Heartless,evil post

The country is broke. You are basically advocating that the super wealthy should pay less. That is utterly foolish.

Pay less??????? average income and above earners are already payin for everything that the government doesn't put on it's open ended charge card.

Get half a brain, this is not sustainable, the system as we know it will collapse under it's own bureaucratic weight.

When the tipping point comes and the "world" is in chaos .....told ya so.....

The idiology that goverment , or society in general ( for all the religious brotherhood crowd)can take care of even the basic needs of all the worlds needy billions is crazy. Sorry but as with all life on earth survival goes to the most fit, most lucky, most prepared ect. Not those getting or giving the biggest handout.

Wants some more.. lets open our borders to everyone , that way we can all live in a third world country.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, I put this in the wrong thread and moved it here but somebody deleted it. So I'll post it here and delete it from the other thread.

A long Mercedes stretch limo pulls up outside of Sheeple's house. A man exits..."

Let's recap... You posted "BTW, I think this thread belongs in PPP. JMO", after delivering a screed.

You now repeat the same screed. Disingenuous - at best. :wacko:

Pay less??????? average income and above earners are already payin for everything that the government doesn't put on it's open ended charge card.

Get half a brain, this is not sustainable, the system as we know it will collapse under it's own bureaucratic weight.

When the tipping point comes and the "world" is in chaos .....told ya so.....

The idiology that goverment , or society in general ( for all the religious brotherhood crowd)can take care of even the basic needs of all the worlds needy billions is crazy. Sorry but as with all life on earth survival goes to the most fit, most lucky, most prepared ect. Not those getting or giving the biggest handout.

Wants some more.. lets open our borders to everyone , that way we can all live in a third world country.

Yes pay less, is that hard to fathom? If we give these big tax cuts to the wealthy where do you propose the money should be made up from. Don't say cutting spending because both the Republicans and Democrats have proven that will never happen. After all we live in the USA, not fantasy land.

Yes pay less, is that hard to fathom? If we give these big tax cuts to the wealthy where do you propose the money should be made up from. Don't say cutting spending because both the Republicans and Democrats have proven that will never happen. After all we live in the USA, not fantasy land.

You do realize the estate tax is revenue-neutral right?

Well, I put this in the wrong thread and moved it here but somebody deleted it. So I'll post it here and delete it from the other thread.

A long Mercedes stretch limo pulls up outside of Sheeple's house. A man exits the drivers door wearing a black hat with a highly polished brim. He is wearing a black jacket and black bowtie over a starched white shirt. His crisp black pants hide the upper portions of highly polished black shoes. He walks around to the back passenger door and opens it up. Loud sounds of partying can be heard with raucous laughter.

A man emerges in disheveled business dress. He stumbles out of the car holding a glass of champagne. He takes a minute to gain his balance with the help of his Chauffeur. He stumbles up to Sheeple's door and rings the bell.

Sheeple: "Can I help you?"

Bobby Richass: "Yeah, you sure can. My name is Bobby Richass and my dad died last year."

Sheeple: "I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been devastating."

Bobby: "Thank you it was. I've heard you're one of the few people who truly understand the plight of the uber rich and so I've come to talk to you. You see the government took half of my fathers estate in taxes last year."

Sheeple: "I know I'm working to make people understand how wrong that is."

Bobby: "I know dude but, that doesn't help me NOW! !@#$ing dad died at 11:59 December 31st 2009. We kept that bastard alive as long as we could and just one minute shy of no estate taxes the !@#$ dies. Do you have any idea what a six month hospital stay costs!!"(He turns his champagne glass up and drains it and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.) "So knowing you are a compassionate conservative I'm hoping you'll help me out. I already had to sell the fourth home in Barbados to pay those overtaxing bastards and now I'm very close to not being able to afford the renovation on the third house in Hawaii. Anyway I'm in a hurry."

(A young buxom woman rolls down the back window and shouts at him.)

Buxom chick: Baaahhbbbbeeee, we're gonna miss the plane!!

Bobby: Relax I own the damn plane it isn't going anywhere without us. (He turns back to Sheeple) Look, I need a half a billion dollars to keep my head above water. I know you can't afford that right now but send me a hundred bucks a month and we'll be cool man. I already stopped by another Sheeples house and they agreed to it."

