be recognized as a strength of our O/L. We don't need Gaither/Adams/Mcneil/ J. Brown. This guy is going to be a stud not a dud. Give him time and be patient. I love the direction of this new regime.

Meredith is going to be the starting LT. I think the guy has great potential and coach Gailey can see that. I believe he is content to stick with him and watch him develop. By the end of the year, he will be recognized as a strength of our O/L. We don't need Gaither/Adams/Mcneil/ J. Brown. This guy is going to be a stud not a dud. Give him time and be patient. I love the direction of this new regime.

Amen. If he really is progressing as well as the reports claim, he should and (probably) will get a chance to play LT. Gailey has no loyalty to Bell or most of the others on this team drafted by the previous trainwre...I mean regime.

I didn't realize that in 4 games, Meredith didn't have a single penalty. That's impressive, especially for a rookie who had barely played with the team, much less learned all the line calls.

"st least serviceable" tackle. Now that's the way to get to the super bowl!

Who was the Saints LT last year? Bushrod, who at best could be described as serviceable. The Cardinals got to the Super Bowl with Mike Gandy, and the Steelers had one of the worst Olines in the league that year. Who was the Colts LT last year? Charlie Johnson.

Yeah, I guess it really is the way to get to the Super Bowl.

Is Meredith outplaying Bell or is Bell still gimpy? If Bell is healthy and Meredith is outplaying him, just stands as testament to the absolute insanity that preceded last season's opener.

Bell is still rehabbing same as Wood. But i saw absolutely nothing out of him last year except false starts, holding calls and sacks. If he is our "penciled in" starter we are in a world of trouble.

Who was the Saints LT last year? Bushrod, who at best could be described as serviceable. The Cardinals got to the Super Bowl with Mike Gandy, and the Steelers had one of the worst Olines in the league that year. Who was the Colts LT last year? Charlie Johnson.

Yeah, I guess it really is the way to get to the Super Bowl.

Dude you don't get it. I can name their quarterbacks: Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. If you have probowl QB's you can get by with serviceable tackles....we can't!