Heartless,evil post

Right. We're practically overrun with them. Of course at the same time, you're posting how no one has any money.

Estate taxes are immoral. You taxed me once when I made the money. You have no right to take what is mine again just because I die.

Trust fund babies are just terrorizing the world just like the crack babies.

I think babies are the problem imho.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing about this equation above is you often reference rich kids...however, the primary heirs are generally middle aged and older people wtih the "kids" of the equation usually getting small amounts of money in comparison to the main beneficiaries, and often that money is released later in life, in portions, or both. So, how someone (like the poster I replied to) can basically imply that heirs are just being handed everything on a silver platter is rediculous when you consider the vast majority of the major benefactors are older adults already settled into their lives.

As far as the government taxing to control productivity of offspring of the wealthy...well, the government literally should have NO right whatsoever to control society on a level like that. That is not their place to come in and "control" their lives in a way that they see fit. There is no logical argument that can justify the governments attempts to control the lives of the heirs of wealthy families...it goes againt everything this county is supposed to stand for.

Is it your belief that they don't receive any benefits from being born wealthy before their 50's and 60's? It is possible that Paris Hilton could survive that long.

Our fundamental difference here is that it seems you believe that being born wealthy gives someone little advantage over the rest of society and I believe it gives them a great advantage. You are for an Aristocracy and I'm for a Meritocracy. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Rfeynman, you make conner look smart.

It's amazing how much you advocate taking what's not yours away from someone.

Cheers Commie :wallbash:

Coming from you I take that as a complement. Cheers masochistic egomaniac. :bag:

Is it your belief that they don't receive any benefits from being born wealthy before their 50's and 60's? It is possible that Paris Hilton could survive that long.

Our fundamental difference here is that it seems you believe that being born wealthy gives someone little advantage over the rest of society and I believe it gives them a great advantage. You are for an Aristocracy and I'm for a Meritocracy. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Coming from you I take that as a complement. Cheers masochistic egomaniac. :bag:

Me masochistic egomaniac?

:wallbash:

Me masochistic egomaniac?

:wallbash:

masochist

Main Entry: mas·och·ism

Pronunciation: \ˈma-sə-ˌki-zəm, ˈma-zə- also ˈmā-\

Function: noun

Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary, from Leopold von Sacher-Masoch †1895 German novelist

Date: 1892

1 : a sexual perversion characterized by pleasure in being subjected to pain or humiliation especially by a love object — compare sadism

2 : pleasure in being abused or dominated : a taste for suffering

— mas·och·ist \-kist\ noun

— mas·och·is·tic \ˌma-sə-ˈkis-tik, ˌma-zə- also ˌmā-\ adjective

— mas·och·is·ti·cal·ly \-ˈkis-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

egomaniac

Main Entry: ego·ma·nia

Pronunciation: \ˌē-gō-ˈmā-nē-ə, -nyə\

Date: 1825

: the quality or state of being extremely egocentric

— ego·ma·ni·ac \-nē-ˌak\ noun

— ego·ma·ni·a·cal \-mə-ˈnī-ə-kəl\ adjective

— ego·ma·ni·a·cal·ly \-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

egocentric

Main Entry: ego·cen·tric

Pronunciation: \ˌē-gō-ˈsen-trik also ˌe-\

Function: adjective

Date: 1894

1 : concerned with the individual rather than society

2 : taking the ego as the starting point in philosophy

3 a : limited in outlook or concern to one's own activities or needs b : self-centered, selfish

— egocentric noun

— ego·cen·tri·cal·ly \-tri-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

— ego·cen·tric·i·ty \-ˌsen-ˈtri-sə-tē\ noun

— ego·cen·trism \-ˈsen-ˌtri-zəm\ noun

I am not super-wealthy, I'm not even close. I have no problem taxing the living daylights out of some very rich dude who, frankly, can't take it with him (or her).

I love how easy it is for people who are "not even close" to being wealthy to have "no problem taxing the living daylights" out of the wealthy. How convenient for you. I'll at least give you credit for not even hesitating to admit you have NO problem with the government grabbing something that doesn't belong to them simply because someone is dead and can't take it with them.

