***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

look at that third quarterfinal game!

:P

What a huge game for my "heritage" team...Argentina is my pick to win it all, but obviously I'm hoping for the upset! With "Air" Klose in the lineup, we're able to put it in the net at any time, but so can Maradonna's boys. It's going to be hard for me not to check in on this thread or sneak a peek at ESPN, cause I have to work until 6p on saturday :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

What a huge game for my "heritage" team...Argentina is my pick to win it all, but obviously I'm hoping for the upset! With "Air" Klose in the lineup, we're able to put it in the net at any time, but so can Maradonna's boys. It's going to be hard for me not to check in on this thread or sneak a peek at ESPN, cause I have to work until 6p on saturday :lol:

I'm terrified of Germany, they are a great opponent, they never quit, if they're up they give you nothing and if they're down they won't give up and will keep coming at you.

It will be a great game.

I'm terrified of Germany, they are a great opponent, they never quit, if they're up they give you nothing and if they're down they won't give up and will keep coming at you.

It will be a great game.

Meh. The Germans will always have Grosso memories in their head :P

You know I just watched a BBC documentary of the Germany - Italy back in 2006. I think what really stood out for me was the refs. For me, the Mexican ref kept the pace going, did not ruin the game by making any boneheaded calls and let them play. There were a few iffy calls on both ends but that's sport.

Amazing how difficult it is to find another referee like that.

Reuters: Two in three people want video replays, [globalized] poll shows

The New York-based Nielsen Company surveyed 27,000 people in 55 countries on questions related to soccer's biggest event, including whether referees should have video replays to help them make close calls.

Sixty-five percent of them backed the use of video replays at the World Cup.

Can you imagine the hype and excitement IF the USA had defeated

Ghana last Sat. ?? It would have been unreal.

Germany ...Argentina is THE match I want to watch...

and will be the game I can watch since I'll be at MIL's house.

She has BASIC cable, which means no ESPN...

Channels 2--22,,3 are shopping channels and 3 are local

access channels...Nothing is more exciting than watching the

Lockport town council meetings...

Can you imagine the hype and excitement IF the USA had defeated

Ghana last Sat. ?? It would have been unreal.

Germany ...Argentina is THE match I want to watch...

and will be the game I can watch since I'll be at MIL's house.

Channels 2--22,,3 are shopping channels and 3 are local

access channels...Nothing is more exciting than watching the

Lockport town council meetings...

that would be crazy huge! Something like no other sport does. I watched the game in New Haven and tried to watch at Anna Liffeys- and couldn't even get in. So I went to a bigger bar and barely squeezed in. Both places were rocking! This country would go nuts if won last week!

...I'll be at MIL's house.

Channels 2--22...

You might have a Univision or Telemundo on there with coverage of the early game.

And yes, if USA had gotten past Ghana, it would be madness. Facing Uruguay with a chance to see the semifinals would be beautiful. It breaks my heart.

It will be a great game.

I really like the aggressive aspect of the Germans, too....and I like the mix of veterans and youngsters. But Argentina just has mad skills. I still have that Maxi Rodriguez goal in my brain from the last WC....one of the best trap/volleys I've ever seen. We always have a fighting chance when we have Klose involved on set pieces, but wow....I dunno about this one. If this were the group stage I'd still be stoked, but since we're in the elimination bracket I expect this match to be GREAT. Hopefully the refs will be a non-factor and the best team will win. As I said earlier, I'm pulling for the Germans, but I just have a feeling that Argentina will take it all this year. Can't wait!!!

Pfffff!

2 out of 3 people also believe that ghosts are real, Jesus has a batphone to the president and "male enhancement" works. :rolleyes:

:unsure:

Why it's called "Soccer"

To trace the origin of “soccer” we must go all the way back to 1863, and a meeting of gentlemen at a London pub, who congregated with the purpose of standardizing the rules of “football,” which was in its infant years as an organized sport but was growing rapidly in popularity.

Those assembled became the founding members of the Football Association (which still oversees the game in England to this day). And they decided to call their code Association Football, to differentiate it from Rugby Football.

A quirk of British culture is the permanent need to familiarize names by shortening them.... “They took the third, fourth and fifth letters of Association and called it SOCcer. So there you are.”

Anything can happen in fútbol.

Dunga has been criticized for the last 4 years for his "tactical approach".

If they don't win this game, you can bet he will be let go right away.

Sad as he is a great player.

Dunga has been criticized for the last 4 years for his "tactical approach".

If they don't win this game, you can bet he will be let go right away.

Sad as he is a great player.

He was pioneer for Brazil, manning that 5 position, the guy was a general in the middle of the field. As a coach he's not much different from the last two previous regimes.

They can critize his players selections but since 1994 Brazil plays a very well defined brand of fútbol, that is, counter strike when playing against storied teams or solid teams. because they are the best team in the planet they could do that very well, but at times things like today can happen.