Sheeple: "Well sir, I'm not a hypocrite. Let me get my checkbook."

Bobby: "Look man I can't wait. I've got people to do places to go." (He snickers at his own joke and flicks a business card into the house.) "Send it to my accountant he'll take care of it. Oh by the way can you just sign this commitment contract first."

Sheeple: "Yes sir!" (Smiling he signs the contract) "Hey maybe some time I can come down and see the house in Hawaii."

Bobby: "Look guy I'm gonna be honest with you. That's not gonna happen." (He puts the contract in his coat and walks away. He stops and turns around) "Hey are there any other idio..compassionate conservatives in this neighborhood? I don't have time to talk to them but if you could go around to your friend's houses and give them my accountants address I'd really appreciate it."

Sheeple: "Yes sir, I'd be happy to do that for you!" (He gives him the thumbs up and smiles.)

Buxom chick: "Baaaaahhhbeee!"

Bobby: "Jesus Christ can't you wait a minute." (The chauffeur opens the back door, lets Bobby in and then speeds away.)

(Sheeple's wife comes up behind him. He tells her what just happened.)

Wife: "WHAT THE !@#$ DID YOU JUST DO!! WE HAVE THE MORTGAGE DUE THIS WEEK!!!"

Sheeple: (Rolling eyes) "Relax, I'm not writing the check from our savings account it's coming from Jimmy's college fund. Someday Jimmy is gonna make it big through hard work and he'll thank me for it." (Sheeple's wife runs upstairs and grabs a pistol. She runs downstairs and while Sheeple stares blankly into space admiring the great work he's just done she puts the gun against the back of his head and pulls the trigger.)

(Cue "Don't stop believing" by Journey)

It's almost difficult to imagine that this is the level of debate that some folks are working on in a discussion such as this.

Perhaps if more of us woke up to the reality that you can't spend what you don't have and just hand the bill off to the rich (eventually you run them out of the country and get and inflated % of zero) and start voting responsibly (as opposed to a political party, a pet cause, or whoever you think sounds good reading a speech) then maybe we can abandon Santa Clause politics and get some fiscal sanity in place.

As a non-wealthy I, as well as most fiscal libertarians, are not terribly concerned with the victimization of the richest among us, but am simply aware of the fact that you can only squeeze those guys so much before it has a negative ripple effect.

You do realize the estate tax is revenue-neutral right?

No I don't because you're wrong. Do you realize you're wrong?

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/articl...=164871,00.html

Estate Tax

The Estate Tax is a tax on your right to transfer property at your death. It consists of an accounting of everything you own or have certain interests in at the date of death (Refer to Form 706 (PDF)). The fair market value of these items is used, not necessarily what you paid for them or what their values were when you acquired them. The total of all of these items is your "Gross Estate." The includible property may consist of cash and securities, real estate, insurance, trusts, annuities, business interests and other assets.

Once you have accounted for the Gross Estate, certain deductions (and in special circumstances, reductions to value) are allowed in arriving at your "Taxable Estate." These deductions may include mortgages and other debts, estate administration expenses, property that passes to surviving spouses and qualified charities. The value of some operating business interests or farms may be reduced for estates that qualify.

After the net amount is computed, the value of lifetime taxable gifts (beginning with gifts made in 1977) is added to this number and the tax is computed. The tax is then reduced by the available unified credit. Presently, the amount of this credit reduces the computed tax so that only total taxable estates and lifetime gifts that exceed $1,000,000 will actually have to pay tax. In its current form, the estate tax only affects the wealthiest 2 percent of all Americans.

Most relatively simple estates (cash, publicly traded securities, small amounts of other easily valued assets, and no special deductions or elections, or jointly held property) do not require the filing of an estate tax return. A filing is required for estates with combined gross assets and prior taxable gifts exceeding $1,500,000 in 2004 - 2005; $2,000,000 in 2006 - 2008; and $3,500,000 effective for decedents dying on or after January 1, 2009.

It's almost difficult to imagine that this is the level of debate that some folks are working on in a discussion such as this.

Don't like satire do you? How much are you planning to send to the rich dudes who are overtaxed this year? Just curious.

