Woman charged with adultery for public sex in Batavia park

bbb

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why it smells so fishy to me (no pun intended).

It's an excessive charge, an outdated charge, that smacks of the officer wanting to either make an example of this chick or excessively punish her (again, no pun intended).

You could be right. My first reaction was that he was pissed that they were doing this in front of kids, so he threw any charge that he could think of at them.........But, since he did know her from previous incidences, it sure could be more to the story. And, maybe he had previous incidences with her while not in uniform.

You could be right. My first reaction was that he was pissed that they were doing this in front of kids, so he threw any charge that he could think of at them.........But, since he did know her from previous incidences, it sure could be more to the story. And, maybe he had previous incidences with her while not in uniform.

He wanted her publically humiliated.

He wanted her publically humiliated.

Absolutely. My question is why ...

It's my writer's brain having fun with the possibilities.

Maybe Crayonz knows! I'm sure he could come up with an interesting scenario. Or he'd just blame Googlebot.

Thank goodness we have a happy ending to the story, the husband has forgiven her and life goes on :wacko: How sweet!

In a related matter, I just told my secretary I'm taking the rest of the day off and will be in Batavia....

I don't see why people have a problem with her getting charged with adultery. After all, marriage is a legal union which stipulates both partners being faithful. I don't think that infidelity should go without legal consequences (though adultery is rarely so easy to prove as this).

EDIT: In Michigan, they can put you away for life. :wacko:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070206173058/...COL04/701150333

I don't see why people have a problem with her getting charged with adultery. After all, marriage is a legal union which stipulates both partners being faithful. I don't think that infidelity should go without legal consequences (though adultery is rarely so easy to prove as this).

For several reasons:

First, it's an excessive charge. The fact that she was arrested for having sex in public is proof enough for her husband if he decides to divorce her and wanted to prove infidelity.

Second, it's such an out-dated crime (by proof of how sparingly it's been used over the last 40 years). Is it illegal? Yes. Is it immoral? Certainly. But is it really something we want the authorities to police for us? It's a slippery slope.

settle down sparky. she's charged with a misdemeanor, i don't think Batavia allows public whippings unless it's a felony

So you support a big brother state where the police can arrest you for infidelity? I don't give a **** if its a misdemeanor or a verbal warning- it is none of the police's !@#$ing business what you do with your personal life!

So you support a big brother state where the police can arrest you for infidelity? I don't give a **** if its a misdemeanor or a verbal warning- it is none of the police's !@#$ing business what you do with your personal life!

Well, let's see. The police enforce the law, and adultery is against the law in New York State...soooo it seems like it IS the police's business.

:wallbash: there's nothing personal about a public park :bag:

EDIT: In Michigan, they can put you away for life. :wallbash:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070206173058/...COL04/701150333

And therein lies the problem. As long as we let the government continue to have a say on such personal matters as marriage, we shouldn't be too surprised when they enforce BS archaic laws like adultery.

But to get back on topic so this doesn't go to PPP, yes she's a hot cougar and yes I'd do her on a picnic table. But definitely not in public, and definitely not without a condom or two or three.