Jos. A. Bank Rocks

Chef Jim

Just went out to get a couple of suits and they had a sale on. They always have some sort of sale going on. Today it was buy one suit get the second, two shirts and two ties for free. So I got two $750 suits, two $80 shirts, three ties (two were $50 and the one he gave me free was $100) for $975 including tailoring. They have great suits with great prices but this just shows what a rip it is to pay full retail for a clothing.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went out to get a couple of suits and they had a sale on. They always have some sort of sale going on. Today it was buy one suit get the second, two shirts and two ties for free. So I got two $750 suits, two $80 shirts, three ties (two were $50 and the one he gave me free was $100) for $975 including tailoring. They have great suits with great prices but this just shows what a rip it is to pay full retail for a clothing.

Even at the price you paid, I'd guess they still made $500.

:D

Agree - I've found them to be of good quality also. When I wore suits everyday (now business casual) I only bought at Nordstrom. Now I just see them as being overpriced for what you get.

See, I've found their stuff to be poorly made. It just doesn't wear well. For suits, I get them custom tailored now. Fits like a glove, wears very well (sewn right there) and free adjustments for life. Price is actually not too bad depending on the fabric you pick.

See, I've found their stuff to be poorly made. It just doesn't wear well. For suits, I get them custom tailored now. Fits like a glove, wears very well (sewn right there) and free adjustments for life. Price is actually not too bad depending on the fabric you pick.

Seeing I wear suits every day I have a lot of them. These suits work out best for me economically.

:D:thumbsup:

Jos. A. Bank??? I'm glad it works for you, but that place is a joke. If my kid needed a First Communion suit, or if I was a tax accountant, I'd consider that Jos. A. Bank next to the Orange Julius at the mall. If I needed a suit to look like a well-dressed adult, I wouldn't go near there. $1000 should get you seven suits at that place. Maybe that will be their next sale..."A suit for every day of the week for $1000!"

:D:thumbsup:

Jos. A. Bank??? I'm glad it works for you, but that place is a joke. If my kid needed a First Communion suit, or if I was a tax accountant, I'd consider that Jos. A. Bank next to the Orange Julius at the mall. If I needed a suit to look like a well-dressed adult, I wouldn't go near there. $1000 should get you seven suits at that place. Maybe that will be their next sale..."A suit for every day of the week for $1000!"

Great so where do you get your suits?

If you ever, ever, ever walk into a Jos. A. Bank store and there isn't some obscene sale going on, sprint out of the store! :D

I agree with Jim...I like their stuff. I have several of their suits and I've had no complaints. I like how the shirts fit as well.

Of course, I'm not in stratosphere of $1000 suits at the moment so maybe I'm not a good barometer...but I don't think they are poorly made by any stretch.