Unfreakingbelievable.

masochist

Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary, from Leopold von Sacher-Masoch †1895 German novelist

1 : a sexual perversion characterized by pleasure in being subjected to pain or humiliation especially by a love object — compare sadism

egomaniac

egocentric

3 a : limited in outlook or concern to one's own activities or needs b : self-centered, selfish

— egocentric noun

assuming you're not a self-loathing kennedy kid, you might qualify as egocentric under 3a and b, no?

masochist

egomaniac

egocentric

— egocentric noun

I know what it means comrade.

I love how easy it is for people who are "not even close" to being wealthy to have "no problem taxing the living daylights" out of the wealthy. How convenient for you. I'll at least give you credit for not even hesitating to admit you have NO problem with the government grabbing something that doesn't belong to them simply because someone is dead and can't take it with them.

Unfreakingbelievable.

By your definition the government isn't entitled to any money from people and I believe they are. I want them to protect me with a strong military and local police force. I want the FBI to have the best crime busting technology available to man. I like smooth roads to drive on, I want to make sure that there is an institution that sets guidelines and safety requirements for airplanes, I want my streets cleaned, I want smooth traffic flow, I want good schools, I want to be sure that the food I eat is safe and there are a lot of other things I pay the government to do for me. I want those things so they are entitled to some of my money to pay for them. If you like those things too then realize somebody pays for them.

Also, why do you want this country to become an aristocracy and not a meritocracy?

I love how easy it is for people to deny the huge advantages the wealthy have over everybody in society.

I know what it means comrade.

Now that I've spelled it out for you you do. :cry:

What's really funny is that you don't seem to know what communism is. :cry:

By your definition the government isn't entitled to any money from people and I believe they are. I want them to protect me with a strong military and local police force. I want the FBI to have the best crime busting technology available to man. I like smooth roads to drive on, I want to make sure that there is an institution that sets guidelines and safety requirements for airplanes, I want my streets cleaned, I want smooth traffic flow, I want good schools, I want to be sure that the food I eat is safe and there are a lot of other things I pay the government to do for me. I want those things so they are entitled to some of my money to pay for them. If you like those things too then realize somebody pays for them.

Also, why do you want this country to become an aristocracy and not a meritocracy?

I love how easy it is for people to deny the huge advantages the wealthy have over everybody in society.

Now that I've spelled it out for you you do. :cry:

What's really funny is that you don't seem to know what communism is. :cry:

i asked in an earlier post and might have missed it---but how much extra did you send uncle sam last year for the greater good?

l

First off...that what they got TAXED for when they EARNED the money in the first place...double taxation is total BS...the government needs to stop spending money like its going to go stales on bull **** like make believe wars and they wouldnt have to steal money they dont deserve from when people pass on.

Secondly, I am just being honest here, it sure sounds like you want to make excuses for not being wealthy or something. You act like because people dont come from financially succesful families cant make it in life and that people who come from financially succesful families get an unfair advantage because their families found financial success. People who sit their and point fingers at people with money saying they only have it because they had it easier are usually people just trying to justify where they are in their own lives saying we had it too hard...we didnt have the same advantages and crap...well bullsh*t...a person makes their own advantages.

One of the wealthiest friends I have came straight from South Central LA and a broken home with a dead beat dad who left him and a mom who was a junkie. He didnt let that stop him...he decided thats not the life he wanted, worked his ass off and now runs a very succesful company in Los Angeles and he is only 32 years old. He is in negotiation to sell it for 8 figures...so what should do once he has all that money? Give it away so self righteous people like you dont judge his kids because their dad did well for himself? I mean WTF...

So spare us the pity the poor crap and screw the rich as if providing for your family is some kind bad thing. You and I both know dam well that if you were one of the people inheriting money like this and had to give 55% of it to the government that you would be in an uproar.

I also love how you carefully select which posts to reply to and complete ignore the ones that destroy this theory of yours, like the one I put up pointing out that its NOT YOUNG ADULTS or KIDS getting the inheritance in most cases as most of the people passing on this kind of wealth are pretty old and are leaving to people in their 50's and 60's who already have carved out their own lives in the first place.

First off...that what they got TAXED for when they EARNED the money in the first place...double taxation is total BS...the government needs to stop spending money like its going to go stales on bull **** like make believe wars and they wouldnt have to steal money they dont deserve from when people pass on.

