Bring Back TO

major

After reading Fitzpatrick's comments regarding TO, I'm still wondering why we didn't resign the guy. Granted, I wouldn't pay him anywhere near what we paid for him last year. However, he was the best receiver on our team last year. Right now, it looks like he'd be the best receiver on our team this year if we had kept him (sorry LEE).

Oh well, he's not coming back; therefore, I'll drop it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent or Fitz can do the same thing with Lee Evans, Evans certainly has the speed, why don't they use Lee on some go routes one on one?

I would not be mad if the Bills signed T.O also. He and Byrd and Jackson were really the only reason why I tuned in last year, and now T.O. is gone...

Trent or Fitz can do the same thing with Lee Evans, Evans certainly has the speed, why don't they use Lee on some go routes one on one?

They hit Evans on some good stuff last year too. In part because TO was on the other side so the D couldn't sag way in on Lee. If we don't get TO or Mushen Muhammed or someone like that the D will double Lee and dare us to beat them with Harvey or Johnson or a rookie. Good luck with that.

I think we need to get TO back in here and give him whatever he wants. I don't care, it's not my money. I want us to put the best team we can put out there and play like and win.

Go BILLS !!

After reading Fitzpatrick's comments regarding TO, I'm still wondering why we didn't resign the guy. Granted, I wouldn't pay him anywhere near what we paid for him last year. However, he was the best receiver on our team last year. Right now, it looks like he'd be the best receiver on our team this year if we had kept him (sorry LEE).

I fine if he comes back for another year, just would hope that it would be for about 3 million vice 6 million...but it isn't my money...so just get him back here! I don't see where we have any proven starter beyond Lee Evans and not very much depth or experience..Just a bunch of hopefuls which is okay I guess...S. Johnson, J. Hardy, the rookie Easley, Roosevelt, and a couple of others I guess...Yeah, you better get T.O. back before someone else gets him!

I wouldn't mind resigning him either. He is an instant upgrade to what we have on our current roster. My guess is he really doesn't want to play in Buffalo. He probably wants to be on a contender. Does a contending team wanna take a chance on him? Lots of questions. I suspect he will be signed right before the preseason starts but not by Buffalo.

no thanks. for someone who makes 6 mil a year he drops way too many passes and doesnt try to go for the ball if it isnt thrown where TO wants it to be. Sure the 5 plays he made last year were good and his work ethic may also be good in his first year with a team, but we can send out a hardy or johnson or cousin joe from down the street and they can do the same thing he did most of last year.

I second the NO THANKS. T.O. didn't put us over the top or anything and he won't this year. He dropped his share of passes and never came back after an underthrown ball. He will hurt the development of the younger guys and that is not something i am willing to sacrifice for a person thats not going to bring us any more wins. It's time to move on guys. This team is going in another direction.

no thanks. for someone who makes 6 mil a year he drops way too many passes and doesnt try to go for the ball if it isnt thrown where TO wants it to be. Sure the 5 plays he made last year were good and his work ethic may also be good in his first year with a team, but we can send out a hardy or johnson or cousin joe from down the street and they can do the same thing he did most of last year.

I happen to agree with most of your post. He does drop alot of balls but he does score touchdowns too. Something the Bills have a problem doing. I agree that his effort going at times going after the ball was questionable. Your last sentence is over the top. To compare TO even an old TO to Hardy, Johnson, and Cousin Joe. Come on... Hardy appears to be on the verge of being a BUST! He looks to be as dumb as a rock. Johnson is great in preseason but yet to really produce in the regular season with the exception of one game. Cousin Joe down the street ...He indeed would be an upgrade to our receiving core. What about the OL not giving the QB enough time to thrown the ball to him? What about our QB's inability to throw the ball to him. Just look at Lee Evans numbers. The even suck the last 2 years...I think we can agree he is a top tier WR. We could have Steve Smith, Larry Fitzpatrick, Andre RIsen, and Antonio Gates in our lineup and we still would suck. Why? No QB and no OL to protect him. Resulting in diminished results for the best receivers in the NFL. For God sakes we couldn't even keep his TO's consecutive catched streak alive. Blame TO if you want. I am about having the best roster possible and he is (TO)welcome to be on my Bills team. Our receiving corps is aweful...

Over the course of his career, T.O. in his first year with a team has been a pussycat. T.O. in his second year with a team has been an altogether different kind of animal.

:angry:

I wish I shared your extreme optimism. And I'm usually optimistic when it comes to the Bills.

Man!---if we could sign a guy like TO, we would have the top WR duo in the league! Our QB play would improve! The young WRs would learn how to play the position by watching TO's effort-centered work ethic! Heck, even our DBs would benefit by having to cover him in practice!

Oh, wait.....sorry---thought this was May 2009.

My bad.

We're not a play-off team ... we're rebuilding ... let's find out what we have with our young receivers ... time to move on.

If thats the case why not start Levi Brown/Brian Brohm and see what we have. Flawed thinking my friend.

Man!---if we could sign a guy like TO, we would have the top WR duo in the league! Our QB play would improve! The young WRs would learn how to play the position by watching TO's effort-centered work ethic! Heck, even our DBs would benefit by having to cover him in practice!

Oh, wait.....sorry---thought this was May 2009.

My bad.

Great post!!!!!!

I would not be mad if the Bills signed T.O also. He and Byrd and Jackson were really the only reason why I tuned in last year, and now T.O. is gone...

They do. He's short and doesnt beat his guy. Evans has speed, but so do most #1 CBs he lines up against.

If thats the case why not start Levi Brown/Brian Brohm and see what we have. Flawed thinking my friend.

Now you're just being silly ... but I'll be down with Brohm/Brown experiment when we get eliminated from the play-offs

We're not a play-off team ... we're rebuilding ... let's find out what we have with our young receivers ... time to move on.

I agree. It's time to get younger at this position, not older. Unless it was for a major discount, I'd say no. But if we can get him on the cheap, maybe they'll do it right this year and trade him late in the season (provided we're out of contention), and get an additional draft pick out of him. I'd be all for that.