Pro Football Weekly has us dead last

I just downloaded the latest On-line edition of PFW & couldn't find a link to this on thir site. The biggest surprise is they rank the Super Bowl champs #10 & Green Bay #1. Here are the rankings

GB

Ind

SD

Min

Balt

NYJ

NE

Dal

Atl

NO

Hou

NYG

Mia

Chi

SF

Wash

Phil

Pit

Cin

Ten

Ariz

Car

Den

Jacks

Sea

Det

KC

Oak

Cle

Stl

TB

Bills

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said before and will say again, the media treats us like we've gone 3-13 four years in a row, instead of three years of 7-9 followed by a 6-10 (which could easily have been a 7-9 yet again had Leodis not braincramped against the Pats*). We're not a good team, and may not even be a mediocre team anymore, but I'll bet we pick no better than 5th or 6th in next year's draft, and more likely 8th or 9th. We've lost TO and probably lost Schobel, but we've also added Spiller, Troup, Edwards and Davis and lost Jauron, while our young guys including our 2009 rookies, who, other than Maybin, played pretty well last year (Wood, Levitre, Byrd and Nelson all come to mind) all have a year in the NFL under their belt. All while adding a coach who seems to know how to mask a QB's weaknesess, of which ours admittedly have many. If we can keep our QB upright and generate any kind of passing attack, I think this team will suprise some people and may win up to 8 games this season, although 5-6 is probably more like it.....

I've said before and will say again, the media treats us like we've gone 3-13 four years in a row, instead of three years of 7-9 followed by a 6-10

The media treats us (Bills fans) fine. Don't take it personally when analysts predict the Bills to be bad this season. They are not insultingly off base with that prediction.

if they are predicted dead last wouldnt they be surprising some people by default?

31/32 chance to "surprise".

This is a good test for Coach Gailey - the players read these things, and they'll be talking about it. Does he put a chip on their shoulders, or let them play to expectations?

He doesn't strike me as a "play to expectations" kind of guy.

I don't think these people are putting in any effort in these predictions. The Bills are poised for a run at the playoffs. They've got a head coach who knows how to build an offense around the talent on the team....and 2 years ago Trent led the team to 4-0 before being slaughtered by Wilson. He will reconnect his synaptic gaps with his arm.

The team had 20 guys on IR, and as it turns out they had a country club workout regime. This is fixed.

32 out of 32 is ridiculous.

I don't think these people are putting in any effort in these predictions. The Bills are poised for a run at the playoffs. They've got a head coach who knows how to build an offense around the talent on the team....and 2 years ago Trent led the team to 4-0 before being slaughtered by Wilson. He will reconnect his synaptic gaps with his arm.

The team had 20 guys on IR, and as it turns out they had a country club workout regime. This is fixed.

32 out of 32 is ridiculous.

Poised for a run at the playoffs? ;) This year will be a success if they win 6 games.

Can we petition for a recount after we tell them that Ralph's been taking HGH?

Ralph is not taking HGH. He is taking Metamucil. When Ralph says he is a regular guy he is referring to his bowel movements.

Poised for a run at the playoffs? ;) This year will be a success if they win 6 games.

Maybe by your definition. I set the bar higher. They were in nearly every game last year, with a decimated squad and a zombie head coach. Their offense was 31 of 32, and they still won 6 games.