RIP Mars Lander Phoenix

/dev/null

I thought it might be River's or Joaquim's brother....his parents were hippies

:worthy:

Did anyone else read the topic of this post and assume that Mars Lander Phoenix was the lead singer of some crappy 80's hair band? Or maybe one of Frank Zappa's children?

:worthy:

Did anyone else read the topic of this post and assume that Mars Lander Phoenix was the lead singer of some crappy 80's hair band? Or maybe one of Frank Zappa's children?

Until I saw who posted it, I thought it might be another talentless punk rock icon from some obscure band.

[Thread-jack]

Unrelated, but here's a cool time-lapse video of the 4/5/2010 Discovery launch.

Sometimes, it's amazing what people can do.

[/Thread-jack]

That was pretty cool. Sucks that the shuttle program is coming to an end and there doesn't seem to be any real interest in finding a new viable alternative.

They should have tested it through a Buffalo winter.

We went sailing this past Sunday and the captain was from Siberia. Later in the trip we were talking football and I'm mentioned I a Bills fan seeing I'm from Buffalo and my wife chime in with "that's the US's version of Siberia." :lol:

Looks like I trained her well.

We went sailing this past Sunday and the captain was from Siberia. Later in the trip we were talking football and I'm mentioned I a Bills fan seeing I'm from Buffalo and my wife chime in with "that's the US's version of Siberia." :lol:

Looks like I trained her well.

May have seen you. I was in Sausilito geocaching Sunday. There were tons of sailboats out on the Bay. Was such a clear day too.

I hate to read things like this. They were just out trying to enjoy a day on the water. :lol:

I know, something my wife and have done alone many times in soCal (sailing that is, not going overboard). We've had some scary moments ourselves out there.