Perhaps if more of us woke up to the reality that you can't spend what you don't have and just hand the bill off to the rich (eventually you run them out of the country and get and inflated % of zero) and start voting responsibly (as opposed to a political party, a pet cause, or whoever you think sounds good reading a speech) then maybe we can abandon Santa Clause politics and get some fiscal sanity in place.

As a non-wealthy I, as well as most fiscal libertarians, are not terribly concerned with the victimization of the richest among us, but am simply aware of the fact that you can only squeeze those guys so much before it has a negative ripple effect.

You're tilting at windmills, that will never happen. Most politicians are re-elected on their ability to steer pork locally. The taxes on the rich in this country are among the lowest in the world, IIRC.

Yes, double taxation. It's what this country was founded on :wallbash:

Dude how are capital gains from stock sales and, in the case of RW, sales from business ventures double taxing? Ralph has never paid taxes on the value of the Bills franchise because it's only paid when it's sold. The same goes for capital gains on previously unsold stocks. Stop parroting the party line and think first.

I assume this is sarcasm, but liberalism = help sick and poor = Jesus is kind of simple.

Jesus said to give of yourself and do the right thing, not to force others to do what you think the right thing is. His religion is based on you the individual having the free will upon which you will be judged. Liberalism, whether you're for or against it, is the abolition of free will to one extent or another.

Religion should be a private endeavor isn't an exclusively liberal idea. (I'd actually argue that liberals are all for state religion as long as it is their religion, but that's a whole other thesis in itself)

yea, i'm confident he was for capital punishment (given his experience with it), gun (or sword) rights and survival of the fittest (that whole evolution question is so troublesome)... and while there may be conservatives who favor private religion, there is that whole "moral majority" thing....

You're tilting at windmills, that will never happen. Most politicians are re-elected on their ability to steer pork locally. The taxes on the rich in this country are among the lowest in the world, IIRC.

Which might well be why our economy is larger than the next 3 largest in the world combined.

One thing that really bothers me about estate tax on top of the double taxation aspect (and yes I'm familiar with the capital gains argument) is the fact that a lot of non-rich people get lumped into that. If you have 4 kids and have a million $ estate, that's not rich.

It's a great way to leave your earnings to your children in hopes that they can have a boost to help them when you're not around. The idea that the state can confiscate a significant portion of that to grease politicians palms, bribe the electorate with hand-outs, and bloat government pork projects sickens me.

Yes, double taxation. It's what this country was founded on :wallbash:

As noted several times above, in most cases of estates of the super rich it's not double taxation. The truly superwealthy (other than perhaps traders or entertainment folks) don't usually get that way through income from a job that is taxed, for ex., but from capital gains on a business or company (ie., increases in value over the period held). Since that is not taxed until sold or transferred or deemed transferred it has not yet been taxed. People can certainly have differing views on this issue, but let's get the facts straight.....

yea, i'm confident he was for capital punishment (given his experience with it), gun (or sword) rights and survival of the fittest (that whole evolution question is so troublesome)... and while there may be conservatives who favor private religion, there is that whole "moral majority" thing....

Jesus was for capital punishment!! :wallbash: Dude are you familiar with the "Thou shalt not kill" commandment? Priceless. Jesus is a bleeding heart liberal. Don't try to twist the words and actions of a wise man to fit your sick ideas of what is right and wrong.

Dude how are capital gains from stock sales and, in the case of RW, sales from business ventures double taxing? Ralph has never paid taxes on the value of the Bills franchise because it's only paid when it's sold. The same goes for capital gains on previously unsold stocks. Stop parroting the party line and think first.

Right. Because only people who agree with you think first. :wallbash:

I have never agreed with the government money grab on account of someone's death. Death Tax. Inheritance Tax. Transfer Tax. Call it whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Only 50% of people even pay Federal income tax anymore, so don't talk to me about how this or that isn't fair. People who earn more subsidize a lot of this country. And that, in my mind, is antithetical to what this country was founded on.

I think you need to address your obvious class envy issues. It's clouding your judgment.

Jesus was for capital punishment!! :wallbash: Dude are you familiar with the "Thou shalt not kill" commandment? Priceless. Jesus is a bleeding heart liberal. Don't try to twist the words and actions of a wise man to fit your sick ideas of what is right and wrong.

um....sarcasm. read it again