NFL.com interview with Arthur Moats

Take us back to the third day of the NFL Draft and when you got the call from Buffalo in the sixth round. Take the readers through the situation when you had calls from the Giants and Falcons, who also were showing heavy interest in you.

Moats: By the time the fifth round came around I had stopped watching the draft and I was upstairs trying to take my mind off it. I get a call and it's the Giants saying they want to select me with their next pick so I was excited but then my phone started ringing again and it was the Falcons. They said they didn't have a pick but they were going to trade to get one so they could select me. Meanwhile the Bills couldn't reach me so they called my mother, and she started yelling for the people in my house to find me. So when they finally found me, I hung up with Atlanta, and the Bills GM told me to go to the TV and there my name was flashing across the screen.

http://blogblitz.nfl.com/buffalo-bills/ent...nterview_arthur

It's hard to criticize the pick if solid organizations like Atlanta and New York wanted him badly.

No it's not. Let's burn Modrak in effegy!

/sarcasm off/

Blind squirrel found a nut on this one. I love Moats and Batten. Do wish Moats was going to be plugged in on the outside. The comparisons with James Harrison in terms of size, speed, and college production are right on the money.

Blind squirrel found a nut on this one. I love Moats and Batten. Do wish Moats was going to be plugged in on the outside. The comparisons with James Harrison in terms of size, speed, and college production are right on the money.

I'm not sure I'm ready to accept LB evals from a guy whose screen name is "Gabe Northern."

No it's not. Let's burn Modrak in effegy!

/sarcasm off/

And if not for the previous near-decade of unsuccessful drafting perhaps Modrak wouldn't be so criticized.

Just a suggestion, if you don't want people to bring up the negative, don't bring up the negative.

Agreed. Gabe should go with Eddie Robinson.

I hate to say it, Gabe >>>>>>>>>>>>> Eddie.

I never can forgive Eddie for being juked by Chad freaking Pennington. That is like getting trucked by Roscoe Parrish or being burnt downfield by Gilbert Brown.

Problem is, Nix or Gailey (one of the 2) said that Moats would be placed on the inside, while Batten would be the outside guy.

great post....thanks

the bills have me looking forward to this preseason......no more fancy packages and intellectual bull........they've brought in some large, strong and tough players who the rest of the league desires also......and they are going to put them through their paces.......might as well find out if someone is injury prone in august rather than october right?

this made me feel like we're at least playing football again!

http://blogblitz.nfl.com/buffalo-bills/ent...nterview_arthur

It's hard to criticize the pick if solid organizations like Atlanta and New York wanted him badly.

it was also reported that the Giants wanted McCargo when he was drafted....how did that work out

not knocking Moats, i really liked the Bills draft but just because the Giants and Falcons liked him doesnt make the pick any better

Of course I have no standing to rate where a player should play, but I was surprised by the immediate assigning of Moats to the ILB spot. He seemed to have some more speed and coverage ability to at least warrant a look at OLB. Also not sure if they have him backing up Poz or looking at him at backing up (and eventually taking over for) Andra Davis at the Mike LB spot.

He could be the next Lawrence Taylor, he could get cut. It's a complete crapshoot. If he's good, that doesn't mean the Bills are geniuses, if he sucks, that doesn't mean the Bills are incompetent. Nobody knows. Either way, this article does nothing for me in determining how good of a pro he's going to be.

Now copy and paste this post of mine- you can insert different players for Lawrence Taylor depending on position and feel free to insert it in future threads regarding speculation on Bills rookies.

If he's good, that doesn't mean the Bills are geniuses, if he sucks, that doesn't mean the Bills are incompetent.

Huh? What?

You've just destroyed all of my perceptions of reality.

He could be the next Lawrence Taylor, he could get cut. It's a complete crapshoot. If he's good, that doesn't mean the Bills are geniuses, if he sucks, that doesn't mean the Bills are incompetent. Nobody knows. Either way, this article does nothing for me in determining how good of a pro he's going to be.

Now copy and paste this post of mine- you can insert different players for Lawrence Taylor depending on position and feel free to insert it in future threads regarding speculation on Bills rookies.

We're playing him inside... even Lawrence Taylor wouldn't be Lawrence Taylor if he played ILB.

We'll see if it works out well but we may look back on things in a year or two and wish Moats had been playing outside.