Secondly, I am just being honest here, it sure sounds like you want to make excuses for not being wealthy or something. You act like because people dont come from financially succesful families cant make it in life and that people who come from financially succesful families get an unfair advantage because their families found financial success. People who sit their and point fingers at people with money saying they only have it because they had it easier are usually people just trying to justify where they are in their own lives saying we had it too hard...we didnt have the same advantages and crap...well bullsh*t...a person makes their own advantages.

One of the wealthiest friends I have came straight from South Central LA and a broken home with a dead beat dad who left him and a mom who was a junkie. He didnt let that stop him...he decided thats not the life he wanted, worked his ass off and now runs a very succesful company in Los Angeles and he is only 32 years old. He is in negotiation to sell it for 8 figures...so what should do once he has all that money? Give it away so self righteous people like you dont judge his kids because their dad did well for himself? I mean WTF...

So spare us the pity the poor crap and screw the rich as if providing for your family is some kind bad thing. You and I both know dam well that if you were one of the people inheriting money like this and had to give 55% of it to the government that you would be in an uproar.

I also love how you carefully select which posts to reply to and complete ignore the ones that destroy this theory of yours, like the one I put up pointing out that its NOT YOUNG ADULTS or KIDS getting the inheritance in most cases as most of the people passing on this kind of wealth are pretty old and are leaving to people in their 50's and 60's who already have carved out their own lives in the first place.

a friend of a friend of mine has a similar philosophical approach to life as rfey. someone's got it better, someone had it easier, someone doesn't do their part, someone owes someone else something more. i guess i can understand it if mother theresa says it, but "wealthy" is really a relative term. this other fellow is a CPA, makes pretty good coin, though not anything that puts him the stratosphere. his approach is that indeed, people making more than the oft-referenced $250k need to do more. it doesn't matter that they already do, it only seems to matter that they have more than he does, thus the burden must rightly be shifted to them. at the same time---when i asked him for some feedback on his personal plan to assist those less fortunate, he opted to do what comes natural to those caught in a pickle. he suggested that he couldn't possibly do more because he needed to save for the new car he liked to buy every 4 years. when i suggested that he might better hold off on that new car purchase for 6 years and give that extra money to those less fortunate----he didn't think that was so fair. when i suggested that instead of maxing out his contributions to his retirement plan, he send that extra money in to help the downtrodden--well he thought that was a bad idea too.

it's an endless loop of pretzel logic, really. i think some people find it natural to see people they perceive to have more as somehow having gotten one over on them, and phrases like "silver spoon" get tossed around.

the attitude generally changes when those behind rfey and my-unable-to-do-anymore-because-i-need-my-new-smell-prius start asking them to contribute a bit more.

Yeah, well, we all try to do our part.

Out of curiosity, are you one of the 4 million Alaskan pilots? I get the transportation side of it, but I've always been kinda amazed by how many people fly up there.

Well your numbers are a little off since Alaska has a total population of about 600,000,but yes I am a pilot. Not much in the way of roads West of Anchorage.

Who Rules America?

"According to a study published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, only 1.6% of Americans receive $100,000 or more in inheritance. Another 1.1% receive $50,000 to $100,000. On the other hand, 91.9% receive nothing (Kotlikoff & Gokhale, 2000). Thus, the attempt by ultra-conservatives to eliminate inheritance taxes -- which they always call "death taxes" for P.R. reasons -- would take a huge bite out of government revenues for the benefit of less than 1% of the population. (It is noteworthy that some of the richest people in the country oppose this ultra-conservative initiative, suggesting that this effort is driven by anti-government ideology. In other words, few of the ultra-conservatives behind the effort will benefit from it in any material way.)"

How much the tax is has nothing to do with whether or not the Bills stay in Buffalo. That decision will be made by the new owners. Ralph's family is selling the team when he dies and nothing will change that.

As for the inheritance tax, Ralph bought the Bills for $25,000 and they are now worth almost a billion. He hasn't paid any tax on that gain. When he dies the family will be expected to pay taxes owed. By getting rid of the inheritance tax the country would be losing all of the tax revenue it would get at all. There is nothing wrong with that tax.

