Somewhat comforting read here

Dude you don't get it. I can name their quarterbacks: Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. If you have probowl QB's you can get by with serviceable tackles....we can't!

I do get it. You don't. My point was that other positions than LT get you to the Super Bowl. Anyone with a kindergarten education can tell you the NFL is a QBs league.

Who was the Saints LT last year? Bushrod, who at best could be described as serviceable. The Cardinals got to the Super Bowl with Mike Gandy, and the Steelers had one of the worst Olines in the league that year. Who was the Colts LT last year? Charlie Johnson.

I think "serviceable" might be a tad generous on these guys.

Dude you don't get it. I can name their quarterbacks: Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. If you have probowl QB's you can get by with serviceable tackles....we can't!

If (truly-deserving) Pro Bowl LT's were easy to get, you'd have a point.

Oh how our expectations have sunk. We let a 3 time probowl LT get away and now we are hoping we can polish a turd into a diamond with late round and undrafted talent. *sigh* That doesn't happen every day. Peters was a RARE exception and only because he was "miscast" as a TE in his college career.

Oh how our expectations have sunk. We let a 3 time probowl LT get away and now we are hoping we can polish a turd into a diamond with late round and undrafted talent. *sigh* That doesn't happen every day. Peters was a RARE exception and only because he was "miscast" as a TE in his college career.

It's amazing isn't it?

People who wanted to run Jason Peters out of town should have demanded a Plan B in advance.

As it was, they gave Russ all the cover he needed to basically say "screw you" to the fans by entering 2009 with the worst tackle situation in the league even before Langston Walker was released.

Calling Jamon Meredith a late round talent shows how little you actually know about him.