Please don't feed the trolls.

When obvious trolls come around the best thing, IMO, is to ignore them. Too many people here bother to respond to them and that just feeds their desire to come back. IMO, if somebody is suspected of being a troll just ignore them. If they get no response they'll leave and never come back because they won't be having any fun.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When obvious trolls come around the best thing, IMO, is to ignore them. Too many people here bother to respond to them and that just feeds their desire to come back. IMO, if somebody is suspected of being a troll just ignore them. If they get no response they'll leave and never come back because they won't be having any fun.

So you give them their own "tribute" thread? O-kaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

i then hesitate to respond to this, because haven't we all been waiting for you to leave, huh? :lol:

jw

i kid, kid.

IMO, if somebody is suspected of being a troll just ignore them. If they get no response they'll leave and never come back because they won't be having any fun.

We tried that with you Steely, but it didn't work.

To the poster, mpl6876: This thread and this post is directed at you…with all due respect.

in·sid·i·ous (n-sd-s)

adj.

1. Working or spreading harmfully in a subtle or stealthy manner: insidious rumors; an insidious disease.

2. Intended to entrap; treacherous: insidious misinformation.

3. Beguiling but harmful; alluring: insidious pleasures.

Chick/Dude,

Every night you come on here and load up the board with your insidious, stealthful posts. You claim to come as a friend, as a Bills fan. At first you would typically end your posts with, "I"m just expressing ten years of frustration" or something along those lines.

None of your posts by themselves mean anything. Lots of posters here are negative. But in aggregate your posts are insidious and dishonest. Like many, I have long suspected you were a troll.

Then a few nights ago you posted some comments and I attacked you. Luckily for you my attacks and your original posts were deleted by the mods. EastRochBillsfan was also involved in this exchange and witnessed your slimy, underhandedness.

These posts showed you in your true colors. You used phrases like "your team" and "that team" instead of your usual "our team" and "the Bills." You let your guard down and were clearly contemptuous of the Bills and the fans here. You are playing games with us and many here are onto you.

For people who are paying attention and are perceptive of such things, none of your writings ring true.

Even the many negative posters here leave in their posts, a clear and authentic flavor that they are Bills fans. Either through anecdotes about their Bills experiences, discussions about their favorite players, or in stories about Bills games, Western New York, or in clear recitals of moments in Bills' history that affected their lives, the great majority of the people here leave no doubt about their allegiances. We are Bills fans. You, for God knows what reason, only pretend to be.

You are like the character, Grima Wormtongue in Tolkein's books. In my opinion, you're a fake, a phony. We tolerate those who are openly fans of other teams. What we can't stand in our community is that lowest form of life, the fake fan.

You are insidious and passive/aggressive. You are a game player and a poseur. You purport to be a friend. But you are not. Please go away. Your parasitic behavior becomes more annoying every day. Go eat at someone else's leftovers.

To the poster, mpl6876: This thread and this post is directed at you…with all due respect.

You and others can attack me all you want. I have no ill feelings towards those who don't like my post and to those who attack me personally. I am better than that. I am not here to be liked. I am here to discuss my feelings about the Bills and read others opinions as well.

If you look at my prior posts, I have brought up several issues, points, and concerns about the Bills. Several have commented appropriately and countered my post. However, most like you have not answered many of the questions I have brought up. Instead you resort to immature name calling and "baseless" accusastions. How are my post insidious and dishonest? Nevertheless, I will remain cordial and civil.

You are entitled to you opinion and free to express it in whatever format you want. However, I believe I am afforded the same right. You might be surprised by how many fans actually agree with many of my post...

Your attack was factless, based on emotion, personal, and incorect. You should be embarrased by your immature behavoir. But hey your entitled to your opinion. Nothing personal here. My intent is not to "stir up trouble." My intent is to express my opinions and let the chips fall where they fall...

Nothing personal here...but I am not going anywhere....

You and others can attack me all you want. I have no ill feelings towards those who don't like my post and to those who attack me personally. I am better than that. I am not here to be liked. I am here to discuss my feelings about the Bills and read others opinions as well.

If you look at my prior posts, I have brought up several issues, points, and concerns about the Bills. Several have commented appropriately and countered my post. However, most like you have not answered many of the questions I have brought up. Instead you resort to immature name calling and "baseless" accusastions. How are my post insidious and dishonest? Nevertheless, I will remain cordial and civil.

You are entitled to you opinion and free to express it in whatever format you want. However, I believe I am afforded the same right. You might be surprised by how many fans actually agree with many of my post...

Your attack was factless, based on emotion, personal, and incorect. You should be embarrased by your immature behavoir. But hey your entitled to your opinion. Nothing personal here. My intent is not to "stir up trouble." My intent is to express my opinions and let the chips fall where they fall...

Nothing personal here...but I am not going anywhere....

I am going to have to side with San Jose here. mpl6876, you are the type that sees a pimple on the tip of a mans nose, and constantly points it out to the man like he has no idea it is there. Then wonders why no one likes you.

Do people understand the whole purpose of this thread or not? :cry:

Sorry, Steely.

But the whole thread defeats the purpose of the thread…and you know what I mean.

We were on the subject. I wanted to call the person out because it needed to be done.

People were taking the person at face value. The person is disingenuous.

Sorry, Steely.

But the whole thread defeats the purpose of the thread…and you know what I mean.

We were on the subject. I wanted to call the person out because it needed to be done.

People were taking the person at face value. The person is disingenuous.

I know it's hard to avoid but it's better to say nothing and move on. You're giving him the attention he so much desires.

man that's great advice. But it seems that the right thing to do is always the harder thing to do....and I...just...don't.... know..... if i have the willpower. :cry:

So you give them their own "tribute" thread? O-kaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

LMAO!

side note: I feel special to be on a thread with so many oldtimers! :cry: