Trent or Ryan... Vote

Trent or Ryan  

160 members have voted

1. 1. If we don't go with a rookie... which is starter

• Trent "check down" Edwards
    • Ryan "INT" Fitz
    • Fred Jackson
    • Brian "Alphadawg7" Brohm :-)

I'm strongly in favor of Trent Edwards for the simple reason that it will result in DarthIce going crazy. After he is committed to an institution without being allowed to have any electronic gadgets he won't be able to rant about the kitty or other qb nonsense he constantly fulminates about. :blush:

I'll pop some popcorn and watch the board blow up when Darth learns that Trent is the starter.

We pretty much know what we get with TE and Fitz, based on their past history. Brohm is the unknown, but I have a hunch Brohm is going to be out of the NFL in another season or two. No reason, just a hunch.

Edwards has (had) some capabilities that were fairly effective, when he had time to throw and the schemes were designed to play into his strengths. I don't think Fitz is going to get appreciably better than what we saw last year.

I'm expecting a caretaker role from this year's QB, whoever it is. Run on 1st & 2nd down, throw on 3rd if they have to or crank up CJ. Stiffen the D, play tough & smart, hold opposing teams to low scores & grind it out.

Go after one of the better QB's in next year's draft.

And strangely enough, I'm okay with that.

It's the lamest reason ever but my last name is Edwards. I want him to suceed because I am tired of buying new QB jerseys. Flutie, Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman and now Edwards. I hope Trent snaps out of his "checkdown habit" and stays heaalthy. Stranger things have happened.

That is a good of reason as I have ever heard on this board. :worthy:

I'm strongly in favor of Trent Edwards for the simple reason that it will result in DarthIce going crazy. After he is committed to an institution without being allowed to have any electronic gadgets he won't be able to rant about the kitty or other qb nonsense he constantly fulminates about. :worthy:

Nah he'll quickly change his mind and rationalize the decision into something positive. He did the same thing after his choice of coach that he lauded, Frazier, wasn't hired (He suddenly became the boards biggest Chan fan), and when a quarterback wasn't drafted this year until the 7th round despite his twenty threads about how important quarterbacks are.

Nah he'll quickly change his mind and rationalize the decision into something positive. He did the same thing after his choice of coach that he lauded, Frazier, wasn't hired (He suddenly became the boards biggest Chan fan), and when a quarterback wasn't drafted this year until the 7th round despite his twenty threads about how important quarterbacks are.

So what you are saying is that putting the bluster aside he is very flexible? :worthy:

I'll pop some popcorn and watch the board blow up when Darth learns that Trent is the starter.

Iceman's worst fear is Trent Edwards playing well. Do you think he has it in him to make the conversion from a hater to a devotee? I have my doubts. :worthy:

I voted for Fitz because he was able to somehow win with the same team that Trent and Brohm somehow couldn't. I wanna win, so I'm going with the guy that gives us the best chance and that's Fitz. He's football smart, confident, and a leader. None of which the other guys are. And he can play in the cold. I swear in that Dolts game he didn't even look like he was cold. Screw "upside". Let's try to win more than we lose for a change.

I voted for Fitz because he was able to somehow win with the same team that Trent and Brohm somehow couldn't. I wanna win, so I'm going with the guy that gives us the best chance and that's Fitz. He's football smart, confident, and a leader. None of which the other guys are. And he can play in the cold. I swear in that Dolts game he didn't even look like he was cold. Screw "upside". Let's try to win more than we lose for a change.

Well said.

"Potential" has short legs. I like victories sooner than later, be they ugly or not.

I'm not voting until i see and here a bit more about Bromm , If we went on college careers it's Bromm hands down we know what we have with the other guys and I believe it's going to be Edwards but i'll wait a bit longer !!

I guess that says it all. Majority rules - 58.33%

Not really accurate considering more than 80% of the votes were cast before Brohm was an option on the list. Original list was Trent, Fitz, and Freddy...so this poll is actually completely pointless at this point...

First, off I dont know what this sentence in bold is supposed to say, it makes no sense.

More importantly, you were inclined to put Fred Jackson on this poll yet left off Brohm who has one start, 2 years in the NFL adjusting to the speed, and more playing time thus far in Gaileys offense than Fitz or Trent since he was at the rookie camp? I just dont get that...I get that you feel Brohm in terms of playing time on the field is close to rookie level experience, but he really is not. So why classify him as a rookie in your poll then list Fred Jackson? I mean I am more likely to start at QB for the Bills than Fred Jackson, so its pointless.

As far as which "vet" would I prefer, I would have to say Trent. I don't think he is cut out to be a starter in this league, has terrible field vision, no confidence, a weak arm (see Josh Reeds comments on how his deep throws have the same velocity of his short throws), terribly inaccurate when going down field, puts too much air under the ball, has terrible pocket presence, and is injury prone...that being said, with Gaileys track record of making below average QB's serviceable, I think Trent could progress more than Fitz under him.

Fitz to me was the more effective starter last year, but I think he has very little upside above what he has shown.

All of this is a mute point anyway, as I really do think Brohm will be the starter this year because he has the most upside of any QB on the roster, and given his very little playing time he has not had the chance to become shell shocked or develop bad habits like checking down at the first sign of a pass rush...

I find it hard to believe you are endorsing Brohm. All of our QB's suck. Trent has had numerous opportunites to prove himself and he hasn't. I am tired of captain checkdown. Fitz is wildly inaccurate but at least he throws the ball downfield. Niether, are first string QB's. With that said, what the hell do we know about Brohm??? Nothing to suggest he can and will be a starter. You statement has little merit. We know he couldn't even beat out Flynn form LSU who wasn't even a good college QB. He has barely thrown any NFL passes. Yet, you think he is going to be the starter... On second thought maybe I am the moron because he doesn't have to beat out much. This has to be the worst QB roster in the league and to boot no Offensive Line. A receipe for losing...

Not really accurate considering more than 80% of the votes were cast before Brohm was an option on the list. Original list was Trent, Fitz, and Freddy...so this poll is actually completely pointless at this point...

I thought I was fairly clear on the poll but I guess I could have been more clear... This was not a who should be the Bills QB in 2010 poll.... more of, which Bills QB played better last year?

And as for Freddy dude it was just a joke to add him... I don't think anyone really thinks he would be our QB starter... 100% pure joke. You can take out Freddy's votes and just compare the QB's and as for Brohms votes as far as I am conserned take them out too seeing as like I said the poll was just comparing the TWO QB's Trent and Ryan.

If you ask why just the two? I have told you why already so I'll just go with because I felt like it.

Brohm has played one game and it wasn't very pretty... while you could take good thing out of it I was at the game in ATL and it didn't go to well. The falcons don't have that great of a D as well. With that said I would be fine with Borhm starting if he looks better in TC than the other two jokes we have on the team.