OTA update

Just read the article on Buffalobills.com Link

I'm hoping there will be a video update, but who knows.

Interesting tidbits:

-Sounds like Gailey is unimpressed with the QBs. Big time.

-McKelvin is looking very good

-Easley is looking like he is going to push Hardy and Johnson. All reports on him have been impressive.

-No mention of Maybin. In fact, they had Ellis and Kelsay starting at OLB. Geez. I hope that is just a temporary solution. I'm one of the few who seems to be optimistic about Maybin's chances at OLB. But, I'm surprised Ellis is getting first team reps over him.

Interesting tidbits:

-Easley is looking like he is going to push Hardy and Johnson. All reports on him have been impressive.

-No mention of Maybin. In fact, they had Ellis and Kelsay starting at OLB. Geez. I hope that is just a temporary solution. I'm one of the few who seems to be optimistic about Maybin's chances at OLB. But, I'm surprised Ellis is getting first team reps over him.

Am I surprised?

Maybinot.

The only thing surprising is that it is Worthliss taking the spot and not some street FA.

Thanks for the link though.

Sounds more like the entire passing game, not just the QBs -- he mentioned route running and such.

True. Though Steve Johnson is known as a pretty solid route runner and Evans is known as one of the better route runners in the game (or so I thought...). I have to imagine that aside from being a big knock on the QBs, it is a pretty big knock on Hardy.

No actually it said Hardy ran some good routes...Dont look to much into Easley quite yet....IF I recall Hardy was Impressive his Rookie OTAs

“We don’t need to cancel practice, but we’ve got a lot of work to do in the throwing game,” he said. “We’re rusty and we’ve got to continue to work route running as well as throwing the football. But I can tell we haven’t thrown the football. We’ve thrown it individually, but not with bodies flying around and that’s a lot different.”

"We don't need to cancel practice, but we've got a lot of work to do in the throwing game," he said. "We're rusty and we've got to continue to work route running as well as throwing the football. But I can tell we haven't thrown the football. We've thrown it individually, but not with bodies flying around and that's a lot different."

It's the first day of OTA's in late May. I'd fully expect them to be a little rusty. So, personally, I'm not reading that much into any of the comments... just yet.

Of course, they dids say Trent and Fitzy took the majority of reps. We can only assume that if Brohm was getting the first unit reps the QB play would look much sharper.

It's the first day of OTA's in late May. I'd fully expect them to be a little rusty. So, personally, I'm not reading that much into any of the comments... just yet.

Agreed 100%. :lol:

Of course, they dids say Trent and Fitzy took the majority of reps. We can only assume that if Brohm was getting the first unit reps the QB play would look much sharper.

That bolded bit might be the difference.

Both the previous and would expect it (especially this time of year). But I'm hoping this is an indication that Gailey & Co. are less accepting of it.

No actually it said Hardy ran some good routes...Dont look to much into Easley quite yet....IF I recall Hardy was Impressive his Rookie OTAs

That's interesting considering the fact that Hardy was not at the Rookie OTAs a couple of weeks ago. Gailey said Hardy had to "take care of some things" and that is why he wasn't there.

Regardless, Hardy spent a lot of time with T.O. last season and that can only be a good thing for him moving forward. It also sounds like he is talking to Evans a lot this season which is also good. I think he wants to do it. Just a matter of if he can do it.

after watching the presser it seems as though Chan is starting realize the massive job he has ahead of him to turn the offense around .

No surprise. The offense had been crafted to be simple, as per Jauron's request. Gailey has to undo all of that and actually teach them how to run a real offense.

Interesting tidbits:

The Buffalo News is reporting that Maybin was the starter at OLB. They specifically say that Ellis was on the 2nd team defense.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...-be-first-.html

Edwards comments were pretty good too - sounds like he wants to work and get better to me.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...1e-e3021565560b

Funny that he called out Fairchild by name (in a conversation about consistency in coordinators, to be fair). He also talked about how we run the same plays out of the same formations and it g0t pretty predictable. Sounds like Chan knows how to disguise plays and understands that certain plays can build off one another. Amen!

Trent also mentioned having one guy at the helm. Last year must have been a real clusterf...

The Buffalo News is reporting that Maybin was the starter at OLB. They specifically say that Ellis was on the 2nd team defense.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...-be-first-.html

Interesting. I figured Stroud, Edwards, and Williams (at least initially) would start on the DL, Davis would start at ILB and Maybin would start at OLB, but I didn't know where Poz would play, and what they'd do with Mitchell, Kelsay, and Ellis. Looks like they want to keep Poz in the middle, along with Davis, and have Kelsay join Maybin on the outside, leaving Ellis, and most notably Mitchell, to play 2nd team defense. Also interesting to see them start Whitner at SS over Wilson.