Tim Graham and Ricky Williams

LOL. Now we know why Timmy G got a little cranky here. He needed his spiritual food with Ricky. But in all seriousness, anyone notice the cougar in the back of the pic? She looks a tad worn and beaten with big fakes. Perfect definition of a cougar.

:worthy:

i'm gonna have to disagree with you there. I think tim did what he had to do to get a story. That all said, I think Ricky caught a bum wrap for a drug that is more of a muscle relaxer and pain reliever than a hard drug or performance enhancer. Because of his suspension, Williams has become a more balanced and stronger man as a result. Still, I think even the most generous person on the board would have to at least call him eccentric.

Meditation can be a wonderful experience. Very calming, soothing, relaxing, and energizing. If people start to claim things beyond that, though, they appear quite kooky to me.

I applaud Tim for going beyond what most reporters would do to get a good story about a very interesting athlete.

And anyone who thinks meditation is "mental" is a bit shallow, to say the least.

You may say I've been in California too long, but getting in touch with your spiritual side can yield great results. Ricky Williams is way ahead of the curve in that arena compared to his peers. Meditation is just one of the paths/opportunities to do so.

You've been in California too long…

I find the subjects of meditation, yoga, and chi kung to be fascinating. It's interesting that Buddhists and Hindus have such similar healing arts. The idea of Dan tians in chi kung are very similar to chakras in yoga.

I'd like to try them all some day. When I'm not so busy, tired, and stressed out.

JK, Beast Mode.

I applaud Tim for going beyond what most reporters would do to get a good story about a very interesting athlete.

Though you have to admit, he looks pretty damn bored in that pic. He's definitely not feeling it like Rickey or Dyan Cannon. :worthy:

i'm gonna have to disagree with you there. I think tim did what he had to do to get a story. That all said, I think Ricky caught a bum wrap for a drug that is more of a muscle relaxer and pain reliever than a hard drug or performance enhancer. Because of his suspension, Williams has become a more balanced and stronger man as a result. Still, I think even the most generous person on the board would have to at least call him eccentric.

yep . . . an eccentric doper . . . that's ricky alright

You have to hand it to Ricky, not many have the strength to be their own man in the stereotype that is the NFL, especially when their beliefs are so far left of commonly held social norms. I applaud TG for having the intestinal fortitude to write the piece in a way that could open him up to ridicule as well, instead of taking a cheap shot at William's "eccentricities."

The way I look at it, if this keeps Ricky below the radar and this thing works for him, too bad for opposing teams...and the chumps that called me crazy last year when I picked him up in fantasy football (ff) and then made the playoffs. BTW - if you played played ff, you know you started any running back going against the Bills.