Breast Cancer Vaccine

WWVaBeach

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately this comes 2 years too late to have helped save my Mom ;)

But hopefully this saves others from having to suffer what she went thru

I'm very sorry about your Mom, dev. Cancer's a B word, and almost everybody I know has been affected by it in some way or another. I'm fortunate enough to still have both of my parents, but it's claimed 3 of my grandparents and watching it happen is just awful.

Hopefully this is news of a potential vaccine is the official light at the end of the tunnel (though the cynic in me doubts it).

I miss things on these boards--I am sorry to hear about your wife man. That's awful. I hope the treatments are going well.

You didn't miss anything. It's a long, complicated story that I haven't and won't share.

The caveat being: it works in mice. It's FAR from being a usable vaccine yet.

Still...that's huge. Probably too late for my wife, but still huge.

You didn't miss anything. It's a long, complicated story that I haven't and won't share.

:lol: Best of luck to you and your family DC.

I have lost 2 family members to it, so i know how it is.

Heres to hoping this vaccine is the start of a huge breakthrough in modenr medicine! ;)

I learned a lot when my mom had breast cancer - did a lot of reading, listened to a lot of doctors, etc.........And, I came away with the impression that what they call breast cancer, and really cancer in general is really an umbrella of so many different diseases or disease states (eg. with breast cancer, there is estrogen-receptor positive vs. estrogen receptor negative, etc.)..........I came away very leary of anything that is a vaccine or cure for any type of cancer. Maybe it would be for a variation of breast cancer, and that would be great........But, for breast cancer as a whole, I don't see how it's possible.

there's nothing but friendly ears on this board when it comes to this sort of thing.

I have to say...I had a bit of an 'epic' thread a few years ago when my 6 month old (at the time) daughter was dealing with every conceivable complication of open heart surgery. 90 days later we brought her home. that 'thread' unfortunately was lost with the server crash. Regardless of her 'individual' story, your point is completely valid. there is a lot of joking on this board, but Never with this type of thing. I recall with some genuine surprise (and appreciation) how comforting the support was...... especially considering how most of us are complete 'strangers.' I 'vented' in many directions at that time but this was one of them....and it served me well.

Interesting Malaria and Measles rank higher and get little publicity, which is a shame because there are already immunizations for those diseases.

Also, suicide and violence rank higher, which is part darwinism and part society needing to adapt and fix itself.

Plus, there are a ton of deaths due to maltrition. Sad sad.

To look at it like most, the first one does not matter, here in the USA we do not have to worry about that stuff.

Everyone wants to pretend they are against violence but we do not act out against it.

Poor nutrition, those people get whats coming to them, right?

Just sucks. If we can create an immunization for Breast cancer, which we need, I hope society puts as much effort in to solving another issue: diet, nutrition and maltrition. It is horrible, the direction our society is heading. That said, mother nature may just be trying to even the playing field to take care of Earth. Good move Earth, looks like you're winning.

Unfortunately this comes 2 years too late to have helped save my Mom ;)

But hopefully this saves others from having to suffer what she went thru

same here, bro....I agree, though, I hope one day women are spared from this disease

I learned a lot when my mom had breast cancer - did a lot of reading, listened to a lot of doctors, etc.........And, I came away with the impression that what they call breast cancer, and really cancer in general is really an umbrella of so many different diseases or disease states (eg. with breast cancer, there is estrogen-receptor positive vs. estrogen receptor negative, etc.)..........I came away very leary of anything that is a vaccine or cure for any type of cancer. Maybe it would be for a variation of breast cancer, and that would be great........But, for breast cancer as a whole, I don't see how it's possible.

Basically, every kind of cancer is a separate disease. There will never be one cure for cancer. Some just come from random mutations.