Bring Back TO

major

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. It's time to get younger at this position, not older. Unless it was for a major discount, I'd say no. But if we can get him on the cheap, maybe they'll do it right this year and trade him late in the season (provided we're out of contention), and get an additional draft pick out of him. I'd be all for that.

:angry:

Who is going to give you a draft pick later for a has-been they could have for a song now?

:angry:

Who is going to give you a draft pick later for a has-been they could have for a song now?

It's a long season. Say someone limps into the playoffs and needs a WR because their #2 guy pulled a hammy ... you never know. I think the risk would be minimal. My biggest fear is him messing with team chemistry. Can't put a price on that!

It's a long season. Say someone limps into the playoffs and needs a WR because their #2 guy pulled a hammy ... you never know. I think the risk would be minimal. My biggest fear is him messing with team chemistry. Can't put a price on that!

I don't see it. He's old, has a terrible rep, and had a poor season last year (arguably not his fault). If I'm a GM needing to make a trade mid-season (there is a trading deadline) because of injury then TO is probably not even on my list to consider, since I want a team guy that will hit the ground running and integrate quickly with the program. I'd hang up on you if you called, frankly.

Agreed. Get him now! You only got 1 proven WR in Evans. Not sure why they didn't resign him and Reed for that matter. If they didn't pan out in Training camp, they can cut them then, if someone else steps up. Right now we're hoping and praying someone does.

Man!---if we could sign a guy like TO, we would have the top WR duo in the league! Our QB play would improve! The young WRs would learn how to play the position by watching TO's effort-centered work ethic! Heck, even our DBs would benefit by having to cover him in practice!

Oh, wait.....sorry---thought this was May 2009.

My bad.

If only could have stayed the way they were in May. And if only Trent didn't continue to regress.

I don't see it. He's old, has a terrible rep, and had a poor season last year (arguably not his fault). If I'm a GM needing to make a trade mid-season (there is a trading deadline) because of injury then TO is probably not even on my list to consider, since I want a team guy that will hit the ground running and integrate quickly with the program. I'd hang up on you if you called, frankly.

I think getting over 800 yds as a WR on last year's Bills easily translates into 1000+ yds with many teams. I'm not any huge T.O. supporter, don't get me wrong. Would I prefer he was a member of the team next year? No. But if we could get him for dirt cheap, with the possibility of getting something out of it by the trade deadline .. why not? He still has skills and he did manage to get 800+ yds under Jauron/Van Pelt and Co.

After reading Fitzpatrick's comments regarding TO, I'm still wondering why we didn't resign the guy. Granted, I wouldn't pay him anywhere near what we paid for him last year. However, he was the best receiver on our team last year. Right now, it looks like he'd be the best receiver on our team this year if we had kept him (sorry LEE).

Oh well, he's not coming back; therefore, I'll drop it.

I saw him drop too many balls. Too high priced. T.O. is not the direction this team is going.

Maybe I was in a time warp, but I could have sworn he was our most productive receiver last year.

Probably because the QB's tried to get him the ball on every play.. too bad he didn't try to catch the ball on every play..

Maybe I was in a time warp, but I could have sworn he was our most productive receiver last year.

A couple of long gainers in garbage time does not make you productive. When the game was on the line T.O. came up real small.

PTR

If only could have stayed the way they were in May. And if only Trent didn't continue to regress.

Edwards had a crummy year, but he took fewer than half the snaps last year. What regressed was the Bills passing game despite TO.

Here's the deal: We're in a rebuild mode. We are not a team that is looking to add one or two veterans in a position of need to make a run at the Super Bowl. We are not a team that wants a one or two year stop-gap. Could TO help our team this year and be an improvement? Absolutely. I think the Bills decision makers realize that too. However, this is a time when they would rather see what we have with younger guys and move on for the future. That's the reason we're not bringing him back.

He may not have been the solution, but he clearly wasn't the problem. Poor blocking and passing were the biggest problems we had. Sure T.O. could have fough harder for a few passes, and yes he dropped a few as well, but he was a net positive.

I know people love to throw around meaningless aphorisms about one player pulling the rest of the team up with them, but sometimes that's not realistic. When you've got a revolving door at O-line, and guys who were riding the couch on Wednesday starting on Sunday there's only so much a WR can do, especially when the QB's getting hit before he can get through his route.

Edwards had a crummy year, but he took fewer than half the snaps last year. What regressed was the Bills passing game despite TO.

I only mentioned Edwards because he was supposed to prove that 2008 was a fluke and/or excused by his concussion. Throw in Fitz as well that the offense sucked and rendered the WR's ineffectual. You're only making my case further for me, because both had exponentially more to do with the passing game stinking than TO himself. To go along with firing the OC and cutting the starting LT just days before the opener, and then the injuries along the O-line.

We're not a play-off team ... we're rebuilding ... let's find out what we have with our young receivers ... time to move on.

Agreed.

Our young receivers need time on the field to prove that they belong or that they don't. We ain't winning the SB this year, TO can last maybe one more year anyways so why wast the development (or lack of) of our young WR's. No point holding their development back for little gain.