NY Times (really!) discusses

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naaah, Megyn Kelly is hotter than those chicks. On an extremely related point, check out the comments down below on that site, they seem to be pretty pissed that she wasn't on the list.

I am in the Megyn Kelly fan club. I actually find her mid-afternoon shift engaging. Probably the most watchable timeslot on Fox for me.

Plus she went on Howard Stern a few weeks ago. That always gives someone cred in my book.

I am in the Megyn Kelly fan club. I actually find her mid-afternoon shift engaging. Probably the most watchable timeslot on Fox for me.

Men across America and even across the political spectrum are all interested in Megyn Kelly's slot

How dare you bash unions?

/pbills

Have you seen the latest Chris Christie story making the rounds?

Story here.

Partial video here.

TV Guide Version: During a town hall-like meeting, a NJ teacher starts complaining that she's not being paid enough, and that if she were paid $3/student, she'd be making in excess of $80K/year. She complains the state won't even cover her education costs, etc., to which Christie responds, "Well, you know then that you don’t have to do it." When the teacher argued that teachers do what they do because they love it, Christie told her, essentially, "You went into this knowing the pay scale."

The story adds: Christie said he would not have had to impose cuts to education if the teachers union had agreed to his call for a one-year salary freeze and a 1.5 percent increase in employee benefit contributions. "Your union said that is the greatest assault on public education in the history of the state," Christie said. "That’s why the union has no credibility, stupid statements like that."

I'm really starting to dig this dude.

Have you seen the latest Chris Christie story making the rounds?

Story here.

Partial video here.

TV Guide Version: During a town hall-like meeting, a NJ teacher starts complaining that she's not being paid enough, and that if she were paid $3/student, she'd be making in excess of $80K/year. She complains the state won't even cover her education costs, etc., to which Christie responds, "Well, you know then that you don’t have to do it." When the teacher argued that teachers do what they do because they love it, Christie told her, essentially, "You went into this knowing the pay scale."

The story adds: Christie said he would not have had to impose cuts to education if the teachers union had agreed to his call for a one-year salary freeze and a 1.5 percent increase in employee benefit contributions. "Your union said that is the greatest assault on public education in the history of the state," Christie said. "That’s why the union has no credibility, stupid statements like that."

I'm really starting to dig this dude.

This is !@#$ing awesome.

The truth is that great teachers are national treasures and there are not many of them.

And many are not that bright. And lazy. And suck. But want national treasure pay.

It's why a teacher's union is so stupid. The best teachers should be getting paid like it. and the rest should be getting the ****ty pay they deserve for doing a ****ty job. I have no problem paying a great 7th grade teacher 150K/year...but I have a huge problem paying 2 "going through the motions" 7th grade teachers 75K/year.

If you send your kid to public schools, don't expect much.

It's not his fault, though. There are a lot of candy machines at the capital. This all could have been avoided if someone just removed the candy machines.

No, if they only taxed the candy purchased from those machines. Keep up Marc.

It's not his fault, though. There are a lot of candy machines at the capital. This all could have been avoided if someone just removed the candy machines.

Seriously though, he's gotta hold the fries once in a while. He's not a little overweight--he's GD enormous.

Seriously though, he's gotta hold the fries once in a while. He's not a little overweight--he's GD enormous.

It's really unfortunate. I understand he's probably putting in a lot of hours, and constantly has to "eat on the go," but put a freaking treadmill in your office. Pick your food more wisely.

Lately I've been trying to shed 10 pounds. I'm not that big to begin with, but I'm one of those guys who just gets bigger in the gut, so for the past couple of weeks I've cut back on crap and counted (fat/calories) what I was eating. Yesterday I started looking back at what I would typically eat before I kept track, and it's brutal. If food were drugs, I'd be Amy Winehouse. But there are tons of options to eat well and still enjoy your food; you just need to make a conscience decision to do it.

If Christie doesn't take care of himself, he'll be dead before he can do any good. And I'm of the belief that he has a public obligation to take care of himself.

It's really unfortunate. I understand he's probably putting in a lot of hours, and constantly has to "eat on the go," but put a freaking treadmill in your office. Pick your food more wisely.

Lately I've been trying to shed 10 pounds. I'm not that big to begin with, but I'm one of those guys who just gets bigger in the gut, so for the past couple of weeks I've cut back on crap and counted (fat/calories) what I was eating. Yesterday I started looking back at what I would typically eat before I kept track, and it's brutal. If food were drugs, I'd be Amy Winehouse. But there are tons of options to eat well and still enjoy your food; you just need to make a conscience decision to do it.

If Christie doesn't take care of himself, he'll be dead before he can do any good. And I'm of the belief that he has a public obligation to take care of himself.

:pirate: