Lynch arrives in Buffalo- Per PFT

So you're saying he didn't finish something he started?

Assuming you went to college, what did you go to college for? To get a good job, I would assume. Well after his junior year, Lynch got offered millions to work. I absolutely loved every second of my college experience but I would be out of there the second they offered that to me. I think 95% of people would. But the fact still remains, as dumb as everyone thinks Lynch is, he can get a degree from a great school.

Yes, he needs to mature. But he is still 24 and pretty much the world is his oyster.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New GM, new head coach, new coaching staff, Fred Jackson is ahead of you on the depth chart, your team drafted one of the more electrifying backs plus picked up the division II rushing leader...and you aren't motivated enough to get your butt into Buffalo so you can show all those newbies your "stuff?" Forget about what the fans think of you, you can't find it in yourself to compete? To learn the new offense? To show some team spirit? To at least demonstrate a teensy bit of comraderie?

I don't know who's advising you, Marshawn, but from my viewpoint, it looks like it's all bad.

The Rules of Running the Ball Inside the 10:

1. Turn off the QB's helmet receiver so the OC can't interfere.

2. Snap the ball on a 2-count.

3. Repeat as necessary.

<_<

I once played in a game during college (Div II, nothing special) where we finished the game with -12 yards rushing. I proudly proclaimed in the locker room after the game that we literally could have fallen forward 50 consecutive plays in a row and we would have finished with positive yardage.

Looks like this thread has turned into a Fred/Marshawn debate. Here's the rushing stats from 2008 & 2009:

Marshawn Lynch:

2009: 120 carries, 450 yards and 2 TDs

2008: 250 carries, 1036 yards and 8 TDs

Fred Jackson:

2009: 237 carries, 1062 yards and 2 TDs

2008: 130 carries, 571 yards and 3 TD's

Lynch's total: 370 carries, 1486 yards and 10 TDs

Jackson's total: 367 carries, 1633 yards and 5 TDs

Jackson had 3 less carries and out gained Lynch by 147 yards

Lynch had 5 more TDs than Jackson

Bottom line, Jackson is better between the 20's but Lynch is the better red zone RB.

As sad as it is for some of you to believe it, Lynch is only a year short of getting a degree from one of the best universities in the country. I doubt Applebee's is in his future. But thank god, he finally showed up to VOLUNTARY offseason drills.

almost got a degree in Social Welfare. He would make more money working at Applebee's

As sad as it is for some of you to believe it, Lynch is only a year short of getting a degree from one of the best universities in the country. I doubt Applebee's is in his future. But thank god, he finally showed up to VOLUNTARY offseason drills.

SENSITIVE...the Applebee joke relates to his spoof on ESPN about frequenting Applebee's. None-the-less I doubt a graduate of the BEST Social Welfare Program (his major) in the universe, even if it is, can sustain NFL player cash flows, you know after he matures enough to realize he should go back and complete his degree, which he may or may not...

Bills already have two 2 solid running backs that want to be part of the team, so the spirit of you point is right on… "who cares about him being in OTA's…?"

almost got a degree in Social Welfare. He would make more money working at Applebee's

Let's be honest here: Lynch could get any job in Oakland he really wanted.

And good for him if that's his major. Life is about more than money (though he should never struggle in that regard either).

Yay! Now we can all relax. Our 3rd string RB is officially on board.

Lynch would be a feature back with an NFL caliber O-line. Off-field issues aside, I don't get the hate for Marshawn. He plays with tremendous power and never quits. He's the best RB we have and I expect Gailey to maximize his talents.

I'm sorry to let the facts get in the way of your blind love for Lynch, but Jackson averaged 4.5 a carry last year, while Lynch was at 3.7.

The past 3 seasons, Jackson has had a higher YPC average than Lynch, rather Lynch is getting the bulk of the carries ( '07, '08) or Jackson is ('09).

Even though Lynch had 100 less carries, he still fumbled the ball 3 times, the same as Jackson. So his fumble ratio is worse.

And even though Lynch has far more playing time than Jackson over the last 3 seasons, Jackson has more receptions and a higher yards per reception average.

Again, sorry to bring facts into this dilusional love you feel for Lynch

So, I'd love to hear how you justify "By far the better RB"

Too bad. Good points all. If only you could have done that with out being rude and insulting.

Yay! Now we can all relax. Our 3rd string RB is officially on board.

I promise Marshawn isn't our 3rd string thats blatantly retarded...He's 1st or 2nd with CJ being more of a pass-receiving back..its gonna play out like this..

Marshawn = Endzone Back

Fred = Between the 20's back

CJ= Pass Receiving back (for captain checkdown)

Mark it down! *espn fantasy football guy voice* CHAMPIONCHIP!...LOL...

Looks like this thread has turned into a Fred/Marshawn debate. Here's the rushing stats from 2008 & 2009:

Marshawn Lynch:

2009: 120 carries, 450 yards and 2 TDs

2008: 250 carries, 1036 yards and 8 TDs

Fred Jackson:

2009: 237 carries, 1062 yards and 2 TDs

2008: 130 carries, 571 yards and 3 TD's

Lynch's total: 370 carries, 1486 yards and 10 TDs

Jackson's total: 367 carries, 1633 yards and 5 TDs

Jackson had 3 less carries and out gained Lynch by 147 yards

Lynch had 5 more TDs than Jackson

Bottom line, Jackson is better between the 20's but Lynch is the better red zone RB.

Doggy that sh*t was a perfect way to put it I co-sign 100% so we need both and adding CJ for captain checkdown in the passing/checkdown game would be perfect. I been trying to state that since the draft but you said it better...

<_<

Oh and now I think about it who need receivers..LMAO...

Geeze - calm down! It's football. He's young and dumb, and he can play the game when he sets his mind to it. Year 1 was very good. Year 2 wasn't. Year 3 - who knows? Give him a chance. If he approaches anything close to year 1, we'll have a devastating trio at the position and great injury insurance. Also, he will increase his trade value for all of you who want to travel that road. I'd rather keep him and hope he straightens out. Remember Freddy's 29 and a good mentor for him (for off-field behavior).

Give the bashing a rest.

I promise Marshawn isn't our 3rd string thats blatantly retarded...He's 1st or 2nd with CJ being more of a pass-receiving back..its gonna play out like this..

Marshawn = Endzone Back

Fred = Between the 20's back

CJ= Pass Receiving back (for captain checkdown)

Mark it down! *espn fantasy football guy voice* CHAMPIONCHIP!...LOL...

Doggy that sh*t was a perfect way to put it I co-sign 100% so we need both and adding CJ for captain checkdown in the passing/checkdown game would be perfect. I been trying to state that since the draft but you said it better...

<_<

Oh and now I think about it who need receivers..LMAO...

Thanks!! :D:lol:

Marshawn Lynch, CPA

<_<

I once played in a game during college (Div II, nothing special) where we finished the game with -12 yards rushing. I proudly proclaimed in the locker room after the game that we literally could have fallen forward 50 consecutive plays in a row and we would have finished with positive yardage.

I still think that Buddy Ryan's punch at OC Gilbride was a great NFL moment... :D