(I don't really believe that all of somebodies goods should be taken away when they die I'm illustrating a hypocrisy.)

I find it laughable how some people cry about the inheritance tax in one breath and then proclaim that only people who work hard make it. Well then, I say take it all away from their kids and let their kids work hard to make it. They'd be starting at a much higher level than the vast majority of people by having private school educations, expensive college degrees and a social networking tree that the vast majority of Americans could only wish for. Oddly though nobody seems to be for that idea. I guess working hard to get it all isn't that an attractive idea to the richest who espouse it.

BTW, I think this thread belongs in PPP. JMO

Let's recap... You posted "BTW, I think this thread belongs in PPP. JMO", after delivering a screed.

You now repeat the same screed. Disingenuous - at best. :cry:

I was talking about the oil thread.

Do you read or better yet remember your own posts?

The oil thread?

i asked in an earlier post and might have missed it---but how much extra did you send uncle sam last year for the greater good?

l

I didn't, but I'm not a millionaire. If I won the lottery I wouldn't take any tax deductions because I think the current rate for the uber wealthy is about right where it should be, without deductions. You are trying to twist my words to make it look like I support the government taking ALL of somebodies estate. I don't.

You might as well just cut the checks directly to the poor souls rather than go on a political initiative to have the government bill you for it. It seems your distaste for government doesn't include them raising your taxes in order to give the top 2% a significant tax break. Assuming you're one of the 98%.

So how much are you sending to the kids of the uber rich who've suffered the loss of money due to the estate tax?

How many times do we need to go through this? :cry: The majority of this stuff has NEVER been taxed!!! :cry: Do you think RW's family shouldn't pay anything on the almost billion dollar profit he's made on the Bills? Taxes he would have owed if he sold the Bills the day before his death? If, God forbid, your friend died before selling the business do you believe his family should pay tax on the sale? Taxes that had he not died he'd be paying mostly anyway? The double tax BS is a propaganda tool to make it sound like double taxing when that's far from the truth. If you choose to buy that lie that's up to you but don't make me pay higher taxes to make up the difference of lost revenue, Shilly. Keep buying that old company line no matter how much it's a lie.

I admire people who work hard and make it. There is no denying though that had he born to Donald Trump his life would have been so much easier.

So spare us the pity the rich crap and screw the poor as if not being born wealthy is a good thing.

No, we both don't know that. In fact Bill Gates and WB's kids don't seem to be and I wouldn't either. If I was some kind of self entitled lazy ass Paris Hilton wannabe I would cry about it. According to someone in this thread BG's kids will get $10 million when he dies instead of the billions they would have gotten, even after the estate taxes. Somehow BG realizes that $10 million is a $#!+load of money and more than enough to set them up for life. I can't even remember Paris Hilton bitching about the estate taxes. I guess she's less whiny than you are.

You want a few people in the country to control the wealth and therefore become rulers of the country. I don't. Your buddy was able to make it because we live in a land where the wealth isn't concentrated and upward mobility is possible. We live in a meritocracy and not an aristocracy and that is as it should be. If money is so much more important to you than country leave. I'd be more than happy to pay more if it guaranteed that the whiny uber rich apologists like you left and were never heard from again. We don't need self centered money hungry people anyway, we need people committed to building a stronger country not somebody crying about only receiving a half a billion dollars for free instead of a full billion.

You should start a charity to help them pay off these unfair taxes. :cry: I'll help you by writing your first TV ad for you. Look at the bottom of this post for it.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound by your reverse Robin Hood logic? You make it sound like it sucks to be very rich. Are you one of the guys who would have to pony up significant money that you never earned if the estate tax returns? Because that's how you come off. How do you make your money and how much of what you have did you earn?

Before accusing me of ignoring questions maybe you should read my posts first. Lookie below. Then lookie at the time it was posted. Go back to make sure I didn't fudge anything about the times. Come back and read again. Do you see that I DID respond to your question so stop accusing me of ignoring questions and read things.

So here's a question for you to not ignore. How much money are you sending to the people who've suffered at the hands of an evil estate taxing government?

Coming from you I take that as a complement. Cheers masochistic egomaniac. ;)

Who's denying that the wealthy have advantages? Isn't that the incentive to become wealthy? :worthy:

Alphadawg7 seems to believe that being born wealthy is a curse that holds people back or something like that. :unsure:

Do you read or better yet remember your own posts?

The oil thread?

Sorry, I could have been more precise; The Unintended consequences of the BP Oil Disaster

The first commercial for the "Hood Robin Foundation";

(Camera zooms in on a man emerging from a Mercedes with expensive tennis clothes on and a racket in hand)

Voiceover: This is Bobby Richass. (The man opens the trunk and removes some golf clubs and luggage.) What you are witnessing is the sale of Bobby's third car. One of his most prized possessions, his 1954 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing Coupe. This is one of the gifts he received for his graduation from high school. Why is he selling such a prized possession, one with so many happy memories? He has to because his dad died.

You see Bobby's dad ended up being worth 3 Billion dollars after his death and the government ran in and took $1.5 billion. (Overlay of colorized footage of Nazis storming business' during kristallnacht) Unfortunately Bobby's father never set up shell game tax dodges so now Bobby is suffering because his bank account is tapped out. Sure he has almost a billion dollars worth of investments but now would be a very bad time to sell them. In addition to losing the 1.5 billion stolen by the (More footage of kristallnacht) government he would lose at least another 5 million off his initial investment if he sold any the investments he wouldn't mind parting with now. So in order to have cash on hand he has to sell this car, the car he loves so much. The car is worth $800,000 but Bobby is so hard up for cash he is selling it for $500,000. Why? Because he has too. Country club memberships and European getaways aren't free. In fact last year Bobby spent over $500,000 on his leisure activities alone. (More kristallnacht footage)

Just last week Bobby's Gold Mastercard was declined due to his being over limit and, in front of his date, he had to use another card!! (footage of simulated dinner incident with Bobby handing another card to the waiter and putting his head in his hands and crying from embarrassment. The woman politely excuses herself and walks away shaking her head at what a loser he is.)

Every year almost 10's of people are affected by the "death tax" and every year those people's lives are destroyed. If you were never left with $1.5 billion after your parents die...(Camera zooms in on a closeup of Bobby's face all sad and despondent) "Lucky you."

If you sympathize with Bobby send a check or money order to the "Hood Robin Foundation" p/o box 666 Beverly Hills California 90210, or call 1-800-IMA-SHIL and pay by credit card. (Bobby hands the keys over to a skeevy looking dude and runs away crying) Fade out.

Do you think RW's family shouldn't pay anything on the almost billion dollar profit he's made on the Bills? Taxes he would have owed if he sold the Bills the day before his death? If, God forbid, your friend died before selling the business do you believe his family should pay tax on the sale? Taxes that had he not died he'd be paying mostly anyway? The double tax BS is a propaganda tool to make it sound like double taxing when that's far from the truth. If you choose to buy that lie that's up to you but don't make me pay higher taxes to make up the difference of lost revenue, Shilly. Keep buying that old company line no matter how much it's a lie.

You do realize that the profit of 1B that you speak of is already taxed right? It doesn't sound like you get that.

On top of taxing that, when RW dies and tries to give what's left to his kids--that money gets taxed a second time because it's passing to his kids.

You bring up this aristocracy/meritocracy BS. Part of what makes this a meritocracy is that if I die with a few million in the bank, I die happy to be able to give what I earned to my children. That, in my mind, being one of the greatest things I can do with the money I earned. But instead of doing that--the government, which already grabbed 40+% of my money as I made it, taxes me just because I've died. It's ridiculous and has nothing to do with merit/aristocracy and everything to do with a money grab.

But I know that we're overrun with trust fund babies right? That's one of the best lines ever!

I love how the least meritorious people always B word about the lack of meritocracy. While you're whining about other people's money, others are actually out showing off their merit and funding all the people who provide little to no value.

Link? Sounds like some wealthy people donating to a charity to me. Those rotten, greedy rich people!

that's kinda the point...you and the rest of the unwashed masses aren't meant to know about it or at least aren't considered rich enough to need to know ..until they dole out the percentage of gate they collect and congratulate each other very publicly...then they want everyone to know. google "the olde farm".